Vikings

Sylfil

Vikings

Post by Sylfil » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:00 pm

1. Probably he did not gather the entire army, because during the conversation between the king and Roland (or whatever his name was that mustachioed and bearded male) it turned out that the defense of Paris is ready for the eventual defeat of Rollo.

2. Nobody knew what happened to him. And since it is not known, Aslaug played the role of number uno.
Aslaug had Bjorn's full support - and who would have jumped? :-)

3. How were they supposed to find out? Send a ship? So everyone thought peace was there and everything was fine, so why bother with Egbert? Besides, they did not recover from the loss for Paris.
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Kaikki

Vikings

Post by Kaikki » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:43 pm

Why not send? No visits for so many years? Did they not recover from the loss? Have you seen how Kattegat has grown?
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Dangerous

Vikings

Post by Dangerous » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:10 pm

A very, very long and very, very dangerous road ... Send a visit to the ship? And what's next? Would they be risking the lives of the crew just to see what a handful of settlers on British soil are like? The more that, in line with the peace agreement with Egbert, "everything played and sang"? If I were a Viking, I wouldn't see the sense of it. These were not people of a modern kind ... Moreover, the "visitors" would have to come back for a very, very distant ...
No matter what a woman looks like, if she's confident, she's sexy.

Leriel

Vikings

Post by Leriel » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:24 am

They want to bring it to those events that are already confirmed historically. Because those now grown sons of Ragnar are a team that will mess up a lot in England. It is the leaders of the so-called Great Gentile Army. While Ragnar in myths is probably a cluster of several characters, his sons are characters confirmed in English chronicles.
Romulus, nothing could have ended with a death between Rollo and Ragnar because the former is the founder of the Normans and the latter is known to die, from season one. According to the applications.
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Onirke

Vikings

Post by Onirke » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:59 am

So I was betting on Ragnar's non-canonical death more than Rollo's. :) And sticking to the version from the legends with Ragnar's death is somehow not very spectacular and not very worthy of the leading character. But we will see.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Poison Ivy

Vikings

Post by Poison Ivy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:59 am

Romek, why would the presentation of the cavity with snakes be used in the first season?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Triss Merigold

Vikings

Post by Triss Merigold » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:36 am

Spellu, you needlessly assume that writers know where // orc is going.
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.

Kaikki

Vikings

Post by Kaikki » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:58 am

I dreamed it might be some form of play, eye-winking, what Americans call teasing - teasing. But with season 4A you can probably stop dreaming or deluding yourself. :)
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Pensmug

Vikings

Post by Pensmug » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:58 am

Probably not the target for such games :) York, because Chekhov's shotgun, biatch
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.

Alfa

Vikings

Post by Alfa » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:10 am

I recently finished reading the first part of Gemmell's "Trilogy", and there the author approached the Trojan War in a very non-canonical way - yet still sticking to the general framework of the conflict. And here is the legend and here the legend (although perhaps it is less of a legend with "Vikings") - but more fun when reading such a peculiar reinterpretation of the Trojan War than when clinging to scraps of a legend in a series about Vikings.
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.