Vikings

Murin

Vikings

Post by Murin » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:10 am

Are you really looking for logic in an entertainment series? This isn't a Viking show on Discovery, it's a series. The kind with the actors and the story not written by Gal Anonym but by some fat American who saw a Viking in a Thorgal comic.
Would you like me to put you out of your misery, before I put you out of your misery?

Matsui

Vikings

Post by Matsui » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:37 am

Not so much logic as some coherent picture. Either we have sailors or high school students on canoes. As Asterix and Obelix in Normandy, it does not cope with either wit or distance, so I stick to such details.
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Takwir

Vikings

Post by Takwir » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:58 pm

Hahahahaha.

Or maybe, Jewgie�, you're right, but you don't know that? : mrgreen:: mrgreen:: mrgreen:

Maybe the Vikings were just plain dumb peasants. They had a lot of strength because they lived in difficult conditions. They were wild, fearless. But they didn't have much sense? : mrgreen: They were lucky with their strength, wildness and impulsiveness. But that's it. :) There is no point in getting excited about a sheep-like nation that won by strength and not by reason :)

I just watched the season three finale. Very nice. Although it was easy to predict that Ragnar would show everyone what to keep. But I was really amused by Rollo, who greeted the grandson of Charles the Great :) after he got a bunch of invectives from the princess :) And the face of this bastard, Floki :)

It's fun to watch. Even if you're right and it's stupid as hell.
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Woland

Vikings

Post by Woland » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:17 pm

And they are shown as cops who rub their asses with pine?
The point is that the series is based on a romantic legend, but it can't do it consistently, because the picture shows that the guys had no right to swim to IKEA, let alone to other countries.

Pensmug

Vikings

Post by Pensmug » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:46 pm

I watched this second season.
It is a series about nice motorcyclists and their internal games. Harleys suit them better than boats. Such a series about modern Vikings would be cheaper, and it would be just as cool.
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.

Gor

Vikings

Post by Gor » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:52 pm

Or not.
I don't like Viking culture - I watch it as a nice fairy tale. And the boys don't fight properly, they don't nudge each other with spears or whatever, that's a convention. But maybe you deservedly criticize, because I don't know if the series aspires to be historical.

I was going to get interested in the Early Middle Ages in Europe, but I lack the available literature and time. Although as far as I know, Rollo, Ragnar's brother, is to be the progenitor of the Norman princes.
There was only gold, and power, and the bodies of women, and steel.

Anansi

Vikings

Post by Anansi » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:57 pm

The start of Season 4 was quite enjoyable. Rollo becomes a more interesting character. Perhaps more interesting than Ragnar. Though this one finally recovered in the first episode. It's good to watch. However, BBC America did "The Last Kingdom" and dethroned the "Vikings". But what am I not to watch "Vikings".

History managed to get their hit and finally they went to their senses and put on the show the day after the American premiere.
Everybody going to be dead one day, just give them time

Poison Ivy

Vikings

Post by Poison Ivy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:39 pm

Season four semi-final could have been better. The more decisive "dispute" between Ragnar and Rollo. In the sense of: to death. :) Because the victory of one of them was obvious.

There has been too little death this season. It's about the main characters. It's a viking show. It doesn't have to be about Ragnar. In season four, this hero was burned out and thrashed from side to side. Mostly aimlessly, because Paris wasn't one.

And I wonder if one of the characters actually died. I feel something popping out of the corner in the second half of the season. Pity.

But the time jump in the second half of the episode was good. I just don't know what good will come of it. Because maybe a lot, but in the fourth season, the writers are weakening cruelly for the time being. Ragnar's sons are now of such an age that they can slowly become equal heroes. Certainly Ivar. Not to mention Bjorn. Well, watching this series does not hurt, so I will continue watching.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Vanity Fair

Vikings

Post by Vanity Fair » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:38 pm

Oh, Ivar learned about crutches! This boy has charisma, the greatest brother, will make a mess even more sharply. But overall 4A is the weakest installment in the series was, a pity.
All is vanity, nothing is fair

Veldrin

Vikings

Post by Veldrin » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:14 pm

I think so too. In general, for me it was very chaotic and unnecessarily stretched. Besides, there is one thing that bothers me.
Did they drag these boats up the river to get between the forts and Paris, or on the other side of the city? Rollo came up the river. Escaping, they had to pass Paris (or just past the forts) and so no problem? Weren't they attacked from two sides? Rollo gathered an entire army in his fleet? No sense.

This jump was a bit too sudden. They run away, and it's all right here. The years have gone by, Ragnar has been gone since defeat and still consider him king? Nobody has gotten into his place? Aslaug had such power?
And for twelve years no one has been interested in what's going on in Wessex?
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...