Mad Men

Hawking

Mad Men

Post by Hawking » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:08 am

The second season of MAD MEN has just ended at FoxLife. Over time, I am beginning to appreciate this series and see what American critics see in it. I am looking forward to Season 3 with curiosity. Like a drama series, but with such a dose of tension that it's nice. When you look at all the series that made their debut this season, it's not hard to resist the feeling of their triviality that discourages watching. Based on some sensational - fantastic idea, addicted to the cliffhanger in every episode and even bigger brains in the finale - and yet: trivial, empty as popcorn, with this high-octane series, pampered in every respect.
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen Hawking.

Sylfil

Mad Men

Post by Sylfil » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:07 am

V, FlashForward, and a bunch of the like (including White Collar). Nice, fun to watch - but so trivial it hurts. Either I'm in the "mood" or my taste is changing. But I've been really pushing myself to watch the news lately and dropping them off after a few episodes as a waste of time. Then a MAD MEN appears, which I approached like a dog to a hedgehog. And, despite this, I continued watching, and the farther on, the more it becomes attached to itself.
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Matsui

Mad Men

Post by Matsui » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:33 pm

The third season of MAD MEN is behind me. Let me repeat myself briefly: I needed a replay of the first season to be delighted with this series. And it was worth it. An excellent show, well-played and written, plus fantastic period scenery.

After the Season 3 Final, I am looking forward to Season Four. In fact, none of the new AD 2009 series lasted with me longer than a few episodes. Probably the best ones are the ones we have already seen (previous seasons). In 2010, all hope is therefore in the new HBO productions, the next seasons of MAD MEN, the continuation of HOUSE M.D., the new season 24 and LOST.

I don't know where it comes from: after all, I only watched a drama series, the only flavor of which was that it was set in the 1960s with all the baggage related to the reproduction of that era and attitudes. And yet I watched the third season like magic. And the finale raised my pressure more than the finale of any of the "mass" series.

I wonder when it will come to Poland on dvd. Probably not soon, but I'll be waiting with the money
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Murin

Mad Men

Post by Murin » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:53 pm

This is the first time I am writing about this topic O.o
Recently, I refresh the old stuff and indulge in madness.

In the first case, I am talking about the "X-Archive". Looking at a couple of famous agents immediately reminds me of childhood. Mom telling me to go to sleep instead of looking at bullshit and a red mark in the upper right corner of the TV screen reminding us that the adult screening is about to begin. By the way, curious if any adult then watched this series? After all, it was the time when many interesting things happened in Poland.
After three episodes of the first season, I'm ... curious. It can be said that the first episodes are crawling towards something that will only develop in some time;)

The second series is "Mad Men". One of the best series I have watched recently. The plot from episode to episode is becoming more and more interesting, the characters are strange and smoking to death (why don't they choke after three cigarettes without a filter ?!), women in the style of "I love Lucy" (from time to time she flashes between men's gazes, calculating ekhm ... in a charming skirt) + sixties. Yummy!
Would you like me to put you out of your misery, before I put you out of your misery?

Gor

Mad Men

Post by Gor » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:27 pm

Have you seen season 3 already? Sensational. The atmosphere of fin de sicle slowly begins to feel, and a revolution has really come in Don's life. I wonder if now that he is free he will not become a castrate when it comes to creativity. A guy full of contradictions and at the same time an outstanding representative of a passing era. It is known that this world that he is struggling to survive has to go. And watching it with the knowledge that he has to lose ... Season four will be something.
There was only gold, and power, and the bodies of women, and steel.

Vanity Fair

Mad Men

Post by Vanity Fair » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:38 pm

Hehe, I didn't read into your statement too much because you are probably spoiling a bit;) I'm after 7-8 episodes of the 1st season, so still a lot ahead of me but my friend mentioned that the 3rd season is the best: mrgreen: I see that he is not alone in these courts;)
All is vanity, nothing is fair

Devil Baby

Mad Men

Post by Devil Baby » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:49 pm

MAD MEN - the fourth season started in a good style. It's not even a tad worse. After the first episode, you could say it's even better. It's all because of a twist in the season 3 finale. The future of the new agency, although it has entered the path of development as such, is still uncertain. Don Draper seems, after all, to endure changes the worst and maybe Matthew Weiner this season will somehow "turn" this character in an uninteresting direction, which would be a small revolution.

Joan Holloway - elf, yummy ...

I wonder how many more seasons are planned.

HUMAN TARGET - no changes to the season finale. The finale heralds a shift in a new direction, at least at the beginning. Although I do not know if it would be a disaster to return to the beaten track afterwards: protect another client, etc. This is what interests me. Unless the second season won't be there, because I haven't even checked.

Persons Unknown - The series continues to grow in an interesting way and still goes wild. I think that LOST has left an indelible mark on this format of a series full of secrets, and everyone is doomed to failure. Although here we are dealing with a very decent series, at a good level and with a story that does not freeze in the beaten tracks. But it's probably because the creators realize that they cannot afford a weak episode. I wonder how long they can do it.
Sell your soul

Veldrin

Mad Men

Post by Veldrin » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:56 pm

The third season of MAD MEN again won EMMY for the best show. Fully deserved, in my opinion. After 6 episodes of season four: well, if that goes on, then next year EMMY will be part of the show again.
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...

fabulousfreesia

Mad Men

Post by fabulousfreesia » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:09 pm

I'm already gone. Today or tomorrow I will watch the pilot :)
Ha! I was "stronger". I waited until the end of episode 2. And I gave it up too. However, this is one of those typical series that only become unexpected and surprising when they are threatened with being deleted due to falling viewership. But then it is too late. Pretty ladies - but otherwise a little sleepy. Unless someone likes action for the sake of action.
ABOUT!!! A positive surprise. I didn't know you liked the toilet. I like it too, because it's pleasantly relaxing. Also in the second season. I wonder if the "pairs" will be enough for the scriptwriters for longer.

MAD MEN - Episode 8 of Season 4. OMG !!! For this episode alone, I would award EMMY next year. Masterpiece. Idea with Don's diary. Don and Peggy. Don and Betty. Betty and Joan (elevator scene !!!). The seventh episode was also brilliant. What a show !!!

RUBICON - Episode 8. A lot has become clear. I was a bit shocked. But also a lot of mysteries to be solved. It keeps you in suspense with its restraint, calmly conducted, consistent plot and realism.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Brerg

Mad Men

Post by Brerg » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:50 pm

THE EVENT - the second episode was great. The creators do not throw the viewers scraps, but bites. Although some threads seem clear to me at first glance. As with this plane: it's easy to guess who directed it at the president, right? A theme as old as the world (conspiracy). But it's okay so far. Very good.

MAD MEN - hmmm .... That 10th episode was strange. It's going to be a storm. First Lucky Strike, then N.A.A., Lane's vacation. It will be happening. After the brilliant 8th episode, I was expecting some unexpected turn towards psychological "breakaways", and here a serious crash is prepared. And I still consider this series to be AWESOME.

I still haven't watched BOARDWALK EMPIRE :( I don't have time. And HBO keeps me in suspense about the Polish premiere date.
Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain.