Lost

Eredin

Lost

Post by Eredin » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:17 pm

Exactly Ben is in charge, and Lock is irritating with his scuffle. I'm after the episode with the Koreans - they got muddy. I like that the individual threads start to overlap, but the creators give a lot of new puzzles anyway. Without a doubt, the best patent is visions from the future that make you think. Overall, after 6 episodes, the series is good, but unfortunately it is boring in places.
I'm also after probably 17th episode 4 of the CSI: NY series - great. This is probably the best season - most episodes are one bigger thing, and some episodes are combined into multiple episodes. And deepening the images of the heroes. A bomb for me.
Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today

Devil Baby

Lost

Post by Devil Baby » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:18 pm

With a long delay, but finally I managed to watch the next series "LOST". It was supposed to be groundbreaking and explain a lot. But was it like that? Certainly, the creator managed to do one thing - to close a few threads (or rather to kill the heroes) that were a bit disturbing (French and her daughter, Michael, Jin), on the other hand, 3 new heroes were added (physicist, anthropologist rice and medium). About the island and its secrets, we learn nothing, i.e. nothing is explained, but new puzzles are provided - disappearance, anomalies with time. Flashes from the future do not explain anything, but rather confuse anything.
Pros - Ben and his plots, Said in action, and the show's overall fast pace - less pointless jungle trekking, more action.
The final itself disappointed me - the second and third ended much more interestingly, the guest in the coffin was to be expected.
Sell your soul

Kaikki

Lost

Post by Kaikki » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:53 pm

Jeremy Bentham's identity knocked me off my feet. As for this character, I was sure that he was crucial for the whole plot. And a little hint in this regard was provided by J.J. Abrams claiming that Terry O'Quinn was the only certainty in the cast from the outset and that Lock's character was created with her place in the story in mind. So maybe they are running out of twists, or I have an overly vivid imagination that failed to foresee that Abrams' statement might not necessarily make Locke "immortal".

A really big advantage of this season was its shortening, which eliminated just what you wrote about: wandering around the jungle, looking deep into the eyes and drowning. It gave me hope for better seasons to come. The plot actually still has more puzzles than answers, but you can see that it is coming to an end: some of the threads are closed, now the key issue will be just a plot development of Jack's pathetic call about the necessity of his return to the Island and this will probably be the finale. And the good ending to this show has to be one with all the answers, but those answers have to bring new mysteries. Such a finale would satisfy me.

It is a pity that Zeljko Ivanek took Emma's "Ben". But he really was brilliant at DAMAGES.

As for HEROES, the first season in Poland had a low viewership and that probably made the decision not to continue. So now there will be a medium-sized series called The Sarah Connor Chronicles. In the US, he is doing average, but not so bad that he does not shoot any further. Such mediocre people are also needed and in Poland they will have the status of a hit.

But I'm betting AXN will release Heroes eventually. Until it begs. But I would prefer the third season of HOUSE M.D. : mrgreen: In Poland, the first season will be shown on dvd (or is already available). I'm going to buy. But will they consistently go on with the next ones?

P.S. I referred a bit to Tigana's post on the subject of "television"
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Vanity Fair

Lost

Post by Vanity Fair » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:01 pm

Somehow the identity of the gentleman from the coffin did not surprise me. For a moment I thought it was Sawyer, but came to the conclusion that it would be a sin to kill such a handsome man: mrgreen: I was much more impressed by the ending of "three" when we learn that we are in the future (at least it surprised me, maybe others guessed what was going on)

Here you can watch the announcement of "five" - you can't see much. One can only get the impression that it will be concentrating on collecting "Oceanic 6" to get them back to the island. And I wonder if they will actually come back after a few years, or if, thanks to the turmoil in time, they will appear shortly after their disappearance. On several forums you can read, among others, that in "5" the secret of "Black Rock" will be revealed and that there will be new characters, such as a butcher. Some people also speculate about Jin.
All is vanity, nothing is fair

Sylfil

Lost

Post by Sylfil » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:08 pm

I started watching the fifth season of LOSTING and discarded all logic - if suddenly dinosaurs appeared on the island, I would nod my head in understanding. If a spaceship landed on the beach in the next moment, I wouldn't be surprised either ^^

Recently, I watched a lot of BBC miniseries; Littel Dorrit, Fanny Hill, Jane Eyre, Lost in Austen, Miss Austen Regrets, Incredible Journey of Mary Bryant. I even came across youtube on The Scarlet Pimpernel, a series I watched on HBO about eight years ago;) Ah ... I have a soft spot for costume production ^^
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Veldrin

Lost

Post by Veldrin » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:30 pm

The third episode is a bit of a kick: Richard Alpert (but he was "different" from the beginning) and above all Charles Widmore ... But who is the game between and what if Widmore ... you know ...

POSSIBLE SPOILER
But you can also see some control over the whole in this series: when Locke gives Richard the date and place of his birth and tells him to visit him ... In one of the earlier episodes (season 3 or 4) there was such a flashback after all ... a bit on the (inevitable) "make-believe", but the plot hasn't fallen apart yet. I took the first two episodes rather lukewarm - by the momentum I "drive" and "get to the end of the series". But such "flavors" from the third episode, which can be combined with the rest of the plot (if someone gets the whole story) "turned up" my temperature for the next episodes ... END OF THE SPOILER
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...

Poison Ivy

Lost

Post by Poison Ivy » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:15 am

Exactly Romek, my feelings are the same; for now - despite all the strange things - you can see that the writers control the series (unlike Heroes), which makes you want to watch the next episodes.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

fabulousfreesia

Lost

Post by fabulousfreesia » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:45 am

Probably 6, but shorter from what I remember. And the first two episodes of Lost made me so embarrassed that so far I have not reached for the next ones. o.o
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Alfa

Lost

Post by Alfa » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:56 am

I did so with the first series ^^
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.

Ciliren

Lost

Post by Ciliren » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:45 am

In mourning for the loss of my favorite series, today I watched the 9th episode of LOST. All in all, it's close to the 5th season finale. Unless seasonal emphysema gets to the creators again. Because it would be fun to play with the plot, for example, time paradoxes, right?

For those who follow closely (read: LOST freaks), there are many fun things to do, and even more fields to hypothesize. If someone has not followed the series on a regular basis - they will not be able to keep up.

Fun entertainment spoiled by the vision of one more season.
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it