Lost

Onirke

Lost

Post by Onirke » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:35 am

There may be many ghost-beings, but at a time, only one can play a direct game with MiB (and by the way, gains power with the island's powers - e.g. healing; the possibility of giving 'gifts', leaving the island (although here is the alleged spirit of Charlie also showed itself outside of it), etc.), while the rest can only manifest to some pawns ...

On the occasion of the ghosts 'falsehood, another thing that led me was Miles' abilities. It can be assumed that his gift is also of island origin, and as Miles himself noted some time ago - contact with the dead is "not like that".
Miles can read the echoes of the dead's last thoughts, while Hurley finds all that vision surprisingly easy (though he has never known it before), and he is not the only one who has seen ghosts on the island in this way.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Devil Baby

Lost

Post by Devil Baby » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:49 am

We didn't learn much new ...
The first reality explains a few things that were already known (though it doesn't necessarily explain why). But the action and the choices of the heroes are interesting.
For now, however, the alternative reality is following a fairly predictable path, and it will probably continue to do so for at least one or two episodes.
Sell your soul

Anansi

Lost

Post by Anansi » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:30 pm

Yes, we found out - there is still hope for Sayid, because for me it is certain that he did not shoot Desmond. So you can break out of the embrace of the devil, which is Jacob's opponent. Claire also changed the pole. This is interesting, because she was under his influence the longest. And while it was possible even earlier to doubt whether Jacob's opponent was actually angry, but in despair and desperation, not now. He couldn't even get rid of Desmond himself. He had to make efforts.

The conflict on the Jack-Sawyer line, on the other hand, became unbearable for me and completely incomprehensible. Just like the behavior of Kate, who, in fact, throughout the sixth season and a large part of the fifth season, is just a decoration-disturbance. Her choices are devoid of any logic. Same as Jack's election. Hugo is in charge anyway. I wonder why he must have caused a split in the group. Now he is closer to Ben and Richard - they know more, they can do more. And they are determined to fix everything while the rest continue to play ... the lost.
Everybody going to be dead one day, just give them time

Vataes

Lost

Post by Vataes » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:55 pm

to say that this episode is brilliant would be a mockery of him, a lot of Lost episodes are brilliant. This one is ... I have no words.

Halfway through I was sitting with my eyes on the screen and just mumbling, "oh oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh.

And this scene of Locke's conversation with Jack at the end of ... MAGIC LORD, this is MAGIC! So brilliant that sparks flew from the monitor: mrgreen:

I can't ... And somebody tell me there's a better series. No way. There is no competition. And there will be nothing: mrgreen:

my rating is 1000000/10, say: million out of ten.
Every time you take one path, you must live with the memory of the other: of a life left unchosen.

Gor

Lost

Post by Gor » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:28 pm

Yes, but was it something we didn't expect? Probably not allowed. Just as he wasn't allowed to kill Jacob himself.

Meanwhile, episode 14: [SPOILERS?]

Well! Finally they began to die. But my old theory that everyone will finally get lost except for one of the candidates may come true. (And it definitely won't be Jack, because he wants to be chosen so badly - sooner Desmond, whether his name was on the wall or not).

I had a lot of fun when Kate tried to reach for the cage keys with the dead guard's arm within easy reach. She could attract him.

During the scene where Lock attacked the people guarding the plane, they didn't even bother to make any holes in his clothes. Even if his clothes are just as durable as the rest of his body (what, only that dagger can pierce him and Jacob?), The scene would look much better if you could see it tearing. Yes, it feels like they missed.

Another thing - the submarine attack scene. I understand Sawyer wanted to get rid of Locke and leave him at the end of the group, but proposing such a plan to a being of such powers that could take over that boat on its own without anyone's help (and why all the shooting?) Was just ridiculous - just as ridiculous , like getting Sun into the assault team, on the (hypothetical) front. The ambush itself (and it was clearly an ambush) also a bit late. How could they even let them get close to the boat? Later, during the shooting, one of Widmore's men ran under Lock's barrel ... I understand what they wanted to show (Lock turned for a moment), but they didn't work out. Besides, the very idea of ??running up to Lock is an eminently bad idea. One defect after the other.

Heh. As soon as Jack said to trust him it wasn't going to happen, I was sure the bomb would go off.
There was only gold, and power, and the bodies of women, and steel.

Vanity Fair

Lost

Post by Vanity Fair » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:45 pm

Ha! I also
This episode pushed the ground out from under the feet again. Because what was Locke trying to achieve? Kill the candidates - all of them? Because the conclusion from this episode came to my mind that for him it was just another stage in the Game. Eliminate the opponent's pieces and move on to the next part of the Game. But what is it about?
All is vanity, nothing is fair

Veldrin

Lost

Post by Veldrin » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:43 pm

We know from earlier episodes that Locke cannot kill candidates himself - and here Jack was right in saying that most likely Locke wants to force them to kill each other (of course, planting a bomb is quite controversial "ownership" so it could have worked anyway). Of course, Locke told Jack he could kill them at any time to make him do what he wanted.

