Lost

Sylfil

Lost

Post by Sylfil » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:11 am

The truth of the smoke - they had evidently released what then formed the body of Brother Jacob. Perhaps that light was holding back the Black Smoke. If light is life and rebirth, Smoke can be its opposite - death, destruction. When Jacob's brother burst in, the balance between the two forces may have been upset.
One more moment was funny - when at first she suddenly switched to English, and Claudia started to get up as if surprised.

I am also wondering when and who finished the construction of the Circle, because it was clearly not finished before the operation of the Mom.
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Matsui

Lost

Post by Matsui » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:44 am

uhm ... I have mixed impressions. I mean the episode was very good, interesting, they explained some things but I expected more, much more. I was expecting something tailor-made from last week that my pants would drop out of the sensation, and I wasn't. And this was supposed to be an episode explaining mythology. Instead, we have a source: P and we still don't know where the Tawaret statue, Temple, hieroglyphs, etc. came from, what are the rules, who was the mother, where did she get these "powers" etc ... many, many unknowns, and when will they explain them? In finale? I doubt it.

spoilers:
As for me, MIB is MIB, the monster, Jacob's brother, etc. Jacob pushed him into that cave (where something WORLESS from death had happened to him - not death! - he transformed into Smoke. password in a new form.
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Irakhash

Lost

Post by Irakhash » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:01 am

Hmmm ... It's obvious that revealing secrets always leads to disappointment. Always. So, the only thing I can criticize the creators of LOST is that they decided to do it. Because I dream of a finale that does not solve all puzzles, is open, but with some unspecified plot point ... So that there is something to think about even in 10 years.
Mortals cannot perceive me with the physical eye whilst in my pure form unless it is of my choosing, for it would result in fatality, which begs the question of why you are an exception.

Perv

Lost

Post by Perv » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:27 am

Nice in some places, not in some places ...

Widmore was a fool to let a deceitful Ben go outside. But ok - everything happened quickly, you can forgive.

But I didn't like that Ben was so easily talked into it. Unless he plans to sacrifice a few people he is about to kill in hopes of finding a way to kill MiB. (Well, yes, or begging for life - but I doubt that he is that stupid).

Lock, on the other hand, was a fool to first promise Ben the island and later tell him that he wanted to destroy it. Unless I want Ben to try to cheat on him ... but then Ben should be guessing. He is not stupid. Or maybe? : P

It was a little too easy selecting candidates. Jack was such an obvious choice that I'd rather be surprised by something. For example, with Jack's death in the last episode, before even a candidate would be selected. But they did it - well ... ok. Let it be.

Jacob's translations aren't exactly 100% true either. Because if Jacob had not influenced the fate of these people (very often in their childhood, long before they screwed up their lives) their lives might have turned out differently. It could look more or less like in an alternate reality (except that they probably wouldn't bump into each other that often;)). So yeah, the deaths of Kwona, Said and the others made no sense. : p
Why couldn't Jacob reveal himself earlier, show some miracles, etc.
Maybe he was so limited by the rules of the Game? Bad excuse.

One more thing surprised me ... It's just the chalk on the wall, if you want, the job is yours.

I remember ... I think I remember Lock wanted to kill Kate. I thought Lock felt who he could not kill (eg Desmond - he could have killed him by throwing him into the well).
I am tired, I will think about it yet, but something is not right for me.

Unless he was bluffing with Kate and somehow he was sure that he would not kill Desmond;)

to sleep....

----

Indeed, it seems that in an alternate reality all, if not most, will be gathered for a concert at Widmore's. I wonder what will happen then ...

@Romulus, however, they should go towards nanomachines and AI, and everything could be arranged logically
It's so good being bad

Kaikki

Lost

Post by Kaikki » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:45 am

Your concept of nanomachines was not wrong with what is now. Actually.

And the fact - the island as a bargaining chip between Ben and Locke - was illogical in terms of the last translation of what Locke was going to do.

But I did like the Ben mini-Renaissance. Really, I was sorry to see the second most Awesome character on the show relegated to the role of a pusher. But this attempt to regain position could also be Ben's swan song.
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Brerg

Lost

Post by Brerg » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:18 am

And today I dreamed the last episode of LOST ... ^^ (it's probably because I missed the night just because of the repetition of the series), but in the version with nanomachines. Unfortunately, I only remember scraps of sleep. Of course, I was alone in the middle of the action :) There were also a lot of these old Dharma machines and computers ... ah. Something touched me, I checked, and it looks like the final is now available. I'm just taking it off.

As for my rerun I barely made it to the middle of Season 3 due to lack of time. At first I wanted to list all the deficiencies I noticed and the moments that did not suit me, but it was too much to make me want;)

I am still thinking about the end of the series. Probably this one will be a more or less happy ending (even if everyone except Jack were to die, because they would live in an alternate reality (or maybe the real one? Maybe the island and the whole Game created an alternate reality in order to choose Jacob's successor?)).

