Lost

Takwir

Lost

Post by Takwir » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:12 am

I just don't like the second season in its present shape and the series "oil" in its third season. I watch together with my wife (who watched the whole thing at the time), so after the third season we are going to let it go, and until then we will watch, but certainly with much less emotions than the first season. Maybe it is a matter of material fatigue, we jumped from the first to the second right away, and in the US they had a break for a year;) However, taking into account that I am focused on an adventure series, because this is what we are dealing with, the second season is poor. Too much talk, too much stagnation, too little action to get things going. Not enough Lost in Lost;)
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Leriel

Lost

Post by Leriel » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:22 am

Yes, you talk nonsense :) The farther in "Lost", the more fun. But I agree that only up to a point :)
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Onirke

Lost

Post by Onirke » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:47 am

And this moment is the end of the last season.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Perv

Lost

Post by Perv » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:54 am

I don't think so.
Last season boredom and stupidity poured out of the screen.
It's so good being bad

Veldrin

Lost

Post by Veldrin » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:35 pm

After the second season, I consider the last one to be by far the best of all. The weakest fourth and first. In the fourth one, they actually got lost (but later found them effectively), and the first one did not interest me too much. Too survival.
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...

Irakhash

Lost

Post by Irakhash » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:04 pm

Why the fourth? I liked it very much (I think the number two after the great fifth), but the weakest is the third for me - I had the impression that the writers at some point did not know where to go next.

By the way, it's interesting that the opinions about the individual seasons of Lost are so diverse, usually there is a rather unanimous choir in the series ("the second best, fifth weakest, in the seventh there were moments but also weak"
Mortals cannot perceive me with the physical eye whilst in my pure form unless it is of my choosing, for it would result in fatality, which begs the question of why you are an exception.

Poison Ivy

Lost

Post by Poison Ivy » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:46 pm

"Lost" is not a "normal" series, so it's hard to find convergent opinions :) I have a few debut episodes. For example, the ones from "Henry Gale from Minnesota" - a fortune, a masterpiece from the appearance of this character until the season finale. And then "Henry Gale" was king of the episode more than once. And in general - in the scale of the entire series, he is one of the most outstanding characters in the plot. And in the history of television series, it should also occupy a prominent place.

And there is also an episode in I think season 5 (?) With Sayid working for Ben. Sweeping.

Season 2 - the question of the "find".
Season 3 - Others.
After that, I do not judge these seasons so well, I focused more on individual episodes than on the whole.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Triss Merigold

Lost

Post by Triss Merigold » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:16 pm

I think it's a matter of expectations. Season four is such a reopening, just a lot less polished and chaotic than the first. I also don't like the end of the season. I understand that he was supposed to leave me with such an ontological "oh fuck" and it did, although for the first time in the history of this show, I felt very irritated. It may also be the fact that this is the shortest season due to the writers' strike - they tried to stuff everything too quickly on less material. It's a kind of contradiction to the idea of "Lost", which always took a long time to spin and suppressed for a long time. So this season was like a burst of automatic weapons, while the others are single shots from a revolver. The latter approach suited me.
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.

Kaikki

Lost

Post by Kaikki » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:09 pm

I finished my second season. I am really happy with this season, the beginning and the end are quite good, you can almost forget about the middle. It is slowly getting tiring and starts to resemble "M jak mi�o��" or "Na Wsp�lnej", where the threads are spread over 30 episodes;) The multitude of heroes is a curse of this series, there should be clearly delineated frames, there is no leading character around which the action takes place plays, there is no one to cheer on, no one to regret. J.J. Abrams just knows which strings to pull to keep the viewer sitting the next week in front of the TV anyway - and it's called a mystery. He can sell his series - leaks, guesses, photos, everything turns up later. Anyway, my goal is that I get less and less pleasure from watching the series, more and more things irritate me. Therefore, although my wife and I started watching the third season, we do it more with momentum than with some great longing.
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

fabulousfreesia

Lost

Post by fabulousfreesia » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:20 pm

Stop watching already. It will only be "worse" later;) If such "easy" seasons discourage you, you have nothing to look for in the next ones.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.