Walking Death

Poison Ivy

Walking Death

Post by Poison Ivy » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:01 am

"The Walking Dead" - first episode cleared. The beginning was successful / promising. The main actor is persuasive. Efficiency in production without the slightest complaint - what's more, it is impressive ... It is not / will not be a faithful adaptation and very good, because thanks to this, the creators have more room to show off. Two scenes deserve special attention: when one of the characters aims a rifle with a telescope at ... and the situation where the main game comes back to finish .... Strong and suggestive. In fact, it is, next to "Boardwalk Empire", the best series premiere of this season. :-)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Vataes

Walking Death

Post by Vataes » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:03 am

I'm waiting, I'm waiting. They have already turned on the signal to Fox Polska and I will have the opportunity to watch the premiere episode in the evening. I forgive myself the internet. Since The Walking Dead is available in Poland 6 days after its American premiere, I will lay down on the couch, open the brewery and watch.
Every time you take one path, you must live with the memory of the other: of a life left unchosen.

Brerg

Walking Death

Post by Brerg » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:04 am

The first episode of THE WALKING DEAD - complete satisfaction. I was expecting something like this. Without unnecessary dazzling with the harmonious motives of zombies, which do not scare you at all. Though, towards the end, when the hero reached Atlanta, my blood pressure surged. Theme with a tank - front. I watched with great pleasure.

By the way, it is impossible to mention the debut of the Fox station - it started with a great schedule, in which THE WALKING DEAD is the brightest star. For now, only in HD format, but after the new year in the normal version. On the program: The Simpsons (from season 6), Family Guy, Sons of Anarchy, Defying Gravity, Life on Mars. For the most part, these are series that I knew only rudely or - like SOA - I didn't have time to get to know each other. I will have it now. Today, this station hit the top three of my favorite stations.
Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain.

Veldrin

Walking Death

Post by Veldrin » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:44 am

I watched the first episode of THE WALKING DEAD a few days ago using the Internet. Since it was possible to watch the series with a delay of several days from FOX on N-ce, in HD quality and with a voiceover, I thought that I would take advantage of it. Imagine my surprise when I noticed significant shortcuts in the accidentally triggered scene. The entire "talking with the horse" scene was cut out. I don't know how much else was cut and for what reasons. Thank you to the FOX station. Unfortunately, I do not allow any "intermediaries" to interfere between the author of the work and the viewer. The internet remains again ....
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...

Kaikki

Walking Death

Post by Kaikki » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:51 am

there. The internet is overrated when it comes to watching series. Unless you download.
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

fabulousfreesia

Walking Death

Post by fabulousfreesia » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:17 am

It goes without saying which option is the best ... :-P And watching movies using the Internet is a hopeless idea, mainly due to the relatively poor image quality.

AdamB -> Lektor sux! Haven't learned it yet? Even the stubborn ASX got it a long time ago ... :-P

When it comes to this year's series premieres / debuts, 2010 was very / exceptionally poor. Actually, apart from the above-mentioned titles, there was nothing on which to "hang your eyes" without feeling disappointed.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Woland

Walking Death

Post by Woland » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:22 am

In this particular case (THE WALKING DEAD on FOX TV) it's not about a bad voiceover translation, but something much worse: cutting out a large scene. I have not checked at least one or more of them.

And as for the Internet, I tried to write diplomatically, but it's hard: of course, the best method is to download the material to a disk, burn it to a CD or pendrive, and then use a cheap player, e.g. Bellwood, Korr, to watch it on a 50-inch plasma. :-P
Very good quality, I assure you.

Takwir

Walking Death

Post by Takwir » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:56 am

But I only referred to the teacher, because you also mentioned him ...;)

However, when it comes to cutting the scene - another of many arguments in favor of downloading from the Web. There are no such problems here, you have everything right away and in very good quality, as long as you know where and what to look for.
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Devil Baby

Walking Death

Post by Devil Baby » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:10 am

It changes the situation a bit, I will give FOX a chance. :) Thanks for the info.
But by the way, shortening the first episode across Europe by 23 minutes is a really stupid idea.
Sell your soul

Onirke

Walking Death

Post by Onirke » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:42 am

After all, these are the viewership results of only the first episode ... Success will be achieved if the audience is kept at a satisfactory level, so it's too early to get excited.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.