And then there will be three alternative endings ... so for sure one will be a win for MiB. Still another could be the destruction of the entire island, including MiB and Jack. Any other options?
Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain.

Murin

Lost

Post by Murin » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:32 am

do you know that the final was broadcast on sunday?
Would you like me to put you out of your misery, before I put you out of your misery?

Vataes

Lost

Post by Vataes » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:00 am

spoilers

... Not to mention the incompatibility of this alternate reality as the vestibule of ... heaven? return to the source? whatever.
I mean, most ended up there at the approximate age of death. But even if Claire lived long after that, and she had certainly lived "most of her life" under different circumstances, with her son and certainly a life of no less importance. It was also funny that her son came to this pre-world while still prenatally.

Well, personally, I was still hoping during the episode that Widmore did put a tad more of these explosives on the plane after all, as one of the heroes had suggested earlier. It would be sad, but ironic and somehow funny at the same time. Well, happy ending is a happy ending. ;)

As for Ben, his figure is terribly unsteady. He's here with Locke once, sometimes with the rest, and then alternately for the last few episodes. By the way, if Locke hadn't told Ben that he was going to destroy the island, he would have easily won. He would have Ben kill Sawyer first, then Jack and the rest, then finish Ben himself and run off to the boat. Not to mention the fact that he had such a great opportunity to cut Jack's throat while he lay stunned by a stone - you can see that he did not read the Bad Lord's Catechism.
... So Locke was an idiot after all: P

I was also hoping that maybe Jack would turn into a new MiB after he stayed at the source (possibly in an unspoken future he could fight against Hurley ^^). Although technically, it might still be possible (not that I want LOST II).

And when Jack met Christian, I hoped for a moment that MiB had managed to transfer into this alternate reality ^^ That would be just a dark ending.

So anyway, the amount of information is definitely not enough for me. Especially about the nature of this alternate reality. Is there only FOR all 'islanders' (which could have been suggested by Christian), or would each person find their way to a second life (at some point in time) where they would only realize (after having lived a bit of a life) that they are already dead . Oh my. And then suddenly disappear from this world (which might be a bit strange for the rest of society that was still there). It's also interesting that not all of them lived a 'perfect life' there (or they were not repaid for their sins; compare Father Locke and Ben - two each other worthy motherfuckers and they were both on the Island). It's also strange that some of the ghosts apparently stayed on the island (Richard's wife; Michel; Anna Lucia was either in two places at once, or her soul moved to that level a little later).

I know, I'm picking on, but I have an inner need to be consistent with the ideas and ideas presented to the world presented. And yes, let them fall on the tree: P (although of course I agree that they did not have too much opportunity to get into such technical matters now and to make a surprise in the last episode).

EDIT: one more thing - when Jack said "Then it ends" - they put on such music that I thought I would fall off my chair. >. <
Every time you take one path, you must live with the memory of the other: of a life left unchosen.

Onirke

Lost

Post by Onirke » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:25 pm

Hmmm ... some of these questions are easy to answer, but a lot of questions are actually missing. But if you put them all in a video, it would probably result in an hour-long session ...
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Gor

Lost

Post by Gor » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:34 pm

Yee ... - I stopped putting off the inevitable and watched the Final.

I will not join the disappointed voices. Explaining everything to the last, smallest, though no less important, secret would kill this show. Of course, the creators darkened that all important questions would be answered. They did not fall, and as the link above shows, there were a lot of expected answers.

But, thanks to this, a solid foundation for building a legend will be laid. Although there is nothing to think about it, in my opinion. Any thread that remained unsolved was just not relevant. It did not have to be, although apparently the creators themselves did not know which way to go. Hence the bunker and the mysterious symbols in it, etc., etc. As in life - not all questions can be answered and there is no point in looking for it, because maybe it is not there, maybe it is, and maybe it is not important ... I think that at some point the creators came up with such a simple idea: if nothing in life is simple, obvious and does not always lead to a logical solution, why should it be like this in our series.

Escaping such harmless gibberish and focusing on, you can see, the most important thread was an emergency exit, protecting you from a literal and, admittedly, incoherent explanation of everything. They no longer had to clean up their mess. Thanks to this, they created a world full of Mysteries and mysteries. We got an answer to some of them. And the answers were like this series - answering one question led to more questions. And so on until the final.

For 6 years. It's hard for me to believe it. The creators managed to do one thing brilliantly - they left the viewers with the question: was this finale a mockery of the audience, or was it really meant to be like that from the beginning.

I'm afraid I'm one of those other losers. I have to watch it in its entirety again. It could be an interesting experience.
There was only gold, and power, and the bodies of women, and steel.