What would he gain from killing them? It's probably simple - killing the candidates will rule out a lot of problems that Locke currently has (i.e., for example, dragging them all with him, if he really needs everyone still alive to leave the island). By eliminating them, he could focus on himself and on leaving the island.
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...

Irakhash

Lost

Post by Irakhash » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:52 pm

IMO the bomb would not have exploded if Sawyer had not pulled the cables, thus it was he and not the MIB that "caused" it to explode.

By eliminating all the candidates - and let's not forget the candidates for what: to replace Jacob - there would be no person to imprison him on the island. Well then, we're getting out and there will be nothing;)

Season 1 is really interesting to watch now. I also do a repeat, I'm in the 5th season, I'm waiting for the rest to systematically repeat it right before The End.

Although I have to say that during the second screening, the 1st season seems quite funny to me - the secrets that were then bothering now are a bit funny (ie "oh, but they do mystery around these Others, and it is known that ... etc): D, unfortunately but that's how it is, since the main magic of the series is based on secrets. Season 5 has strengthened as my favorite;)

although this chill is missing: we play golf, tennis, Sawyer has a headache because he needs glasses etc ... now they just kill each other and discover these secrets
Mortals cannot perceive me with the physical eye whilst in my pure form unless it is of my choosing, for it would result in fatality, which begs the question of why you are an exception.

Woland

Lost

Post by Woland » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:18 pm

At the end of the day (or actually the night - the birds outside the window started to sing) I watched two more episodes of the first season ...
(I know that I should have enough time to watch to get to the finals)

Yes, some things seem funny, weird now.
This whole killing just to catch Claire, for instance, is a bit of a stretch right now (that ruthlessness).

But some things take a little deeper meaning ... maybe.
Considering the essence of whispers and ghosts - they could either be real ghosts, and they are in some kind of underworld. Or, as I suggested earlier, other beings (possibly additional players) who take the form of dead people - at least when they want to appear to someone.

What am I going to? For example, Sawyer's fight with a boar, which I completely forgot about. Either the spirit of Frank (shot by Sawyer) could exert a little revenge (which at first sight would seem stupid, bizarre, stretchy), or e.g. these 'beings' (knowing James's story) controlled the wild (in whispers you could hear commands like' turn around 'etc.) and amused themselves at its expense.

One more thing caught my attention.
During the Albert Flashback episode, I didn't like (and still don't like it, because I can't put it into any valid theory) how Albert's wife showed up on the ship after she crashed on the island. Yes, it could have been a MiB trick, but she was corporeal - there was blood, etc. How do you explain it?

Now watching the first season, I saw Locke strapping Boon again, after which he was delusing Shannon dying at the hands of MiB. Before I associated this episode with Albert's flashback, I began to wonder how many narcotic visions Locke apparently wanted to evoke, and how many (maybe-maybe-) MiB's machinations were there.

First of all, what would MiB achieve by inducing such visions, or by creating the bodies of people that others knew and killing them in front of those other eyes. (It should also be mentioned the difference between the two events - Albert's wife was dead, but her body was not supposed to be on the island; Shannon was physically on the island, but still quite alive.) Perhaps he was testing their minds to see if they fit his machinations or what ...
Of course, Boon's vision could only be narcotic, and Albert's vision was initiated by MiB.

I'm not sure what to think about it, and I'm afraid it won't be clarified anymore.

Leriel

Lost

Post by Leriel » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:29 pm

You are probably looking for problems where there are none;) as for me, Boon's visions were 100% as a result of drugs given to him by Locke, I did not see any MIB machinations then and I do not see now. But Isabela was MIB, I'm just as sure. This was to give Richard hope that he still had a chance to get her back, he just had to kill the "devil". Earlier, the MIB scanned Richard for smoke, saw what he cared about, then hung it on a stick and ordered him to chase it.

MIB's corporeality also seems logical to me, it can be "bloody": D - like Isabela (I don't remember that she was bleeding there or anything, but I don't have Ab Aeterno at hand now so I have to trust you), it can be "untouchable" - like in the scene with Widmore's shooters or with Sayid and Dogen's dagger. In Locke's form, he is consistently shown as someone "untouchable", and what was before ... who knows. I don't see any error here.

Anyway, let's wait until Wednesday with such a discussion, then a lot of our doubts can be cleared up;)

Edit: that's right! which offended me the most during the second screening. Others in seasons 1-3 were shown ambivalently, but rather as "the bad guys", running, terrorizing, kidnapping etc., then it turns out normal people, Juliet the scientist, Dogen banker, Richard yy ... slave: mrgreen: etc, then after all these are people from Jacob - the good one, so helooou? I have this thought: what if 1 day after the catastrophe they went to the survivors, they just said how the situation is, that the Candidates, etc., that it is dangerous in the jungle, after all, at first the castaways were not yet harmonious, they did not know each other, and how would they? glad that they are not alone on the island! Only that you would have to hide Galaga and the communication station, because probably some (most) would bluff all the talk about the Candidates and want to fly away. But it's all doable. Same as all the embarrassment with Claire, if they explained her that pregnant women are dying on the island, that they want to help her, I think they would get a warmer reception than after sending the murdering Ethan: D

... but where would there be mystery, a feeling of danger, etc. in the series then?
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.