Mad Men

fabulousfreesia

Mad Men

Post by fabulousfreesia » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:48 pm

How, why? First of all, showing that both adults and children react the same (Sally and her new "grandmother"), and without that there would be no turnaround with Sally (because she wasn't just sleeping).
Still no answer what it really was with Betty.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Alfa

Mad Men

Post by Alfa » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:00 pm

I wonder what consequences the administration of this drug will have to Sally, I read that it is addictive, maybe in this direction? Anyway, I'm sure it will be great, this young actress is perfectly fine in the difficult role she plays.

I have a question, has anyone got hold of what was going on in the scene where the black woman scandalized Peggy in the new episode? They drank, they talked, everything was ok, then Peggy came in with the sheets, looked at the desk and ... well, what did she notice there? In my version (hdtv.xvid-fqm) it is 0:39:54. You can see a green purse in the center, an ashtray, some vase, newspapers ... what caused such acid between them?
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.

Veldrin

Mad Men

Post by Veldrin » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:24 pm

The point was that Peggy hesitated to take her purse (implied: she was afraid she would be robbed).
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...

Poison Ivy

Mad Men

Post by Poison Ivy » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:59 pm

Well, I am also wondering about it. but what Cintrica wrote is holding up. The stereotype of a Negro as a thief was as strong as in Poland of a Gypsy - a thief :)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Anansi

Mad Men

Post by Anansi » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:42 pm

I am posting these opinions in order not to strain myself with the title of late admission. But also because I will not put it better anyway.
Worth reading.

You have to watch :) Although it's a series, as it is nicely phrased, in which nothing is happening. And yet, there are episodes where I sat biting my fingernails and holding my breath. Basically it was like that for the entire 4th season.
Everybody going to be dead one day, just give them time

Pensmug

Mad Men

Post by Pensmug » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:48 pm

The latest episode of MAD MEN put me in a good mood. The screenwriter sold himself to Satan :) Without a doubt. The plot seems simple, so simple that you need an elaboration to present the psychological feature of Peter Campbell :) Frustration of a man who cannot achieve anything more (?). Not completely. Pete Campbell is the guy who owns the corporate future. And the fight with Lane made me aware of it. Although, I do not hide, I bet on Peter, when he took the attitude :) But he lost to Angola. Old school, traditional upbringing in a private English school, where survival probably required Lane's strong fists and a hard mouth :) Nevertheless, Peter was beaten in this episode. From a driving course where he was defeated by a young bream, to dinner when Don gushed testosterone showing intellectuals where they belong in such a trivial way. The end of the episode with the sound of falling drops clearly made it clear. it must be as annoying as it is for Peter to be aware of the passing of time. The background in this case was of little importance
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.

Leriel

Mad Men

Post by Leriel » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:23 am

Season 6 episode 5 still holds a high level. It seems to me that there is no need to repeat that this series has no weak episodes. My memory may be deceiving me, but this one was the most erotic I can remember. Thanks to Peggy. When I remember what level she started in season 1 to become such a woman in season 5 ... Probably innovative, for this series, was the presentation of the episode's plot. Three threads separating and intertwining in the final. Roger Sterling and his "enlightenment" under the influence of LSD experiments - that was strange. Seemingly optimistic, but after such optimism, I had the impression that he would put a revolver in his mouth and pull the trigger. So was Peggy, although it wasn't so drastic here. The path she has traveled and the point at which she has found herself make her more and more interesting. The sixth and seventh final season can be hers. And finally Don - fears / hopes :) that he is changing (has changed) have probably been dispelled. It's still the same Don.
The finale of the Cooper episode was puzzling. I mostly picked it up as a wake-up call for Don, but are you sure? I don't really know what to think about it.
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Eredin

Mad Men

Post by Eredin » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:25 am

Ha! Episode s05e07 - Thought I knew Don already. Here, please, I have to apologize. After the previous episode and the way he treated Megan, I thought differently about him. Especially since I remembered his marriage to Betty: in fact an unhappy, beautiful woman who, torn from her career, glamor life, plunged into the sterility of American Housewife, alien to her nature. And here please, Don appreciating Megan, who in turn finds no support in her father, a left intellectual.
But the real character of the episode was Sally, suddenly collided with the adult world. With her even Peggy inaugurating her "liberated" life with Ginsberg, "on the cat's paw" - paled.
Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today

Ciliren

Mad Men

Post by Ciliren » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:54 am

What an episode it was!
First - Don again. The series once again reminded that it is in fact a story about the end of the world. And Don slowly becomes a dinosaur, doomed, that is, that he will simply be killed. It will burn out. He alienates from new trends that he did not understand in this episode, which he admitted. A clear example of this was the song "The Beatles". And the scene with the elevator rose almost to the symbol of a symbol, when the door opened and only an empty shaft appeared to Don. And a long way down. A fall preview, like in the show's lead? However, doesn't the question of how he reacted to Megan's decision mean that there is still a rescue for him? After all, Betty used to be a model, and that's how they met. But after the wedding, Don took her home and she was locked up in the role of mother and housewife. Which ultimately led to her depression and rebirth, perhaps not what she expected. But after marrying her, maybe Don has made a conclusion and does not want to make the same mistake with Megan?

Second - Peter. His "adventure" made me realize that I must have completely misjudged this character, forgetting that he is a man who wants to be like Don. He wants to be the king of the world ruled by Don. But this world is dying, so even if it manages to "dethrone the king", what will it "rule"?
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it

Dangerous

Mad Men

Post by Dangerous » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:42 am

This time there was no "fireworks". Don took advantage of the advantages of being a partner and creative director. Ginsberg's idea seemed better and fresh than what Don had come up with. So, is it now Don's swan singing that is timidly heard?

In general, the episode somehow so cheerful and without emotions. Maybe except for Betty, because she's uphill after all. The scenes in Don's apartment, her manipulation of Sally and her failure in this field only testify to Megan's craftsmanship. In a duel between women, a man becomes only a prop or a trophy (after all, it's the same after all) :)

An episode of Peter's fantasy - I was fooled
No matter what a woman looks like, if she's confident, she's sexy.