Mad Men

Vataes

Mad Men

Post by Vataes » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:34 pm

You probably envy me that I am watching for the first time and there is so much good ahead of me // spell
Every time you take one path, you must live with the memory of the other: of a life left unchosen.

Kaikki

Mad Men

Post by Kaikki » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:31 pm

No, because this series is not a whore of its own script and you can easily return to scenes already watched without the risk of depleting the content.
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Gor

Mad Men

Post by Gor » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:30 pm

I only agree with Romulus that each subsequent MM season has been better than the previous one so far.
There was only gold, and power, and the bodies of women, and steel.

Triss Merigold

Mad Men

Post by Triss Merigold » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:19 pm

This series makes me want to smoke.
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.

Brerg

Mad Men

Post by Brerg » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:23 am

The third season is behind me. The last two episodes disarmed me. Or is it just me that I know that Don deserved what happened to his marriage ... but I regret the bastard, and I feel aversion to his wife?

All the time I am very impressed with the setting, attention to detail and historical flavors.
Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain.

Veldrin

Mad Men

Post by Veldrin » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:27 am

I have already "absolved" Don. It is a very "demoralizing" series, because these "family values" do not suit Don. His downside is that he pretends to care or tries to make him care.
The fourth season is ahead of you and there are two great episodes. With the suitcase ad and Don's diary. They blew me away.
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...

Woland

Mad Men

Post by Woland » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:11 am

The Don is stuck in the trap of convention. After all, he is a guest from the lowlands who has struck his way to a better world. Work *, Betty **, children, home are his American dream come true.

* Don's obsession with independence. The smith of my own fate, I do what I want and when I want.
** domestic hen that can turn into a really hot chick (even a section in Rome)

These are all the elements of the image, the blocks from which he put together a new, better life. The grief and anger after losing Betty weren't fake ... but the interesting thing is, did he actually regret losing her or his own ego, the image of the guy who has it all? I do not know. In my opinion, this is one of the best-written characters in the series. I know he's a bastard ... but I like him a lot.

Eredin

Mad Men

Post by Eredin » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:45 am

Well, he just reached the American Dream, but rather it brought him luck only in the short term. Or maybe, while working in advertising, he realized that American Dream is a slogan.

On the other hand, or maybe the same, Don Draper is the guy who still orders Old Fashioned at the bar (Season 5 Finale, Season 3 I think he's making this drink for Conrad Hilton).

In the first season, when she talks to the cute daughter of a department store owner:
Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today

Vanity Fair

Mad Men

Post by Vanity Fair » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:51 am

Well, I can see a certain clash (and no, it's not a flaw of the scenario, it's a ... human clash). He doesn't seem to care about tomorrow, but where does this relief come from when his secret finally comes out? He's a bit like Betty, he doesn't really know what he wants. Of course, with the difference that although at the moment everyone is sure that he is a guy who will do something if he decides to do something ... but you can clearly see moments like "I'll fuck everyone and run away again, I'll start again".

And with Betty it is so much funny that she pissed me off with her decision ... although in truth most of the guilty is Don :)
Oh, the awl comes out of the // spell bag
All is vanity, nothing is fair

Poison Ivy

Mad Men

Post by Poison Ivy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:15 am

The fourth season is behind me. Somehow I preferred Mrs. Dr.;)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.