Battlestar Galactica

Pensmug

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Pensmug » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:50 pm

The last episode of Battlestar Galactica in a week's time. It will be a double episode and ... damn, it's hard for me to write something more. It promises to be a star battle (which has been gone for a long time) and a lot of painful partings. I'm already starting to count down the hours, I don't know what I'll do with myself when the show ends.
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.

Woland

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Woland » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:00 pm

Battlestar Galactica is no more; (

And what will I watch now. This series will remain in my memory for many years, if not forever. This is the final end, a good end. Maybe not as "epic" as I expected, more intimate, calm. I would like to continue to participate in this great journey, but on the other hand I feel that this is how everything should be closed. Some threads are forever unsaid, others fully explained.

Devil Baby

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Devil Baby » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:47 pm

Haven't seen it yet, but I have the same feeling. This is probably the first series in years that has engraved in my mind so that everyone in a similar climate will be assessed from the perspective of BSG. On the page they announce The Plan - probably some special episode about the series from the Cylons' point of view. But...
Sell your soul

Leriel

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Leriel » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:49 pm

And now I am watching Battlestar Galactica, the first season;) I saw this series for the first time a year ago, but I only watched the pilot and the first three episodes, and then somehow stopped: P But recently, when I read the opinions full of delight about this series, it came to me such a desire that I had to watch it: P I started watching yesterday - I have free time now, because the end of the school year;) I'm already on the 7th episode ^^
So far I like it - I got involved more than the first time: P Apparently I wasn't ready for sf then. Now I like this genre more and more;)

I'm also watching the third season of 24. I'm somewhere on the fifth episode. It also promises to be very interesting;) But now it will be put aside a bit because of BSG.
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Murin

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Murin » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:07 pm

Anyone watching the original version of Battlestar Galactica (1978) on AXN Sci-Fi? : mrgreen: How do you rate the original?

Btw. When is V emission to start?
Would you like me to put you out of your misery, before I put you out of your misery?

Takwir

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Takwir » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:06 pm

As for V, I have no idea.
And I like to watch the old Battlestar sometimes. Remake is a hundred times better - as far as I am concerned. Old Battlestar Galactica is such a Star Trek just a little weird. But - you have to admit - watching and remembering what year it is, I am still impressed by the good results. But apart from that - the story is black and white.
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Anansi

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Anansi » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:07 pm

I have too many original editions to fear such accusations. :)
Deadwood is worth having on DVD for a picture.

Battlestar Galactica was one of my favorite shows after the pilot and season one. However, I give a rating after seeing the whole work and, unfortunately, with great regret I must say that starting from the second season (the second one will still pass) it is a "downward slope". More and more scenes talking about nothing, no suspenseful plot, the typical force shooting of the rest without any specific ideas.
Of course, the show is still pretty good, but it dropped out of my list of the best.
The spin-off of this series, "Caprica", promises to be quite a crisis work, setting the action in the scenery almost contemporary to us, with the aim of saving the costs of special effects enormously.
As for the crime and police series, I must be honest with the sea of ??plenty on the market for this type of series, I have always considered them something inferior and I am not a fan of them. Encouraged by your opinion, however, "I'm getting ready" to watch season 1 of the series "The Wire".
Everybody going to be dead one day, just give them time

Brerg

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Brerg » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:58 pm

I don't understand this fascination with BG ... after the first episodes I felt sick, I didn't like it at all. Although lately all s-f series have been rejecting me ... Stargate is also lame ...

I watched Dexter's 3 seasons and it is a lot of fun. For me, another gem after House, although I had the best look at the cutthroat. Dexter, on the other hand, is an original character, and the series shows what the others have not shown, i.e. the life of a kitchen murderer, not as the life of a runaway and hiding psychopath. I liked it.

Damages finished the 2nd season some time ago and in fact, weaker and in my opinion it's a lot since the first season.

Anything else you have interesting?
Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain.

Kaikki

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Kaikki » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:02 pm

hmm, what's a mini-series ??? what's going on?
I saw a quite long pilot and then the first episode titled "33"
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Alfa

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Alfa » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:02 am

Probably about the "old" Battlestar :):?: Or about the two-piece remote for the "new" :)

When it comes to "old Battlestar, it's entertainment for the brave. Such a more entertaining Star Trek, or as George RR Martin puts it," Ponderosa on Space. "That explains it all: mrgreen:" old "is for Bonanza lovers. with no regrets :)

As for the so-called miniseries (pilot), you should definitely watch it.
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.