Walking Death

Irakhash

Walking Death

Post by Irakhash » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:50 am

I do not agree with it, exceptionally, you can see that this series is already doomed to success. For example, pages with subtitles are almost blocked by thousands of people coming every minute to check if there are any subtitles for the second episode, madness. :)

I'm after the second episode. There aren't as many cool scenes as there are in the remote control, but the series keeps the level. Too bad it's only 43 minutes.
Mortals cannot perceive me with the physical eye whilst in my pure form unless it is of my choosing, for it would result in fatality, which begs the question of why you are an exception.

Matsui

Walking Death

Post by Matsui » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:54 am

FOX Polska decided to redeem itself for the shortened version of THE WALKING DEAD. Tomorrow at 10.30 p.m. the first episode will be broadcast again, with no cuts and no commercial breaks.
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Gor

Walking Death

Post by Gor » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:18 pm

"28 Days Later" I watched and I liked it very much.

As for your assessment of THE WALKING DEAD, I completely disagree. I did not expect the atmosphere of horror - because it is really difficult for me to be moved by any terror in the cinema. And even more so in the series. TWD tells a story without epic panache. Kind of like the first season of TRUE BLOOD, but without the "coolness" of the series. It's gloomy, but - despite the storyline - quite realistic. Leaky scenario? And did THE SOPRANOS or ROME have perfectly matched scripts? I doubt it. Dazzling macabre? There is no dazzling macabre at all! Zombies are, in their own way, amusing - when they stay close at hand, at least. Pay attention to the scenes with them - there is no cheesy glamor like: a zombie suddenly jumps out from behind a bush and everyone is scarred in their pants. Here - if a man stands face to face with one zombie and has a bar with him, at least - he will always win. Only the group becomes dangerous, which surrounds the victim with a slow walk. But when a few of them go without circling them, anyone can argue. And what a bigger dude can "put them down" by himself.

As for the script - as I wrote, it tells a story and is devoid of pulling rabbits out of a hat. Pay attention to the first episode, when the hero crawls under the tank and zombies follow him. Has the solution to his "problem" been pulled like a rabbit out of a hat? Absolutely not. I can't pinpoint any holes in the script to agree with you.

I was not ready for horror. The only disappointment is a certain ... hmmm ... down-to-earthness. I mean, the show doesn't have the panache. It is very quest-oriented, without any leading theme like: why it happened as it happened. For now, it does not bother me, because I am counting on the development of the plot. And the first season only has 6 episodes.

It is possible to predict the development of some threads: Merle will probably cause problems when he breaks free (he will take revenge), etc., the meeting of the hero with his wife and child will probably be a bit disturbing, etc. But, for now, this predictability does not bother me. Because everything is consistently conducted.

I wonder how it will end in this short first season ...
There was only gold, and power, and the bodies of women, and steel.

Triss Merigold

Walking Death

Post by Triss Merigold » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:00 pm

The history of movie zombies did not begin after 2000. The best titles are slightly older ones. The classic is the G. Romero trilogy: "Night Of The Living Dead" from 1968, "Dawn of the Dead" from 1978 and "Day of the Dead" from 1985, and of the later titles of the championship is a remake of "Night Of The Living Dead" from 1990 by Tom Savini. Also the 2004 remake of Zack Snyder's 2004 "Dawn of the Dead" is pretty good. The rest is washings.

As for the series, after a very good pilot, the action slowed down a bit, but still everything indicates that it will be one of the best zombie productions in the history of cinema. I'm looking forward to the remaining 3 episodes.
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.

Woland

Walking Death

Post by Woland » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:22 pm

Romulus Augustus: arrow: You wanted embarrassing examples of "holes" in "Walking Dead" you have ... poverty, one could turn a blind eye to it (as if nothing could be done about it), the number in the form of sawing off his hand by the chained LOL to power ... The door was secured with a thick chain and as you could see the walkers could not move to get to it, so he had time to use the saw in a more meaningful way. And even if not, it was enough to repel ... your thumb and remove the handcuffs ... Why would you "sacrifice" your whole hand at once? : badgrin:

The hero can barely stand on his feet after he has already risen from the hospital bed (first episode). It was enough for Negr to dress his wound and, after sleeping through the night, he waved the stick very efficiently, although he happened to be placed in such a place that, in fact, he should still be lying down, and not "clean up". Negro probably had a magic gift in his hands. ;)

Walkers are known to be nearby, and campers should be careful. Meanwhile, the mother tells the kid to go alone, because he has to talk to a "pusher friend" ... Somehow I do not really see concern for the only branch here. As we well know, sometimes a moment of inattention is enough ... A surprising lack of imagination ...;)

Why these gun problems, sir? There was an army, there are shops ... And the heroes complain about the shortages ... The same applies to food and clothes (women wash rags in a stream or stream). Of course, they cannot go anywhere else ... although they do have cars.

