Walking Death

Kaikki

Walking Death

Post by Kaikki » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:37 am

The second episode is also great. At least a certain inconsistency offended me. First, Rick tells the youngster that you have to be careful, not trust, check, etc. And then they do a party and don't put up guards? Unless Daryl and Carol gave the bodies.

On the other hand - they got supplies, they gained a temporary roof over their heads, they ate it and let their guard down a bit. So one of the heroes should probably be written off.

It's a pity they'll be messing around with these "homies" now. It will probably end with another slaughterhouse. Or maybe they will arrange it in the season's semi-finals so that they can go on a mission to Washington? I like the idea of ??this mission. The first and second seasons were survival. In the third, looking for a peaceful haven in order to try to rebuild the world on a micro scale. In the fourth, illusions shattered and the fight had to be fought again, in addition to being distracted and without any clear purpose. It is now a mission with a macro target would be advisable. Plus side plots, such as the aforementioned "homies" and the search for a blonde girl. And I already counted that they would stick together and the series would not fall apart. Maybe this is due to the fact that it would not be possible to keep the threads for all characters in one storyline. Because everyone would have to somehow be different from the rest, have their own five minutes? I guess it's a stretch, because the break-up of the group: the main one with a mission to Washington and a side one with a mission to look for a blonde, is uneven. There are only two people in the second group. Poor for a split. So maybe they'll make a short quest out of it?
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Takwir

Walking Death

Post by Takwir » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:52 am

I'm the only one watching the latest season?
Episode 5x03 was brilliant. Full of tension, dark and brutal. And he still managed to keep the main characters as positive characters. Although it was probably "easy", because it was shown through the contrast: others are even worse. But it was convincing and not clich�d as has already happened on this show. The fifth season is developing sensational. But the fourth was also like that and then it was different. The ending of the episode announces (indirectly) the fourth episode as a parallel plot to what happened in the third. And it was very intriguing. So I'm looking forward to Monday and what Daryl and Carol found out. And then the fifth episode, which I hope will bring back together is the sudden separation of threads.
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Poison Ivy

Walking Death

Post by Poison Ivy » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:05 am

1. Oh no. :-P

2. I would not praise it like that - I suggest keeping the term "excellent" for much better productions, such as "The Shield" or "Deadwood". :-P

Undoubtedly, 5x03 was the best episode of "The Walking Dead" in the whole history of the series so far (of course, next to the memorable episode with two girls, writing by the way), especially for the scene of stepping on full hens ... in "hannibala". ;) It was beautiful.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Onirke

Walking Death

Post by Onirke » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:07 am

I agree with Romulus. And this is probably also the effect of not farting with threads, but only pounding two solutions. It is fast and sharp. Uncompromisingly. Even that refreshes the show.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Triss Merigold

Walking Death

Post by Triss Merigold » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:55 am

Ha! But I don't like the fact that the show has already broken up into three threads. Although two of them will probably meet in the end, the third one with the trip to Washington is the weakest. But its advantage is that it explained a lot and the goal I set out for further zombie-America wandering is no longer valid. So what will happen next? That is the question :)
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.

Devil Baby

Walking Death

Post by Devil Baby » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:04 pm

The fifth season semi-final was quite nice. He has completed all threads from this part of the season. And they all coincided with each other. I did not like the design of this part and it is what sets my opinion about it down. But, ultimately, the other half can add some dynamism to the plot. Though I don't know how all the characters will fit if the narrative emphasizes their path. These few scenes that announce the second half point to the journey itself. Overall, however, "The Walking Dead" is the best post-apocalyptic series right now. Honestly speaking, these zombies have been making only a background for some time. Unless a larger group gathers them, which with its mass is able to influence the fate of the heroes. I don't miss killing zombies. I like the fact that other people are the heroes' greatest enemy. And discovering the world - e.g. by presenting other groups of heroes, not necessarily bad ones, who also cope somehow and sometimes only have conflicting interests. Even those in Terminus, thanks to flashbacks, weren't too bad in a flat, one-dimensional sense. Showing them in the past gave some insight into the reasons why their fate took place differently than "ours".

I wonder what's next. Especially since the Washington case is already settled.

After the end credits, there is one more scene in which the hero known from the first and second (third?) Parts returns. I don't get excited about it, as in foreign reviews. I don't know comics, so I don't know what role he has yet to play. It doesn't look like it yet.
Sell your soul

Sylfil

Walking Death

Post by Sylfil » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:55 pm

I was a bit irritated by the fact that the Walking Dead Facebook profile released a spoiler just a day after the episode was broadcast and some (such as the undersigned), who did not have time on the first day, could as a surprise ruin a significant moment in the series itself.

Overall, it makes me a bit sick that all this doesn't seem to be going anywhere anymore. But only a little. I'm more concerned about the slow evolution of the heroes, the stagnation. As a matter of fact, I'm worried about the situation of five heroes, the rest of them, well, I'd be fine. Nothing new happens, we meet over and over again individuals (or groups) to which it is not worth getting attached, because firstly the scriptwriters will kill them (because you need someone, apart from the larger, more significant characters), and secondly, no one else does not get an interesting background. Recently they have tried to humanize Abraham, but for me it is writing a kind of elegy just to justify this and not another (very forced) life drama.

I described it a bit chaotically, but the series has not held me by the throat for a long time and I hold it a bit against him.
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Vanity Fair

Walking Death

Post by Vanity Fair » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:23 pm

He never held me by the throat. But he had moments of greatness :)
However, I agree with you that the heroes' lack of purpose is not good for the viewer. I've read that Kirkman regrets showing too much (with Atlanta) in season one and he's right. Washington in the previous and this season smelled a bit, but I thought that maybe something can come out of this idea sticking together. But after dealing with this idea in such a way, it will be a real challenge for the creators. Because these little men can't keep wandering and wandering around. I don't like the survival character of this series from the beginning, if they don't have a goal - greater than surviving. It's been a long time since the apocalypse. The heroes have outlived their lives. They had time to adapt. It would be nice if they looked for something permanently. That's why I liked the prison and - I have the impression - more could be squeezed out of it. Maybe the second part of season five will bring some twist.

But it's nice to watch, without delight, but also without irritation or yawning. So for me they can continue for a while.
All is vanity, nothing is fair

Matsui

Walking Death

Post by Matsui » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:30 pm

But this is what life is like after the apocalypse - all that's left is to wander and keep looking for a quiet place. I don't expect an epic ending, rather they will drag on until she gets bored. The comics keep coming out, there are many interesting stories to tell.
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Eredin

Walking Death

Post by Eredin » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:20 pm

In the latest episode, the series rose to a high level. Again. The first part of the season started not very interesting. Pulling the Terminus plot, and a parallel plot with Beth. It already bored me a bit. However, in the second half of the season, especially when Alexandria's thread appeared - oh, very, very good. To the latest episode. When the heroes had to collide almost literally with an idyll that showed them how much they changed. And that it may be too late to return to normal. The last scene with Rick talking to Darryl on the porch - honey. An entirely new perspective showing that there is no return to normal. That the heroes are bent, they have changed for good. You want to wait for the next episode again.
Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today