Children of the Mind
No votes
Xenocide
No votes

Total votes: 4

Kaikki

Which book about Ender is the best

Post by Kaikki » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:32 pm

As for me, and I suppose for many of you, it will be "Ender's Game" of course. Extraordinary mind, good man, strategy, extraordinary children, it's addictive!
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Murin

Re: Which book about Ender is the best

Post by Murin » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:38 pm

I have a great fondness for Ender's Game, because it was one of the first fantasy books I've ever read. I appreciate her, I can read endlessly, but I like the Speaker of the Dead more. For the Ribeirs, for Jane. I have not met such a Theater of perfect heroes anywhere and probably will not meet it anywhere.
Somehow I don't like xenocide. Otherwise, I like it, but not as much as the other parts. Certainly, less stress-relieving reading Children of the Mind - whenever I feel sick and senseless, I reach for them. And the world becomes bright again.
Would you like me to put you out of your misery, before I put you out of your misery?

Irakhash

Post by Irakhash » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:43 pm

Speaker of the Dead. For the Speaker of the Dead. For the life of the Hive Queen. For xenologists. And for the fact that I find something new in it every time. That I never put it on the shelf read, but always on a pile of those to read.
I liked it as much in the early nineties as today.
Mortals cannot perceive me with the physical eye whilst in my pure form unless it is of my choosing, for it would result in fatality, which begs the question of why you are an exception.

Brerg

Post by Brerg » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:56 pm

Speaker of the Dead. yeah ... I haven't read the others yet, but I really liked the speaker
Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain.

Matsui

Post by Matsui » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:04 pm

Speaker of the Dead
definitely
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Vataes

Post by Vataes » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:19 pm

Ender's game - Lord of the Flies served in a different sauce. Great idea, surprise. The Speaker of the Dead is a great continuation, but only a continuation. Would it have been the same if the 'Ender's Game' had not been held earlier?
Every time you take one path, you must live with the memory of the other: of a life left unchosen.

Oneia

Post by Oneia » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:50 am

Ender's Game is nice, even great as a closed whole and could exist solo as such. But only the Speaker ... takes the whole thing to a higher level, without him the Game would be just a curiosity, a toy.
Dopamine Addicted

Rincewind1

Post by Rincewind1 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:58 am

Hmm, I have only read the first two parts and so far I have mixed feelings about this series. I like Ender's game more, although the main storyline at one point became too predictable. However, I do not see anything special in Speech of the Dead - I do not know, maybe I do not receive deeper messages, or maybe it is a disappointment with the lack of vivid action and murder.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Hawking

Post by Hawking » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:56 am

Ender's Game...
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen Hawking.