Lost

Poison Ivy

Lost

Post by Poison Ivy » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:41 pm

Yes, I heard about the DVD release - I won't buy it either, but I will definitely watch;)
Don't worry Romulus, I'm one of those losers too.
Anyway, somewhere I read their statements that they had a well-established general outline, including the beginning and the end, but also a lot of things they did when creating separate seasons, and I think that is true - we had a lot of references present throughout the series, in particular the presence MiBa, the name of Jacob referred to by the others, and also 'Adam and Eve' in the cave.

Overall, I am half satisfied, because they could actually spoil a lot more by going into details.

The worst part is that I hate something like destiny in fiction. And here the only explanation for the situations that arose (even all the relations between the heroes and their families outside the island) were either Jacob's machinations or Destiny. Unfortunately, Jacob somehow denied a greater influence on the heroes (except for one single moment in the lives of each of them). So destiny remains to 'clear it all up'.

Although now I think that maybe the island itself, or rather the source, could have influenced people's lives, and Jacob only pointed out some people to it. Maybe it has a kind of intelligence, or maybe (I heard such a theory) it is something closest to God, and the island is a paradise from which the first aware (thanks to the island?) People were expelled. And this is the strength of the Losts - almost every interpretation works, because so little is known. In other words, a geek's paradise for // spell * theories
However, this interpretation of the almost divine power of the island in directing human lives is still too close to Destiny for me.

* to be honest, I can even see how I could adopt a hardcore version with nanomachines and SI // artist // evil according to the well-known claim that any sufficiently complex technology is indistinguishable from magic
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Anansi

Lost

Post by Anansi » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:23 pm

The sack of internet for the authors of this work: mrgreen:
Everybody going to be dead one day, just give them time

Devil Baby

Lost

Post by Devil Baby » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:11 pm

I mention it with Romulus a few posts above;)
Sell your soul

Ciliren

Lost

Post by Ciliren » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:57 pm

The epilogue is complete and available :) They explained a lot (more than in the entire sixth season), but still one big disappointment, because they explained what I was at least interested in :) In my opinion, they should make an additional two-hour movie closing the threads, and not try close our mouths with that ... something.
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it

Dangerous

Lost

Post by Dangerous » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:29 pm

Indeed, they answered more questions than ever before.
But I agree - too short and still not enough. And this scene in the magazine seemed a bit unnatural to me. Or rather, with a lot of eye blinking in our direction. We deserve answeres! lol
No matter what a woman looks like, if she's confident, she's sexy.

Leriel

Lost

Post by Leriel » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:43 pm

Indeed, if you think about it, this scene is one big shot on the nose for fans. So the magazine staff are fans with their "We deserve answers!". This: "But we've been doing this for twenty years ..." regretfully, may refer to voices like, "... but after all the years we've spent with the show, is this the end? ...", and if most of these fans were given the opportunity to ask one and only question that would be answered finally, instead of asking about essentials, they preferred to find out where the polar bears came from, or what Hurley's bird was.
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Devil Baby

Lost

Post by Devil Baby » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:19 pm

And this kind of spoiler summary of the epilogue is 90% rubbish sucked out of the finger. Well, so I was expecting something different, and I got nothing great. I don't need any answers and I didn't feel this conversation in the magazine like a switch in my nose. :)
Sell your soul

Alfa

Lost

Post by Alfa » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:27 pm

Boredom. Nihil novi. Or some little interesting details. It could be forgotten.
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.

Anansi

Lost

Post by Anansi » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:54 pm

I did not count on the creators of LOST to explain everything and I was not wrong. In general, I rate the sixth season positively, but in my opinion what was most interesting did not happen on the island, but outside it, i.e. in the alternative version of the arrival of Oceanca. especially it was a cool idea to give some of the characters a different image. And still, a few things were clarified. The Jacobek and MiB theme itself is weak, the waterfall theme is also - but they had to come up with something. And now I would like to ask for a thick book where they will explain everything to the end: P
Everybody going to be dead one day, just give them time

Murin

Lost

Post by Murin » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:12 pm

Don't count on an epilogue. They just compiled a few facts about the Dharma Initiative that are obvious to everyone.
Would you like me to put you out of your misery, before I put you out of your misery?