Battlestar Galactica

fabulousfreesia

Battlestar Galactica

Post by fabulousfreesia » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:37 pm

Specifically?
The series may have weaker episodes. You can stick to the finale, but for me it's the best sci-fi series ever :) Right next to the "contemporary" "Doctor Who". And let "Star Trek" hide :)
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Poison Ivy

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Poison Ivy » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:20 pm

The Final Five was just such an overkill for me.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Dangerous

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Dangerous » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:14 pm

It wasn't at all, it fits perfectly from the first episode to the last.
No matter what a woman looks like, if she's confident, she's sexy.

Murin

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Murin » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:28 pm

One fits, the other doesn't. For me, the fourth season of BSG is a painful misunderstanding.
Would you like me to put you out of your misery, before I put you out of your misery?

Anansi

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Anansi » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:46 pm

It fits, a fact, but for me it was already building up the tension by force. There is no easier way to increase the tension than to make potential enemies more or less liked heroes.
Everybody going to be dead one day, just give them time

Sylfil

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Sylfil » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:14 pm

It was just a great move! The only difference is that the final solution is ...
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Pensmug

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Pensmug » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:39 pm

A matter of taste, as you can see. I am terribly irritated by such moves.
I've seen a couple of episodes of "Doctor Who." There seems to be no such play. Even Riversong (River Song? Damn, I don't know how to spell her name) was played out neatly.
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.

Irakhash

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Irakhash » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:04 pm

And for me, not at all. Even though I'm only halfway through, I can already see that the whole season will fail. For me, the weakest moment was New Caprica with its time shift and turning everything upside down. I was really happy when it came back to the convention of flying in space - from here on, the stages are as always stronger and weaker, but it only gets better.
Mortals cannot perceive me with the physical eye whilst in my pure form unless it is of my choosing, for it would result in fatality, which begs the question of why you are an exception.

Triss Merigold

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Triss Merigold » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:11 pm

The final five appears probably in the first season. It is not immediately known what these characters are and what they mean. So from the season 1 finale to the series finale episodes - quite a move to build a mystery and then neatly explain it. There is nothing by force here. From the beginning of the series, it is part of the entire plot.
Did you see "Let's kill Hitler"? It's in season 6. In this episode, the relationship between the Doctor and Doctor River Song was the most poorly explained, especially since their story actually begins with that :) Although they met before. But, if you are still watching the series, this season 6 will give you plenty of answers regarding the identity of Dr. River Song. Moreover, I think even this weakest episode is an introduction to a larger story related to the start of Season 6. Yeh, from trying to grasp the plot of "Doctor Who" it can make your head go awry :)
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.

Takwir

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Takwir » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:31 pm

Don't praise the day before sunset. ;)
Speech by the way, perhaps, after all, in the end, an unlikely "mambo jambo" was made in the final. The ending is so stupid it hurts.
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.