Mad Men

Dangerous

Mad Men

Post by Dangerous » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:10 pm

I saw. I liked it on average. And recently my favorite gay couple visited me. They were drooling (as I expected) for half the evening, when I played them the last episodes recorded on the decoder: mrgreen: They will be downloading from the beginning, because: these traces, sweat on sweaty men's bodies, meat, and blood ... :)

MAD MEN. And after the season 4 finale. To sum up: the best of the seasons so far. I can bet that the next Emmy Awards will win this series without any problem. And deservedly so. Because it's a masterpiece. Everything this season was better than the previous ones. The plot - a new agency, new clients, problems. Relationships between the heroes - a masterpiece: Don and Peggy, Don and Betty, Peggy and Joan, finally Don and Megan - here the biggest surprise, but at the end I was cheering for such an ending. Though, as Fay summed it up, it might still not be all that rosy. Not surprisingly, given the character of Don. Though, on the other hand, his California confession seems to portend some desire for a change as well. Especially since the entire season of Don was rising from the ashes (showing this in itself deserves a separate delight - especially after episode 8). Betty, on the other hand, falls into resentment - the inevitable. But Peggy and Joan - their conversation in the final after news from Don - almost an archetype of female plotting :) A common, female front in the world of dominant males - promises to be delicious.

MAD MEN is another series on the "must have" list. And, as expected, somehow it is not visible on the horizon of publishing announcements.
No matter what a woman looks like, if she's confident, she's sexy.

Takwir

Mad Men

Post by Takwir » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:45 pm

I think that "Mad Men" cannot count on satisfactory sales in Poland, so distributors prefer to leave it alone and focus on series that indulge more down-to-earth, unrefined tastes. I'm afraid that will be the same with "Rubicon".
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Onirke

Mad Men

Post by Onirke » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:30 pm

Normally, I will probably start watching this MM o_O

and by the way, I regularly look at:
House - no revelation
Merlin - it's sometimes better, sometimes worse, but it's nice
Big Bang Theory - �wieeeetneeee
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Leriel

Mad Men

Post by Leriel » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:11 pm

MAD MEN - I fell in love at first sight. And I'm addicted. It gets better with each season, but at the beginning it is difficult to get into it, although - in my case - it is the fault of expectations. I was counting on something different, more dynamic. And here's a surprise: the action is very slow, the slow building of relations between the characters, the psychology of the characters. And styling for the 60's - in every detail, perfectly. In the fourth season, the championship was achieved in terms of relations between the heroes. Don Draper (John Hamm is stunning in the role) is so complicated and so simple at the same time, the perfect man for his era.
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Triss Merigold

Mad Men

Post by Triss Merigold » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:47 pm

If "Mad Men" eats, why should "Rubicon" belch for it? ;) To make matters worse, "Rubicon" didn't even get a chance to spread his wings. I hope that it will not only end with nominations, but will also win some prestigious awards, which may wake someone up ...

If "Mad Men" were to get a cancel, would you be so gentle, understanding and protective of AMC? :-P

Tan: arrow: I do not predict any revelations, I mean I doubt that you will like "MM". Of course I would like to be wrong. ;)
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.

Kaikki

Mad Men

Post by Kaikki » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:08 am

MAD MEN has been mowing the most important prizes for 3 seasons and is appreciated by critics and viewers. And RUBICON had poor viewership. What would you choose? A series that does not promise success, or one that brings the station not only artistic but also commercial success, and has become a classic? Television, however, is an enterprise and must bring measurable profit. And MAD MEN costs money, but is also worth the money. He will probably repeat his success at the next Golden Globe and Emma awards. Because season 4 is outstanding.
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Eredin

Mad Men

Post by Eredin » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:27 am

The Shield - I watched 7 seasons in 8 days and that's probably a sufficient opinion. I couldn't tear myself away even though I got bedsores by watching for 10 hours a day. A truly extraordinary series, I like when the main characters are not only Good or Bad. It is different in The Shield and this is probably the biggest plus next to the script and acting.

Mad Men - (review after 1x01) I defended as much as possible against this series, reading the plot descriptions and seeing some fragments or photos, I found that it was a boring, not revealing, well-known "work". I accidentally watched the first episode on Fox and I liked it, there are no chases or medical puzzles and yet it is interesting. The visual side is at the level of a high-budget film with holi�ud and this is really impressive. There will be time after the session and I'll watch it all. Maybe even on DVD if something like that was released.
Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today

Woland

Mad Men

Post by Woland » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:21 am

"Mad Men" styling crushes the eyes. And the story - when you get into it (and don't expect only fountains) is perfect. And this series is getting better every season. Even after the first, he was proclaimed a masterpiece and started mowing EMMY and Golden Globes.

Jon Hamm, January Jones, Christina Hendricks (and her breasts are beautifully wrapped :)), John Slattery ... The actors are perfect. I bit into this series reluctantly. But it finally grabbed and held.

Anansi

Mad Men

Post by Anansi » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:43 am

In my opinion, it is exactly the opposite. B&S had more intrigue and more suspense than GoA. In the sequel, only the last two episodes had the kind of drama that had been seen in the main series much earlier. The endings of both series are pretty good, but stronger in B&S.

P.S. Romulus, which episode of Mad Men can you watch him from? I finished fourth and only now I'm starting to get a bit interested. I don't know if I want to keep trying?
Everybody going to be dead one day, just give them time

Ciliren

Mad Men

Post by Ciliren » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:55 am

You know what, I don't think I'm an authority figure. Because when I first started watching it, I gave it up somewhere after the 3rd episode. It was only when a year after the American premiere that the series came to Poland, casually, I began to watch lying in front of the TV. But I got so hooked that I'm addicted to this show today. When I hear this opening sequence, my heart beats with joy, and when I see these frames ... :) It was love at second sight. I don't know what you expect from this show. If fast action, spectacular intrigues, connections, etc. - then do not watch. Because that's not it. I don't even know how to recommend it, because it's not easy to classify. I love it for its atmosphere, for the story, how it is told and how it is played. I am extremely passionate about the fate of Don Draper, his wife and associates. And in the fourth season, it's already full of ecstasy. Perfect, psychological, stylish. But if you can't get excited that Don has a new lover, that a new Lucky Strike campaign is being prepared ... I don't know ... You can watch to see how American morals have changed. Like Alpha Male America, sexual harassment (if patting the secretary's butt could be called that then - it was normal), smoking on the screen, dislike, intolerance towards homosexuals, emancipation, civil rights - is slowly falling apart, changing with it, and with it must change change heroes to survive, this series will interest you. Not everyone will succeed, for many it is too late and they can only watch the world we knew dies. All of this is presented in gorgeous decorations, with scenarios that are masterful and actors who are perfect.
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it