House MD

Hawking

House MD

Post by Hawking » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:52 am

Okay, to the point. I watched the first three episodes of House, and from what I can see, I already have a vision of what it looks like in its entirety, maybe wrong. So I would like to share my insights. First of all, I must admit that "House M.D." is a very good series. Intelligent, extraordinary, original, well-played. Even if everything takes place against one scheme (the patient is dramatically ill, doctors diagnose, treat, the diagnosis turns out to be wrong, the patient faints picturesquely, brainstorms and House gets a flash of genius, reveals great truth with his ironic charm and everyone is happy), he can it is sucked in and gives real pleasure. Only in small portions. Really, I can understand the main character's excitement because he's a very well-made character. Ironic, sarcastic, cynical, intelligent, he doesn't give a shit - he has all the qualities that most of his fans never had and will never have. I am absolutely for it - but in small doses. House would be a great supporting character, someone who doesn't show up every five minutes. Here he is exposed in the foreground, every five minutes you can see his ironic comments, sharp retorts, malicious remarks and it torments. It's really tiring, because even though I laughed at a few remarks, too much of them actually makes their bluntness shallow. But that's my opinion, according to Gand I'm trying to look like an intellectual and so on (and by the way - fuck you again, Gand), but for me it's a bit overplayed. Therefore, I will probably continue my adventure with House, but in reasonable doses - one episode a week should perfectly cheer me up and provide entertainment. Ot.
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen Hawking.

Ciliren

House MD

Post by Ciliren » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:51 am

The very last sentence is the crux of the "problem". This series, like many others, is broadcast just once a week. If any other sensational series was broadcast more often, he would also quickly overeat (and there would be no room for anything else in the scheduling and the station would quickly lose viewers). That's why you are right - once a week is enough. But this is nothing new and certainly - innovative (I am not accusing you - just for the record - that you wanted to write "something new"). I am all the more impatiently awaiting the next episode of HOUSE M.D., as well as BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (I haven't started watching the second season of Damages yet - I'm waiting for the whole thing to feast myself) - because it is intensified by, among other things, the weekly intervals between the episodes. This is how this business works: hitting is an integral part of it :)
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it

Vataes

House MD

Post by Vataes » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:56 am

As for once a week: TVP 2 has just recently canceled 2 episodes, one after another, a week. . .

From what I've heard, the further the series is shot, the more rude House becomes.
I like it, today's case of mass hysteria ...
Every time you take one path, you must live with the memory of the other: of a life left unchosen.

Dangerous

House MD

Post by Dangerous » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:52 am

Nonsense. I watched House at one time (when the third season was probably overseas, and the first episodes were on TVP2), even a few episodes a day (I think it was more than 5). That show was delicious back then. The newest views of House are not that good anymore and in fact, once a week you can watch a joint (maybe two), but if the series is really well-groomed, you can watch a dozen / -ty episodes a week. The problem appears when you have seen everything;) ... I have it now with How I Met Your Mother (It'll be legen-wait for it ... -dary!).

As for one more point ... The character of Greg H. must be brought to the fore, he must often throw these disarming slogans, cynical comments. Without it, this show wouldn't be one of my favorites, it wouldn't be House M.D.
No matter what a woman looks like, if she's confident, she's sexy.

Triss Merigold

House MD

Post by Triss Merigold » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:35 am

She gave up, but probably came back again;) Because today there were two episodes ^^

And as for watching several episodes of House at once - I used to watch him 3-4 episodes a day and I was not bored at all
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.

Woland

House MD

Post by Woland » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:00 am

I just watched, but according to the program there should be one ...
See how it turns out in a week ...

And on Sunday, on Polsat, the 3rd season of Bones, in the USA it seems it is only 4th, if I'm not mistaken? It would mean that Bones, CSI MIAMI and Ready for Everything are the most "up-to-date" series on pool television ...

fabulousfreesia

House MD

Post by fabulousfreesia » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:05 am

But you don't want to insist that TVP or Fox were broadcasting HOUSE M.D. several episodes at once? Because I won't believe you :) Unless they were reruns during the "dead" part of the season. In general, premiere episodes are broadcast once a week. Like any other primetime series (not soap operas).
In Poland, TVP broadcasts a maximum of two episodes at the same time. AXN broadcast it every day, but this is a different type of television - thematic, profiled for broadcasting only series (usually - because there are also movie features).

So the fact that you watched the downloaded (probably) episodes several at the same time is not a reliable assessment here
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Alfa

House MD

Post by Alfa » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:49 am

Well, somehow I didn't succeed in expressing myself precisely. Rather, it was such a loose point that you can watch House often and not get bored. I did not mean that they play it more than once a week (although TVP does play;)). And it was not an analysis of the TV viewership potential of this series ...

In summary, you can watch House even with a few episodes downloaded from the Internet a day. ;) Precisely because it is sensational.
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.

Matsui

House MD

Post by Matsui » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:21 pm

I stand on the side of House enthusiasts and I will never say in my life that it is a series that may get bored;) Maybe my view is related to the fact that I have not (so far) tried to download all seasons from the Internet, Therefore, watching it once a week on TV I do not feel satiated - on the contrary, I feel unsatisfied after each episode:] Because Dr. House is extraordinary, intelligent, and also ultra-cynical and direct, which makes him a person belonging to my favorite type of human character 8)
I've only seen the first episode (Saturday, HBO) and I'm disappointed - my friend-geek told me about it in superlatives, so I was expecting something more brilliant ... but I'm not ready for miracles.
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Perv

House MD

Post by Perv » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:53 pm

Yes, because that's exactly what I said, and I'm on the side of House's die-hard enemies who spit venom at the mere sight of him.
Well, I agree that it is, I even wrote it myself, but so what? I do not deny that it is a great character, but in the long run it is simply tiring, very one-dimensional - in every House scene it HAS TO throw a sharp comment, ironic retort, it MUST be a megahipersupercool for people to get excited about him, which means that after two or three in the episodes, the feeling of freshness is lost and a kind of routine follows, at least for me. It is a character that is simply "fooled", so in one episode I can watch it and it will make me laugh, in two or more in a row - it starts to tire. And it makes me wonder that they are all big fans of the type of character Doc represents, but when they meet him in real life, somehow they are not so thrilled. Would you like to work with such House?
It's so good being bad