Worth to read fantasy books

Ciliren

Re: Worth to read fantasy books

Post by Ciliren » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:49 am

It's 100% worth reading "Little Brother" by Cory Doctorow :)
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it

Pensmug

Post by Pensmug » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:08 pm

"Dream Eater" by Bettina Belitz

Dreams are supposedly a reflection of what we want. They express our worries and fears. They show us what we want to see. It is often the case that they satisfy our deeply hidden desires and sometimes show us the future.
After Ellie moved in, she began to have mysterious dreams that haunted her. She had no idea that somewhere outside our world there was another, maybe not better, but interesting and beautiful. She had no idea that he (He?) Could influence what he dreamed. She had no idea that she would soon meet the handsome, mysterious Colin who would change her and her world.
The Dream Eater is a book that shows us the beauty of love and sacrifice. We can learn a lot of good from the heroes. Oh no - this is not another romance novel with sweet music in the background. It seems to me that what is happening in the book has depth. Through the prism of the actions of the heroes, we can see how much a person is able to do for others and shows us important life values.
I recommend the book to those small and large, to those who are sad and cheerful, to you, to him, to her and to everyone. It would be a sin not to read such a beautiful and wonderful book as this one.
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.

Takwir

Post by Takwir » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:16 pm

At this point, I would also like to join those readers who recommend the Dream Eater. When I started reading it, at first I had the impression that it was a moderately interesting novel about a modern girl and her growing up. But I changed my mind very quickly, firstly, the book turned out to be very interesting, to the point that it was difficult to postpone it, and besides, it was not about growing up and maturing, maybe not quite about it. I even devoured the book. What did I like about it? First of all, the book is easy to read, it is interesting, the heroes at first glance are ordinary people, but some of them turn out to be so only at first glance. Besides, B. B. presented the relations between the main characters in a way - one could say that it was original, but it is not entirely true, because I have already encountered such in the literature - but I liked them very much, but I also liked the book. The character of a witch looks a bit naive and fairy-tale like - because it also appears in the novel - but it is bearable. (So ​​I have already revealed that there are elements that go beyond the normal world.) Apart from the beginning, a bit long and "put to sleep", this is the only flaw I would find in a book if I wanted to fault. But is this initial lulling of the reader and the main character to sleep - if we want to look for the second bottom - something consciously introduced into the book? For me, it was such a funny reference that I appreciated somewhere at the end of the novel. I haven't met Ms. Bettina Belitz on the pages of her previous novels - perhaps this is her Polish debut, but I think I'd like to follow her publishing positions, she intrigued me.
In this book, not everything is as it seems at first glance.
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Kaikki

Post by Kaikki » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:23 pm

In my opinion, it is worth reading the recently popular Song of Ice and Fire, it is a piece of really great literature.

Besides, I strongly encourage you to read The Witcher, which is already a classic of the genre.
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Murin

Post by Murin » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:38 pm

Unfortunately, SF books are not my forte, I have never been able to convince myself of them.
But I can say more about fantasy, a lot more;) Many titles that I could recommend have already been written, so I will not repeat myself.
But surely nobody wrote about the WARSAW? This is the first installment in the KEEPING OF VERIDIAN trilogy.
Why do I recommend this book? Because at the time when most of the fantasy publishing news is about vampires, werewolves, etc., this book is surprising. But what we will definitely find in this book is the fight between good and evil, which is not new, but also - time travel, even to antiquity, many missions to complete. A book that you probably won't get bored with :)
Would you like me to put you out of your misery, before I put you out of your misery?

Irakhash

Post by Irakhash » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:44 pm

I will add the series of Children of Shadows, the first part is "Among the Hidden. Among the Cheaters". It is an anti-utopian vision of the world. In a world where the government allows each family to have only two children, another is doomed to death. The explanation of the introduction of the Population Law is the specter of hunger, ruling the world .. Great book.
Mortals cannot perceive me with the physical eye whilst in my pure form unless it is of my choosing, for it would result in fatality, which begs the question of why you are an exception.

Brerg

Post by Brerg » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:55 pm

I definitely recommend the book by Polish writer Stanisław Lem - Solaris.
Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain.

Matsui

Post by Matsui » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:04 pm

Solaris - Stanisław Lem and all parts of Dune. One of the best fantasy books I've read :)
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Vataes

Post by Vataes » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:18 pm

I recommend the books by Robert Gong, he has several published already. Cocaine Love was great and now his novelty has emerged - 666 to the Darkness. If it's on the same level, it's worth reading.
Every time you take one path, you must live with the memory of the other: of a life left unchosen.

Oneia

Post by Oneia » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:51 am

Currently I am reading the Song of Ice and Fire, which I cannot compare at the moment. Recently, I have come across a huge 2 volumes of the newly published 10-volume story "Archives of the stormy light": The Way of Kings and Words of Light. The series isn't as brutal as Game of Thrones, but it is just as rich and interesting. I couldn't break away from her.
Dopamine Addicted