The heroes tear up ... the corpse to smear itself with its "lenses" - it was obviously not macabre ... Or other scenes of violence shown up close, with reverence ... And you say that there is no macabre ... :-P

AdamB: arrow: And how many zombie series are there? Exactly ... "Fish and Crayfish". ;)
In any case, "Walking Dead", although a lot of money was pumped into it, gives way to "Dead Set" in every respect.

Vataes

Walking Death

Post by Vataes » Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:25 pm

I partially agree. But you also forget about emotions. A man under stress (and Merle was under stress as hell, and besides, the sun burned his bald head a bit) is not acting rationally.
But, it seems to me, the quarry was within the boundaries of the camp, that is, you couldn't enter it unless you walked in front of the guard.
1. First, we don't know what happened while the hero was asleep. Maybe there were riots (in fact, obvious) etc. Note that in the tank all the hero found was a grenade.

2. Food - civilization has collapsed, so the food has gone bad because of problems with electricity / refrigeration / durability.

3. Driving the laundry, we don't know where. And that would only be safe?
I blame this on my insensitivity caused by the dullness caused by watching various ointments of poor, generally, horror movies, where blood and guts were flying around. So, such scenes personally don't touch me at all. I would have gotten some meat while watching this scene (and I wouldn't even frown), if it hadn't been for the late hour of the show :)
Every time you take one path, you must live with the memory of the other: of a life left unchosen.

Brerg

Walking Death

Post by Brerg » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:18 pm

Regarding the handcuff situation:
The guy in panic, knowing that the door stormed by the army of corpses may fall downstairs, he has nothing to do but think about how to free the bum who has just released his handcuffs from his handcuffs. He takes his legs by the belt, of course, normal.
However, as for sawing with a ball, try to cut through hardened steel and you will see what it looks like. As for the thumb, it's possible, but I haven't tried. :)
In general, I do not see anything illogical in this situation.

As for the mother-child situation, it is enough to turn on tvn24 and you can not find such situations in real life. Maybe the situation was illogical but realistic.

As for weapons, laundry, etc., maybe these things are only cut off in the city by an army of walkers.

There is no point in looking for illogicality by force, let's enjoy this dish because it is not bad.
Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain.

Irakhash

Walking Death

Post by Irakhash » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:30 pm

1. But he made the rationality to apply pressure to the wound with a belt ... So your theory doesn't apply. :-P

2. As you can see in the fourth episode, the campers were suddenly totally surprised ... Amazing ... A camp relatively close to a town full of hungry "living" corpses, and yet no bastard came up with the idea of putting at least one individual on guard ...: badgrin :

3. Do you know what is canned food? They have a long shelf life and if they are closed they do not need to be kept in cool conditions ... :-P

4. Why should Wacka go to the laundry? I meant something else ... There is no shortage of clothes stores ... If they went out to get Merle and weapons, why can't it be done for food (e.g. canned goods) and clothes?
Mortals cannot perceive me with the physical eye whilst in my pure form unless it is of my choosing, for it would result in fatality, which begs the question of why you are an exception.

Murin

Walking Death

Post by Murin » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:05 pm

I just prove that a man under stress does not have to act rationally. And one with the other is not mutually exclusive. How many times have I done something stupid, but just because I did it doesn't mean that I have to do stupid things afterwards. It just "glare" came too late.

And notice - Brother Merl commented on cutting off his hand, saying that the saw was probably too blunt to cut steel
But you forget under what circumstances it happened. It was supper, they lost their vigilance and no one was guarding the camp - anyway, in the dark they would have to have night vision goggles. But those too might not help the dead.

Two - you have to remember that they are not military, nor any organized formation. They are ordinary people, they make mistakes. Moreover, there is not one leader there. There is a friend of the main character who somehow tries to lead. But not everyone likes it.
But you keep forgetting how little we know about this new reality. In this episode, the heroes encountered a Latino gang, which turned out to be not quite what it seemed. They also lived in the city. And for them, a gun bag left on the street is also a real treat. And they did not belong to the lame, the commoners, but to the tough street boys. It's not like, then, that it is enough to drop by a grocer and pick up food and the nearest Guns And Ammo for an arsenal.

Sorry to be late in reply. I just watch the latest episode on Saturday, when it premieres in Poland.
Would you like me to put you out of your misery, before I put you out of your misery?

Alfa

Walking Death

Post by Alfa » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:45 pm

One question ... Will the series "THE WALKING DEAD" be on Fox live or unfortunately on HBO which I don't have?
However, in December, the premiere on TVN (I was surprised) ... "The vampire Diaries" which I would love to see
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.