Lost

Vanity Fair

Lost

Post by Vanity Fair » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:33 pm

I'm not looking for problems, I just say what doesn't suit me ... completely. (btw, I totally don't understand how I could write about Albert's flashbacks instead of Richard 0_0 - sorry).

You're right, I watched it again and there was no blood. The blood was there before.
As for Boon's vision, a little too real, but assuming there was no 'scan' and Shannon was alive, they must actually have been narcotic.
All is vanity, nothing is fair

Takwir

Lost

Post by Takwir » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:34 pm

On the one hand, it seems to me to be just a consequence of the fact that the plot of the series grew as it developed. The general outlines may have been known, but I doubt it. Therefore, now, having an overview of almost the entire plot, many elements may seem inconsistent with it.

And the "Others" themselves - ha! they were Insiders, they lived on a cool island, which gave them a lot of opportunities that we do not know about ourselves (regeneration), and suddenly a plane crashes them onto the island. And what? Are they just going to go out and share their secrets? I would not do that, but try to chase the intruders away: P and he did not play a good uncle showing around the island and revealing its secrets, which I might have figured out for decades.
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Triss Merigold

Lost

Post by Triss Merigold » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:48 pm

Locke doesn't suit me yet. At the beginning, he gave the impression that he was the only one who had any idea what was going on - he knew how to look into everyone's soul and lead them to a better path.
Yes, he was a man of deep faith, especially after the plane crashed. He seemed to know something more, that he was hiding something specific from others.

Later it turned out (as far as I remember, I'm only in the first season) that apart from seeing MiB, he knew shit about the island;)
Maybe it's not a big downside, but it didn't suit me quite.

By the way - refreshing the fragments of Ab Aeterno, I associated the biblical foundations of the whole. Book of Job normally (I don't know why I forgot about this Jacob's text, that MiB thinks people are just bad, and Jacob wants to prove that they are not, but without any special interference (except for the prophet;)) ).
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.

Pensmug

Lost

Post by Pensmug » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:06 pm

Because it was. Locke knew nothing. He was one more of the survivors. And only until. But he started to walk, he was doing great on the island. And off the island he had what? Thread. He was crippled, lonely and bitter. The island gave him the meaning of life and that is why he was her ... advocate. Until Ben started messing with him :) And finally he was done with him.
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.

Veldrin

Lost

Post by Veldrin » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:57 pm

I didn't mean his advocacy and faith in the island, but giving the impression that he did know something about it. It's a bit like Richard, but on a much smaller scale.
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...

Eredin

Lost

Post by Eredin » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:16 pm

Well, my adventure with this season ended after a few episodes - and I was fucking blasted. ;) Debilism of this series knows no bounds, however, the creators are completely lost and the illusion that from the beginning they knew where the story was going has passed. Perhaps after the end of the season I will download the whole (i.e. the whole season) and watch it calmly. So far, I don't feel like it anymore.
Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today

Hawking

Lost

Post by Hawking » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:14 am

But I think they knew more or less where they were going.
However, there was not enough strength and determination to do it really well.
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen Hawking.

Alfa

Lost

Post by Alfa » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:34 am

Very strong words, not supported by any argument! ;)
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.

fabulousfreesia

Lost

Post by fabulousfreesia » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:23 am

Overall, I have mixed feelings. Unfortunately, the acting of the actors did not appeal to me completely.

I liked some of the explanations, some so-so. Of course, by the way, the developers added as many questions as the answers.
There was only one moment in the episode that I really liked - explaining the origin of 'Adam and Eve'. I am able to forgive a lot for such tastes (but also without exaggeration). (EDIT: There was actually another very good moment when MiB told Jacob that he too would make a game of his own some day too).

As they began to preach about the source of light and that there is some part of it in every living thing, I was scared that they would soon be telling me about some midichlorians. Use Luke's power! :-P

But in general, the concept of the source of death and life and rebirth (?) Is not so bad.
But making Jacob such a goofy dude was an average thing for me.

The way MiB got knocked out by mommy was kind of funny. For example, she could poison him with some filth - it would look better.

Okay, so ghosts are real ghosts ... weird;)

And indeed, it looks like the little boy from the island is really Jacob - weird
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Woland

Lost

Post by Woland » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:13 am

The actors didn't suit me either, and my mother was just pissing off.
Besides - it seems clear to me that MIB is not Jacob's brother, but Black Smog, who can take the bodies of the dead. He had taken the body of Jacob's brother earlier (the skeleton remained), then the body of Jack's father (the body was gone), and finally Locke's body (the body was left in the coffin).