Battlestar Galactica

Vanity Fair

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Vanity Fair » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:42 am

Hehehe, I played the first two episodes of BSG for my woman, and after the comments like "phi, what's this, some StarTrek" (she doesn't like the SF convention) after watching the full two episodes, it started asking like, "Whoa, is she a Cylinder? Come on! Tell me! She or the other one? Or maybe both? I know! This one is real, and the other one is a Cyber! And what is it like, it happens at different time intervals? Because there are two of them and there were also a few blondes " : mrgreen:

Of course, I never even reveal a grain of the plot (which pisses her off so much). I envy her that she can start and get to know the series "from scratch"
All is vanity, nothing is fair

Perv

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Perv » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:37 am

I'm slowly finishing watching the first season of BSG and I have to admit that I took it :) Interestingly guided characters, nice tangled threads, a lot of good ideas. It is much better than I thought.
I am beginning to be grateful to you for this thread, because both my wife and I were attracted by the ladies "Ready for anything". If anyone else remembers the first season of this series, the plot with the stolen "garden" toilet is perfect
It's so good being bad

Sylfil

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Sylfil » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:10 am

Babylon 5, the series is already a bit old, to be judged only after watching the entire 5 seasons because it is a unique work among SF series because it was planned, written and thought out by J. M. Straczynski as a whole. Watching individual episodes will tell us nothing about the whole plot.
The series in the fantasy world already has such an established position among fans that nothing can hurt it.
If we are talking about the abyss, it is probably only because of the special effects, because those in Babylon are already a bit old. I value both almost equally
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Eredin

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Eredin » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:05 am

I don't know where you read in my statement that I watched only a few - selective episodes: roll: And when I say the gap, I mean everything from effects to acting (please ... the B5 cast is the third league ...) music, directing, ending with fiction.
Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today

Kaikki

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Kaikki » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:42 am

I support this opinion. I haven't watched the whole BSG yet, but since B5 nothing SF has hooked me so much (although Star Squadron was very good - kill me, I don't remember the original title)
B5 is a classic and a great classic, and if someone watches the first season in full, they will definitely soak in and swallow the whole thing. The effects are poor, because it is old, but great for the scenario.
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Murin

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Murin » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:31 am

And the BSG is broadcast again in Poland. This time, AXN Sci Fi has started with the issue. So if nothing else, just watch the premieres on dvd
Would you like me to put you out of your misery, before I put you out of your misery?

Alfa

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Alfa » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:42 am

It is as I expected, i.e. the cabbage from FilmWeb was wrong !! I assume that he knows less than the manager from TIM ...: mrgreen:

The situation is as follows:
1. For sure there will be a NEW version of "Battlestar Galactica":!::!::!:

2. Most likely with a teacher (and with a teacher, probably with subtitles)

3. There are many indications that work on the preparation of the first season will be delayed due to technical reasons. They should get the release in this / by the end of the year.

The lady I spoke to was very surprised when I informed her that there are many people waiting for the Polish edition of "BSG" ...
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.

Anansi

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Anansi » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:10 am

Stone from the heart. I can wait even until Christmas :)
Don't they know what they are spending? They could check thematic forums. Perhaps they could gain some insight from the Polish audience thanks to this. Hm ............................. After a long reflection, maybe they don't know what they are releasing, looking at what series are in Poland is issued and what is not.
Everybody going to be dead one day, just give them time

Pensmug

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Pensmug » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:04 pm

The soundtrack from BSG season 4 is now available online!
A moment ago I was able to download - a total of 2 CDs of music that gives you shivers, and makes you want to watch this wonderful series from the beginning.
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.

Matsui

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Matsui » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:10 pm

Oh, not the first time when I remember an important matter when you say something ... :-) I like the music in "BSG" very much, and so far I haven't downloaded the soundtracks ...: shock: I'm in the process right now ... On this occasion, memories "woke up" and I reached for the excellent music from: "Predator" (Alan Silvestri !!), Long ago in America "(and other works by Ennio Morricone)," Gladiator "(Hans Zimmer !! ) and "The Last of the Mohicans" (Trevor Jones !! or Clannad ??)

Where did you find the BSG 4 soundtrack? You can't see our cousins ??...;)

In general, the second season of "BSG" is a bit weaker than the first, although it is still a level unattainable for the lion's share of film productions, not only serials. The last two episodes of S2 and the first few episodes of the third are great. They hold in tension (I almost lit the bulb with the touch of a finger) so that it is difficult to break away. Eh, these endings of individual episodes ... They make such a taste that you quickly reach for the next ones to check what's next ... :-)
I have to stop because I will finish quickly and then cry that it's over.
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.