Mad Men

Murin

Mad Men

Post by Murin » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:18 pm

A very interesting episode, a brilliantly ambiguous final scene and the best season in my opinion. But there are a lot of series that I put higher than Mad Mena, just by way of example and limited to multi-season productions: The Shield, The Wire, Six feet under, The Sopranos, Rome, Breaking bad.
Would you like me to put you out of your misery, before I put you out of your misery?

Ciliren

Mad Men

Post by Ciliren » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:19 pm

I was shuffling the English subtitles to "Mad Men" in search of some profile caption. I found one
From season one, Don's conversation with the department store lady (forgot her name and already dumped the file).
Too long for a signature, so post it here. I am plunged into serial delirium after the end of season 5
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it

Perv

Mad Men

Post by Perv » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:19 pm

Saw episode 12 - WOW! : shock: so many great threads were reminded / pulled here that it's hard for me to comprehend. Unhappy Megan, great Sally as usual, Don - who should be happy after getting the Jaguar, but it's the opposite, he is not satisfied with what he has, and Pryce ... I expected that season five would be a chronicle of Roger's fall - and here please , Roger is doing pretty well and Pryce ... well not so good;) brilliant episode. I'm watching the final on Sunday.
It's so good being bad

Sylfil

Mad Men

Post by Sylfil » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:05 pm

How did you like the season 5 finale? For me, the last three minutes have been ecstasy. From the moment we see Don on the set with Megan to the moment he asks Questions - pure magic.
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Leriel

Mad Men

Post by Leriel » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:52 pm

Well put, pure magic. The finale is brilliant, its end is amazing. I have already watched it several times and it is still very impressive. What a mega series this is, I'm not even :-)
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Hawking

Mad Men

Post by Hawking » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:22 pm

I've been watching Mad Men for a long time, for now I'm in the second season. In general, it is worth repeating Romulus' text, which perfectly characterizes the whole:
I would like to add that I am captivated by the compositional nonchalance of the script, by how freely the following threads are told, without any pressure on the sensational plot.
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen Hawking.

Pensmug

Mad Men

Post by Pensmug » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:26 pm

However, I got over it and I'm on the 3rd season. Despite the relative numbness of the action, the series looks great, a very addictive thing. I'm just waiting for a little more time to move on with the fourth.
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.

fabulousfreesia

Mad Men

Post by fabulousfreesia » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:46 pm

I finished season one and am very impressed. It perfectly reflects the realities of the early 1960s in the USA, a brilliant cast, great roles. Me tastes. I'm just starting season two.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Matsui

Mad Men

Post by Matsui » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:32 pm

And so I probably praised it, but I seriously think that each subsequent season is getting better and better. And as a compromise, I agree that "at most" it is not worse :)
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Onirke

Mad Men

Post by Onirke » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:33 pm

It's a good word, but still a lame. This series is washed away from easy definitions and drawers. I hope that it will be a mystery for the next two planned seasons. In fact, after Season 5, any prediction of the final doesn't make much sense. This cannot be predicted.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.