Stranger Things

Rincewind1

Stranger Things

Post by Rincewind1 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:04 am

Hi,
what do you guys think about Stranger Things? I'm absolutely kin on it.
I collect everything I can find with 11: t-shirts, sweatshirts, posters :)
Consider this TV series one of the best on Netflix, particularly because of that awesome 80s spirit :)
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Poison Ivy

Re: Stranger Things

Post by Poison Ivy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:20 am

Oh, yes, Stranger Things is just awesome. I'm in love with 11, actually with Millie Bobby Brown. I was watching the new movie with her - "Enola Holmes". She is so beautiful there. I'm pretty sure that girl has a bright Holywood future :)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Supergirl

Post by Supergirl » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:31 am

Rincewind1 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:04 am Hi,
what do you guys think about Stranger Things? I'm absolutely kin on it.
I collect everything I can find with 11: t-shirts, sweatshirts, posters :)
Consider this TV series one of the best on Netflix, particularly because of that awesome 80s spirit :)
Exactly. The 80's spirit makes the movie. Nothing special about scenario.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Eredin

Post by Eredin » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:54 am

Why did fans love this movie? First of all, for the main characters, for the relationship between them, for the taste of mystery and the taste of danger, for friendship and love, opposing and conquering otherworldly evil.

We wanted to protect El in the first season, we hoped that she would get her share of affection and warmth, worried about Will, empathized with Joyce, worried about the guys, rejoiced and empathized with their adventures.

And how many fan theories there were about the origin and nature of the reverse side! How many ideas! Fans skimmed through some of the scenes frame by frame, trying to figure out what was hidden from view. How much we looked forward to the third season of Stranger Things! A gorgeous start, a worthy continuation, and now, 1985. A landmark year for 80s fans. How many sources of inspiration, how many options for the development of the plot!
Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today

Hawking

Post by Hawking » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:17 am

Yep. The series is funny. In some places it is not even just funny, but rather a parody. These are no longer graceful references to the culture of the 80s, but a real sitcom. Sometimes it looks good, but it starts to be harshly discordant with the very essence of the film, with what the fans love it for.
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen Hawking.

fabulousfreesia

Post by fabulousfreesia » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:28 am

The movie 'It' based on the book by Stephen King made me watch the series. At first, I assumed that it would be in many ways similar, but the Duffer brothers surprised me in a good way - they shot a truly atmospheric series, spiced with humor, 80s style, references to many cult films and with a fair amount of mystery, horror and tension. No small merit in the success - the company of remarkably selected protagonists. These guys did a great job with their roles. I believed and empathized with them.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Oneia

Post by Oneia » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:39 am

Winona Ryder - ONE LOVE!!!
That is it :D
Dopamine Addicted

Rincewind1

Post by Rincewind1 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:58 am

Oneia wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:39 am Winona Ryder - ONE LOVE!!!
Winona Ryder is a discovery for me. She drags the main line of the drama of the first season, which I did not expect from her at all. There is also the charismatic Hopper, the local police sheriff, who entertains with his antics, but the main stars of the series are children. They are the soul and heart of the show. It is impossible to tear yourself away from how they are friends, grow up, fall in love, argue and fight with a villainous evil evil. At some point, they cease to be just children and turn into professional actors, portraying deep, vibrant, multifaceted characters.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Supergirl

Post by Supergirl » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:05 am

Rincewind1 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:58 am
Oneia wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:39 am Winona Ryder - ONE LOVE!!!
Winona Ryder is a discovery for me. She drags the main line of the drama of the first season, which I did not expect from her at all. There is also the charismatic Hopper, the local police sheriff, who entertains with his antics, but the main stars of the series are children. They are the soul and heart of the show. It is impossible to tear yourself away from how they are friends, grow up, fall in love, argue and fight with a villainous evil evil. At some point, they cease to be just children and turn into professional actors, portraying deep, vibrant, multifaceted characters.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The acting is unremarkable and quickly gets boring, which is quite obvious, not because of the lack of talent, but rather because of the setting of the plot: these are typical assholes, and here we have typical good guys. Although Winona Ryder's epilepsy cannot be ignored. The way she showed the viewer the emotions of her heroine, a chaotic single mother, not only did not allow her to empathize or admire her unshakable will, but literally caused physical pain when watching :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Dangerous

Post by Dangerous » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:06 am

Are you kidding me? Its the best TV series ever!!! :!:
No matter what a woman looks like, if she's confident, she's sexy.