House MD

Murin

House MD

Post by Murin » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:47 pm

And this is probably or has been on TVN Siedem recently. Somehow it didn't budge. Try HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER. Sitcom is back in my favor :)
Would you like me to put you out of your misery, before I put you out of your misery?

Takwir

House MD

Post by Takwir » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:08 pm

Today I watched 2 episodes of "Dr. House" on TVP2. I am more and more convinced of the series. Comedy accents - very nice, ideas too.
The version with a voiceover is much better to watch than on a computer with subtitles.
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Sylfil

House MD

Post by Sylfil » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:05 pm

For me it is the other way around when it comes to subtitles. I have my first season on dvd. To be honest, once again, also with this series, I find out how nasty sometimes original translations can be. A voice-over, like a voice-over - by definition it is supposed to jam. But the translation could be better. Non-original subtitles should be the unrivaled role model for all translating series for original releases (there is still some dispute as to whether they are legal or not). Quite simply, qualitatively, apart from typos and spelling mistakes (who doesn't ...), these inscriptions are beating your head.

Those who translate subtitles for serials in non-original versions do not make the viewer a fool who will not grasp irony, will not understand the strictly American joke, so you have to leave with a stale Polish joke about Janek zterech Pancernych instead (in one episode FRIENDS on the original dvd is such a "flower").

I'm not saying everyone would get the joke, they don't even have to. But when I see something like this in the original subtitles of the series - I feel hellish and I feel like someone is making an idiot out of me. Is this the result of some downward averaging on the part of the translators, the distributor's expectations? For what?

Preferably all the subtitles for the series (also for the first season of HOUSE M.D.) that I have in the original, I would replace with pirate subtitles (uh ..., non-original). I do not mention the teachers, because there is a separate thread for that ...
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Devil Baby

House MD

Post by Devil Baby » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:18 pm

Romulus: arrow: Great news !! :-)
I recently watched two episodes of "Dr. House" on TV. Seems to be the third season (I'm very much up to date - so far I've only seen the first two from the first series downloaded from the web). They kept me in suspense and it was really fun to watch.
A great figure of the main character. : mrgreen:

I wonder if any of the distributors will be interested in releasing "Damages" on DVD.
I feel like it.

Liv & Black: arrow: This medal, ie the question of voiceover or subtitles, has two sides.
Of course, I agree that the actor's voice, intonation ... are very important, but when I read the text from the bottom of the screen, I lose the characters for a moment. It's a bit of a pain on a laptop, especially when they talk a lot in the movie. Ideally, the Polish version should include both. Then everyone can choose what suits them. It is a pity that in some cases we are deprived of it.
Dubbing is a tragedy, bottom, seaweed ... etc. Etc.

We have already talked about "Surgeons" in this thread, but ... How do you rate the script? Is it a fairly realistic series?
Sell your soul

Kaikki

House MD

Post by Kaikki » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:05 pm

Have you seen the first season yet? What a script !!! And Glenn Close (masterpiece) and Rose Byrne (honey nine). I will buy it as soon as it shows up in Poland. The second season has already started, but I think I'll wait for the whole thing with the USA - not to get addicted too much, because then I go to sleep at inhuman times. And this is how the whole second season will come and it will be a feast, not "chewing" :)
As for realism, I will not say anything. Or differently: I prefer ER :) As for the rest, my psyche is distorted. Dr. House changed my perspective on medical series. Since HOUSE M.D. - Surgeons are Emo-Surgeons to me. If a patient does not die - then they have problems with themselves. And when some patient dies, these problems intensify and the classic for this series is vivisection of feelings in this pattern: "maybe you suffer, but I suffer more boooooo; I died a deer and I could not even save him so how can you say that you suffer more because your father has died? " And so on.

As for TRUE BLOOD or PURE BLOOD, I don't know. I didn't like him, but I'm in a bind because of the Golden Globe for Ana Paquin. Maybe I'll watch it, since it starts in Poland and I'll change my mind. At NYT BOOKS, I found out that the Charlaine Harris novels on which the series was based do well on the bestseller lists. Liv seems to have a warmer attitude towards this series. Or not.
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Pensmug

House MD

Post by Pensmug » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:20 pm

Futurama ended in probably the 4th season, but the entire team started working hard on full-length films. Three are out (Bender's big score, Beast with billion backs and Bender's game, just nice), the fourth seems to be out. In Futurama, Matt Groening could have gone crazy, because The Simpsons is a family series after all, a lot of things didn't get through corporate censorship; here we have a roller coaster ride and the humor is nevertheless addressed to a more mature (and more educated: Mrgreen :) audience.

And House broke my allergic aversion to the so-called medical series, most often sloppy quarters, about doctors sainter than Teresa's mother, digestible only in small doses and rarely. In addition, High Laurie has been God to me since the times of the Black Viper, and here he showed the fullness of his talent. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh.
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.

Onirke

House MD

Post by Onirke » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:04 pm

I think there is more and more fantasy in "Dr. House"? ;)
Surgery is underway, and House makes a sudden ride in a wheelchair to fumble a patient's insides. : badgrin:

Another episode. Another operation. They open the abdomen and the patient sees everything they do to her ... They didn't even put her to sleep. In a second, House pulls out the tapeworm ...: badgrin:

Sorry, but my suspension of disbelief staunchly protests against such "magic" tricks. ;)
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Poison Ivy

House MD

Post by Poison Ivy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:15 pm

He got off the cart and lost a parking spot (which he won anyway because he appealed to Cuddy's guilt) XD
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Brerg

House MD

Post by Brerg » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:27 am

Oh really? :-P The fact that she felt no pain does not entitle the patient to be able to see her belly cut. LOL
It's not the Middle Ages. If you wrote it for real - you are raving about the smashed dubs and you are blaspheming your mind.
Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain.

Anansi

House MD

Post by Anansi » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:15 am

Exactly - it's just a series. Not a TV textbook of medical knowledge. The patients - adhering to the main character's "philosophy" - are only a background in this series that ceases to be boring only when the disease they develop is an interesting case. In this yesterday's episode there was probably an explanation why the girl could not go under anesthesia ... But to be honest I don't care :) I'm not a doctor so I can't verify it anyway. So: just relax and watch ...

I'm down because I'm "grounded" with my series. I don't have time to watch them this week. But the upside is that I just have a pile of "delights" this way and today Friday so maybe I can catch up.
Everybody going to be dead one day, just give them time