Lost

Triss Merigold

Lost

Post by Triss Merigold » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:13 am

About the above exchange of posts about explaining the secrets of the island. Well!

There are rumors around the village that the 15th episode will be about Jacob and MIB - "Across the Sea" will be one big flashback, will explain many mysteries that bother us: the frozen wheel, candidates, MIB's mother and / or Jacob, Adam and Eve, rules, where they both came from on the island, etc. Since the episode about Richard was so fond of me, I'm afraid to think what I will be going through before that.

Because no. We won't find out everything in the final. Because 2 episodes earlier, we'll find out most of them: Mrgreen: at least it looks like it. Additionally, looking at the script ratings of the upcoming episodes, it's the (even) better half of the season coming: they are all rated around 9/10, with the exception of Episode 11 (Desmond) and Episode 13 (Jack). And the last one before the (invaluable yet) finale is alarmingly poor: 7.8 / 10 ... means good, but the end of this series is not to leave any dissatisfaction :-) and these ratings usually translate into reality, the lowest rated of this season was episode 3 - about Kate (terrible boredom), and at most (of those who
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.

Murin

Lost

Post by Murin » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:03 am

Not the worst. On the other hand, you can see the flaws again.
I have a hard time believing Lock would have let Widmore's group approach him like this (they are watching him through night vision). But maybe I'm picking on here.
Second, I was amused by those Widmore mini sound shields. The stands were arranged in such a way that it would be enough to approach the next ones, grab the protruding leg and turn over, and the balls on Lock are rather unimpressive ...: roll:

Coming back to earlier episodes, another flaw, or rather forced moment of the plot, is Sawyer so unnaturally, very interested in a closed room in a submarine (WOW closed room!), Which then of course had to report to NieLock and thus he sent Sayid for an interview. .. eh.
----

Hmm ... it also looks like NieLock can't (or never could?) Kill Jacob's candidates. He gave Sun the same choice as the people of the temple, but he didn't do anything to her and he would have to convince her to leave the island.

Anyone have any idea of ??a sage saying that "war is coming to this island"?
Is it just a ploy of the creators towards geeks - let them tire of looking for a reference, and we made it up. : badgrin:

This whole Zoe seems suspicious to me ... maybe she's going to betray Widmore?

Earlier on the island, Martin irritated me a bit, but now IMO is a great fit for the role of the dirty guy. Until I would not like to meet him;)

=====================================

Episode 11
Pretty good.
Desmond - first his consciousness travels in time and now between realities and in time. But driving ... It was not without drawbacks, however.

The death of that guy in the generator was so predictable it hurt.

Flashes of other (than Desmond) people interesting. The end of the series is slowly becoming clear to me, which, however, on the other hand, I would not want.
First of all, since the beginning of the season, everyone has been staring at the mirrors for a long time.
Now these glimpses of the previous reality ...
I have a general impression of the Matrix ^^
Now Desmond's gonna get the whole crew together ... and what? What are they going to do? Is it all aimed at making their reality somehow different and the end of the series will be the very beginning - the fall of the plane onto the island? I hope whatever happens it doesn't end like this ... because what's the finale? Interesting, but without a specific solution.

Perhaps some visions of the heroes from the first seasons (which are not necessarily explainable with MiB or Jacob) can be explained with glimpses of this reality ... it would be nice if the creators were so predictable;) (who knows, maybe in 50 years someone will make a remake;) and then there will be such flavors).

Hmm .. Elosie seems to know a lot about his 'alternative' reality ... and Charles seems unaware of what is happening. I wonder how they will explain it all.

And Penny not surprised Desmond knew her name? 0_o

Only six episodes left. I hope it will be just thick from now on.
Would you like me to put you out of your misery, before I put you out of your misery?

Kaikki

Lost

Post by Kaikki » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:16 am

I think this could be a story about the possibilities of traveling in time and a puzzle "go back in time and kill your grandfather - what will happen?". There are probably two separate realities, one with the world without an island, the other with an island. Both intertwine, the former is sort of artificial, you have flashes of the "real" world (mirrors, deja vu, Jack's scar after an appendix).
But as I wrote all the considerations, damn it - Episode 11 was great for me anyway, I've always loved the Desmond episodes.
Where's the ending ...
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Brerg

Lost

Post by Brerg » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:44 am

Anyone have any idea of a sage saying that "war is coming to this island"?

Charles Widmore to John Locke; The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham. And since we can assume that MIB has Locke's memories (don't tell me what I can and can't do!), MIB quoted Widmore himself from Widmore. �wirek: D

With this closed room, the fact stings a bit.

Eloise takes on the role of "temporal policeman" again. Cool.

The episode with Des let me down a bit; it's nice that there is something going on about flash-sideways, but as I said, I don't care about them, so: mrgreen: it's bad, because I was hoping that the episode would delight me like the others. And now comes the episode with the fat man, and then he is said to have Jack again (and this episode is considered to be weak), so I expected that Des would give me the strength to survive the next 2;) but if I am wrong and they will be good.
Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain.

Ciliren

Lost

Post by Ciliren » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:59 am

or actually Ilana broke off: D I'm what episode, oleeee, brilliant. The first - Ilana's death - so stupid, pointless, totally owned - I was left with a face: About this and the second - this ending !! As? Why? I you!

