Battlestar Galactica

Poison Ivy

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Poison Ivy » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:19 pm

Ha! And it's strange that you like those New Caprica episodes. I didn't like the 3rd season until Exodus. And then up all the time.

From music to BSG - open credits, new version of All Along The Watchtower, 8 last minutes of season 3 :)

The next episode of Grays Anatomy is about to begin. Probably one of the final 5 seasons. I'm going to do some masochism
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Takwir

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Takwir » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:49 pm

Let's face it - words of praise are welcome, but when a series receives a significant award, its rank increases ... besides, the work of actors and directors of the entire team is appreciated. It is important for a fan;)
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Brerg

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Brerg » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:19 pm

My heavenly odyssey with "Battlestar Galactica" is over. The ending, i.e. the last episode of the fourth season, is the weakest element of the saga. A few solutions, as well as / to / the threads, more or less disappointed me. I got used to the very high level of the series, so I hoped that the finale would not disappoint. Meanwhile, he left a considerable feeling of dissatisfaction / disappointment. Below I wrote why ...

THERE WILL BE SPOILERS !!!

First of all - Cavil was too easy to be fooled ... He had a military advantage and everything, and here neither pear nor parsley, he allowed himself unnecessary risk by coming into direct contact with the enemy without adequate protection - sorry, but a few Centurions guarded it somehow worked out, considering the fact that you could use a lot more ...
Second ... It turns out that if one of the Cylon girls had not killed Chif's wife, both sides, the humans and the Cylons, would have made a deal and parted in peace ... It's strange that no one has done anything to stop him (Chifa, I mean). I don't buy this random solution. Besides, I don't like it.
Thirdly - completely incomprehensible and inconsistent for me is / was the decision to completely give up (send to the sun for destruction) from ships / fleets after reaching Earth, while releasing Centurions on the ship / ships ... LOL
In the first case, it is a completely unnecessary risk of depriving oneself of broadly understood civilization amenities (medical care, apartments, laboratories ... etc. etc.), given the small number of newcomers ... Scary LOL ... Could it be a return to the Stone Age? They had nothing but bags and what they were wearing ... I was reminded of the phrase: "let go of someone with bags" ...;)
In the second case, there is even greater inconsistency and putting future generations at risk - what if the Centurions evolve and one fine day return to destroy mankind as a threat and / or a desire for vengeance? Now that the decision has been made to destroy your own ships and thus expose yourself to ..., it would also be worth "removing" the others with possible / potential enemies of the race, if you stick to that thought. Logic would dictate that.

Cool things:
- discovery of Eva's remains (after 150,000 thousand years) - a great idea to link it !!
- Gaius and Number 6 as gods (I suspected Gaius was more than that ...)
- Kara Thrace ...

END OF SPOILERS !!!

To sum up: "BSG" is an excellent series, the best in its class and one of the best in the history of cinema. Extremely ingenious, multi-threaded and sticking plot, very surprising twists (my jaw almost fell out of the frequent opening of my beak), psychologically deepened characters, very good acting (I do not mention the names, because I would not want to omit someone ...) , the tension that takes the strength of an ox to distract yourself from watching, delicious music and ... maybe someone else will add something ... Oh, Tricia Helfer is captivatingly beautiful !! My ideal of a woman !! :))
Quite unexpectedly, Colonel Saul Tigh has grown into one of my favorite heroes ... His expressions (surprise, horror ...) are brilliant !! (especially since he lost ... you already know what ...).
Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain.

Leriel

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Leriel » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:20 pm

I think Cavill was sure of his advantage - after all, he had Galactica on his fork;)
In the RDM comments on individual episodes, you can learn that a series of events (including killing Cally) led to this point and Tirol did what he did - I would do the same ... I think everyone would do the same.
After such a long journey (five years), the struggle for survival, the decision to destroy the fleet was right and understandable - at least for me.
The fleet was a caravan of refugees, and although - as you put it nicely - it was a convenience, not devoid of luxuries, people cared more about a home, a real home = a planet where they could settle down permanently and start building from NEW to break the cycle - "All this has happened before, and it will happen again ";)
Besides, remember New Caprica
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Vataes

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Vataes » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:21 pm

BSG SPOILERS

1. How could he be sure of his advantage facing people armed to the teeth, with only a pistol and a few helpers at his disposal? ;)
As you can see, it is not profitable to get along with people ... Sooner than later something will happen that will destroy everything ... Cavil understood it perfectly, only this Gaius confused his head ... and the misfortune is ready ... :-P

2. Of course, I understand Tyrol's reaction, but it is strange that no one foresaw it ... Okay, he did revenge, but at what cost ... // writers

It was just the creators' excuse to finish off the last decent Cylon players !! ;)

3. If the decision to destroy the fleet was understandable, it was completely incomprehensible to let the Centurions out ... - you haven't responded to this issue anymore ...;)

Regardless of the actions taken, everything will be repeated anyway ... This is the will of ... gods? :-P

4. So say we all !!
Every time you take one path, you must live with the memory of the other: of a life left unchosen.

Dangerous

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Dangerous » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:25 pm

Galactica crashed into the guts of MotherShip so strategically speaking, Cavil had the advantage
Well, at such a price that thanks to his unexpected reaction (after all, no one suspected that Cally had been murdered) Kara jumped and the fleet found the land;)

It's a matter of honor, guilt and the desire to redeem guilt - after all, man created the Cylons, which is almost his own destruction, so it was necessary to choose a different solution this time.
No matter what a woman looks like, if she's confident, she's sexy.

Irakhash

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Irakhash » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:43 pm

I got the impression that Cavill was fed up with fighting and running at one point too. Especially since he KNEW everything from the beginning. It was easier for him to reflect and the will to break the vicious circle. Until Tirol's reflex. And this one, in turn, was very human. He was carried away by emotions. Nothing unusual, rather - it was typically human.
It's very human too. Feeling guilty and thinking to the very end that you will succeed somehow, you will avoid punishment, you will not give up. Daily :)
Truth? The perversity of this show's ending. What will be it will be :)
Mortals cannot perceive me with the physical eye whilst in my pure form unless it is of my choosing, for it would result in fatality, which begs the question of why you are an exception.

Ciliren

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Ciliren » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:34 pm

Exactly, besides, I think she was counting on understanding (in a way) and hoping that Tyrol, due to what they had in common (in the distant past), would let her go ... or ?!
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it

Devil Baby

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Devil Baby » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:21 pm

I had to hold back from looking at what you write about the end of BSG. I slowed down watching season three because I don't have season four yet. The third, however, is great to watch. It is quite different from the first two. However, we had quite an idyllic there, such a story about overcoming successive opposites, and here the scriptwriters immediately gave it a hard time. The characters have been greatly expanded, their relations have been confused, so they can play with each other. I really liked the boxing episode, great idea.

And I also watch the third season of "Ready for Everything" with my wife, unfortunately weaker, overcomplicated plot with Orson, and others too schematic, duplicated. Well, almost a whore with Susan they did :) Now I'm waiting for the opening of Tom's pizzeria.
Sell your soul

Triss Merigold

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Triss Merigold » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:28 pm

As for the episode you mentioned "Unfinished Business", such a small curiosity - it was originally supposed to be another movie like Razor and on the DVD you can watch its version with all the scenes that have been removed
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.