Twilight

Poison Ivy

Re: Twilight

Post by Poison Ivy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:55 am

I was pissed off by Jacob, how he was hitting Bella.
Besides, I am satisfied. Okay, I'm not going to idealize Edward here because everyone knows how fantastic he is and what. : P
Besides, my whole computer is littered with photos, quotes and stuff.
What about the look? Mother Box, I have them in front of my eyes all the time ... That honey look. Ata complexion. Okay, finish it now?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Anansi

Post by Anansi » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:16 am

Jacob didn't bother me until he kissed her : / Grrr stupid. Anyway, she herself is at least strange. ;)
Yes, the vampire mania did ... after the movie came out. Followers can be divided into real fans and pseudo ones. It bothers me that, for example, on forums, etc., 12-year-olds are the biggest 'fans'. Until I have to discuss it. I feel old then. Anyway, I don't know <without offending them> how much they really understand from these books ... or else I am crazy reading teen bestsellers who want the 'perfect' guy.
Everybody going to be dead one day, just give them time

Ciliren

Post by Ciliren » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:20 am

Boom like boom, the book has to be painted and we can't help it.
As for Jacob, he didn't win my sympathy too much, neither did Bella's father, but what probably pissed me off, i.e. stopping her from certain decisions, disturbing her, actually developed the action: P As someone mentioned Bella herself is strange, but probably a character that I don't really understand ...
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it

Lonatir

Post by Lonatir » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:28 am

A lot of people think the movie is very lame, tacky and stuff blah blah blah. It is true that it does not reflect the book perfectly, because there are a few threads that are omitted or twisted, but I think it is not as scary as they say. There is action, the actors, despite the fact that they are just (probably) beginners, are doing well.
What irritated me a bit Bella was that she was so complex, not very confident.
She touched something deep in his soul. He didn't believe in love at first sight, but the thought of hurting her made his chest ache

Rincewind1

Post by Rincewind1 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:11 am

I watched the movie (which effectively discouraged me from reading the book, so I will not talk about it) and yes, it was cheesy, the love theme - banal and well ... stupid? So I don't understand all this twilight and crowds of teenagers raving about Edward. And I am sure that if I was younger than that, it would not take me too much. I guess my expectations are too high and I don't like kitschy sweet stories.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Supergirl

Post by Supergirl » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:15 am

Rincewind1 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:11 am I watched the movie (which effectively discouraged me from reading the book, so I will not talk about it) and yes, it was cheesy, the love theme - banal and well ... stupid? So I don't understand all this twilight and crowds of teenagers raving about Edward. And I am sure that if I was younger than that, it would not take me too much. I guess my expectations are too high and I don't like kitschy sweet stories.
every sweet story, especially a love one, is kitschy. I haven't seen the movie, so I won't judge it, and I'm not a stupid teenager in love with Edward either, but many times there are times when the movie is worse than the book. So maybe you will find time to read it, I really recommend it
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Leriel

Post by Leriel » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:20 am

Supergirl wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:15 am
Rincewind1 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:11 am I watched the movie (which effectively discouraged me from reading the book, so I will not talk about it) and yes, it was cheesy, the love theme - banal and well ... stupid? So I don't understand all this twilight and crowds of teenagers raving about Edward. And I am sure that if I was younger than that, it would not take me too much. I guess my expectations are too high and I don't like kitschy sweet stories.
every sweet story, especially a love one, is kitschy. I haven't seen the movie, so I won't judge it, and I'm not a stupid teenager in love with Edward either, but many times there are times when the movie is worse than the book. So maybe you will find time to read it, I really recommend it
I'm afraid it's not worth it, because the movie put me off a lot, and that's because of the plot, not the actors. Anyway, I've only seen a good vampire movie once, usually such a topic doesn't bother me very much. But maybe I'm exaggerating, probably if I hadn't known earlier that there was such a big craze for it, "Twilight" would have come after me, the next day I would probably not remember it anymore.

I think it was because it was just very asexual - neither funny nor touching, not suspenseful, not ambitious, just so ... unremarkable. And I don't think the book is so different from the movie that it has any positive feelings in me.
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Eredin

Post by Eredin » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:07 am

Hmm, I guess I'll have to figure out to watch this movie, because defending the book (: P) and mentioning the movie or based on it by the way is rather impossible.
Generally, I always advise everyone: book first, then film: P
Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today

Alfa

Post by Alfa » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:11 am

I also think that I should read it before speaking, but it doesn't look like that, apart from the fact that I don't feel like it - it's a waste of money for my own (for obvious reasons), and I can't count on a library (I'll start the queue is a few months ahead), maybe someday, when the emotions have subsided, or when I will have a teenage daughter one day (;
As for the read-watch sequence, I don't really think it is a good idea, every movie after book was a disappointment and every book after movie lost a lot in my eyes as I already knew the plot and the ending.
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.

Hawking

Post by Hawking » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:58 am

I am also not delighted with this film and the main character. Yesterday I saw it for the first time, everyone around it praises it so much, I wanted to find out if it really is so great. I am not going to read books, because I just don't like reading.
I personally did not like this film, I don't know why people praise it so much:] I've seen much better and more interesting films than this Twilight. And this Pattinson is ugly, in the movie he looked ugly, even horrible. presents, maybe a different characterization improves his appearance.
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen Hawking.