MIB as Locke hurt Des in the OT, so Des hit Locke in the FST. I wonder if any of them survived. I think that this fall did not do much to Des, I doubt that they would cut his story in such a way. Locke in the FST ... that's another matter. I hope he survives.

Brilliant episode. I didn't expect an episode about Hurley to be so good.
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it

Hawking

Lost

Post by Hawking » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:28 am

I don't know ... on the one hand, I even liked it, but on the other ...
Ilana ... right after she said she had been trained all her life to protect candidates, she slammed the dynamite bag against the ground. : shock:: -? ...: - /
Stretched.

Desmond suddenly in the role of an 'angel' who leads people to an alternate reality (the moment he looked at Hurley and Libby, put his glasses up to his eyes and walked away smiling - just like those endings of old episodes about people (and not only) repairing other people's problems ...).

(Also this (alternate reality) he wanted to show Lock in a rather unusual way, I suppose - but I think that despite what happened in the first reality, Desmon greatly exaggerated: - / (I wonder if (apart from the memories of the island) Lock will regain feeling in legs, after this accident)).

I also don't think Desmond is over yet.

Besides, I have the weird feeling that the 'ghosts' are fake. Although I have conflicting feelings.
On the one hand, they often seem real, maybe helpful, but on the other hand, they sometimes seem to lead people astray. Since Micheal's 'ghost' could not be Locke, and the spirit of this Richard's wife could not be MiB or Jacob's ghost (in the sense that she was attacked after the ship's arrival on the island, her subsequent ghost could have been something else) .... maybe 'ghosts' are some other beings that somehow participate / influence the Game. Even some can be on the side of MiB, others on the side of Jacob, others in turn - neutral or even chaotic;). (because, for example, how else to explain Lock's vision from a few seasons ago, where he saw Walt, who at that time was probably safe a long time ago, outside the island - alive).

Going even further: Maybe these creatures are more players. After Ben killed Jacob, a boy appeared telling MiB "you know you can't kill him" - so it couldn't be Jacob himself. Now, we can see that the boy is growing up fast. Maybe this is another 'ghost' after Jacob that forms a body and the game continues ... But while the new 'Jacob' doesn't have a significant impact on people, there is little he can do other than show himself at inappropriate times to show that the MiB he has nothing to fear and is not so sure of his own.

And at the end of the series it will turn out that all of this (both realities) is something like a Matrix, used to study social behavior in stressful situations and their reaction to alleged supernatural phenomena
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen Hawking.

Eredin

Lost

Post by Eredin » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:04 am

As for the old series, I don't know, because the oldest series I have watched is Twin Peaks, but I know that Des is special and we've known that since season 3 when he survived Swan's implosion and started jumping over time. MIB must have felt the same way to throw it into the well. Des is the key here, he'll do a lot more.

Ghosts. Imo as you say, ghosts are independent. It seems that the island is ruled not by Jacob or the MIB, but by some third force that made the Principles that healed Locke, Rose, etc.
Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today

Perv

Lost

Post by Perv » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:42 am

The boy is young Jacob! Ev. young MIB. Anyway, I assume that they are both brothers, and which are good and which are bad ... the creators of LOST cannot be read that much;)
It's so good being bad

Alfa

Lost

Post by Alfa » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:18 am

I can feel it, but it totally doesn't suit me here, it doesn't play for me ... in there.
As if they had no idea for the further fate of the character, so they blew her up in a slightly ironic way.
I was expecting something more ...

I don't even remember the titles anymore, but there were a few of these second kind, and this is about an angel, and about a spirit, and about this and that about that.

As for Des, of course I agree. His role suits me perfectly, just this final scene, staring at the happy Libby and Hurley, seemed a terrible game to me.
As for healing Locke and Rose, it could even be Jacob or MiB (in the former case, if he sensed potential). With Locke it could even be a coincidence. I bet 10 liters of virtual vodka that he will regain feeling in his legs after a collision with a car. ^^^ (Although it is equally likely that only Jack will put it together in the hospital).
Correct me if I don't remember anything wrong, but I think we saw Jacob's ghost after we first met the boy, who also used the words "you know you can't kill him." What would be more indicative, for example, of the opposing player (just as a chess player cannot win a duel by sending a killer to an opponent). Rather, the word excludes that it is Jacob. While technically it could have been Jacob, who quotes the rules of the game in a veiled way, I find it rather far-fetched. Though it can always be a body bred (by the Third Force - the Judge? Any of those spirit beings?) Until Jacob can take over. : mrgreen:
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.

Pensmug

Lost

Post by Pensmug » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:29 am

Now for a few things we don't know: was it really a ghost? Maybe the "higher power" sent MIB a picture of his brother when he was young (or maybe even the young MIB himself, from when he was still good - not a convenient memory, so he tells Des to ignore it?;)). And who did he mean by "go"? Here we can interpret at will: mrgreen: Jacob? Okay, but he's dead now. Richard (because his MIB was racing then, was he leading, or maybe I'm wrong, I don't remember too well)? Except Richard is hardly that important. But I think Desmond is. It could have been about him, but ... it's just an empty presumption, when they tell us they will tell us.
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.