Battlestar Galactica

Pensmug

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Pensmug » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:39 am

The first time you must have been too concerned with the ending :-P My roommate and I weren't, because neither of us, like ASX, buy this ending with abandoning technology / letting go of Centurions, also Mr. Moore immediately caught our eye. Where to go to P. Jackson and his children in WP :-) Damn, on the day of the finals broadcast we sat until 3-4 in the morning to start downloading it immediately after the torrent was released, and here is such a bluff ... Flashbacks that should have appeared much earlier, not in the last episode - so it turned out that it was all for Baltar to say that he can cultivate the land. And this is the collective suicide of 40,000. people ... you mean abandoning technology. No, I'm not buying it. I suppose I understand that after 4 years of constant struggle and closing in metal cans, you can get fed up with everything and everyone, but so that everyone wants to get rid of ... coffee machines? Nooo! : - /
The ending was good (Adam's lonely Roslin's tomb and Baltar's text at the end - epic), but not perfect. As a result, I was a bit bad at seeing Caprica, because it's hard to come to terms with the fact that all this effort and escape were wasted ... Why in vain? Because 150,000 years later it was a completely different society, different culture, different people, nobody knows anything, everything has been forgotten. And breaking the cycle of violence ... yes, because the history of mankind shows that it is possible
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.

Takwir

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Takwir » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:33 am

I saw the first two episodes of Hawthorne and I must admit that I liked them ... but at the moment I am fed up with medical series - especially since I started following Nurse Jackie - on the same subject as Hawthorne, but in a worse scenario ...

As for LotS, I agree with Adam.
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Matsui

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Matsui » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:54 am

What about the one God, he has been reinvented? :-) Something has survived there, but if after those 150,000 For years, anything was known about what happened before, then Hera would not be only Lucy for her contemporaries;) So what about the fact that various mythologies have survived, since no one knows where they originally came from. For the Egyptians, one of the most terrible punishments was to wipe out history (they even tried it with one of the pharaohs, but it didn't work out). After all, this is how the Cylons killed humanity. And why go back in technology by 150,000? years, solution to the soul ehh
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Sylfil

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Sylfil » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:30 pm

Does it mute me or don't I understand? ALL REGION mean what I think mean? : shock:

An impressive release. Tailcoat, so far only Robin of Sherwood has reached the limit of normalcy with the level of additives. And it was released quite a few years ago and the price did not knock you out of despair ...
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Woland

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Woland » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:10 pm

Two hundred dollars? At today's rate, the dollar "stands" at PLN 2.95. Let's round to 3 zlotys. It costs PLN 600 for the entire series, composed (including films) of 4 seasons and a lot of extras. Six hundred divided into 4 gives 150 zlotys for one season. And this one season beats the quality of the Polish editions. As a one-time purchase, it would be painful for the pocket (I'll wait until "13" :)). But even so, the price for the Polish edition would be much more expensive. If TiM fails me, I will not be embarrassed (ALL REGION // kas).

Vataes

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Vataes » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:04 pm

Romulus, you mix fantasy with reality ... Well, the burning of the ships by the conquistadors was to remedy a possible defection / revolt. The idea was to close / destroy the only way of a potential escape for their own people, leave them no choice (as you know, occasion makes ... temptation), force them to push forward in order to complete the task.
The heroes of BSG had a different idea, motives ... Everyone agreed to a certain solution voluntarily, no one put them in a hopeless situation.
Every time you take one path, you must live with the memory of the other: of a life left unchosen.

Poison Ivy

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Poison Ivy » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:18 pm

But after some time, the ammunition probably ran out, the equipment fell into disrepair, because after a few generations, no one remembered how to fix it. "Salvation" consisted in mixing with the natives, which Adam joked, and Gaius was a bit outraged then;) Contemporary humanity is a mixture of people from colonies, Cylon and natives. This is how I see it.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Devil Baby

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Devil Baby » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:28 pm

If the girl from National Geographic is Hera, she did not live long, and what had gnawed at her is of secondary importance. And they had as much on their backs, which was almost nothing. And as ASX rightly pointed out, they split up into lots of smaller groups, which further reduced their chances of survival. Added to this is the prosaic issue of reproduction, for example, how Gaius and Six will have a child, and within a radius of xxx miles no living soul, then what? Meanwhile, they still had a dozen / several dozen operational spacecraft (including a fuel factory) and a whole lot of other equipment that they could safely use to recreate at least basic living conditions from the colony. If they wanted to cut themselves off from what was bad, it was enough to get rid of weapons, ammunition (and Centurions would then be chased away with sticks ...), divide into communes, spread over quite a large area (but not the entire planet) etc., etc. the solution from the series is so ... unreal.
Sell your soul

fabulousfreesia

Battlestar Galactica

Post by fabulousfreesia » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:10 pm

Spell, you are looking ... but can you see? ;)
Blending in with the natives? In what sense? Why, they were at a lower evolutionary stage ... LOL; P
Considering that there were several tens of thousands of survivors. and without a livelihood (at their own request), in a completely new environment, exposed to diseases, without medicines (unless they put them all in handy bags ...), no houses ..., only with what they had On and with them, I do not think that people who are not adapted to such an environment will survive too long. I would bet on their gradual extinction.

Vizier -> You are absolutely right! I agree with your opinion in every way.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Veldrin

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Veldrin » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:16 pm

All because you are so used to technology that you cannot imagine your life without it ... No convenience = death!
And it is the technology at BSG (among others) that is all about!

I am keeping Romek's side
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...