The worst fantasy rubbish

Pensmug

The worst fantasy rubbish

Post by Pensmug » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:51 am

Hello,

There were already topics about the best works of the genre, so I allowed myself to start a topic about the worst fantastic crap we've ever read - and there are quite a few such books in bookstores. Let us warn others to avoid disgust when renting "on trial" or, even worse, when buying ...

For starters, my all-time crap tip:

The "Konrad" trilogy by a certain David Ferring, set in the realities of Warhammer, ("Konrad", "Blade", "Born of a shadow"), ed. Mag 1998.
It is difficult to name a defect that this book does not have. A terribly boring plot, paper characters, and poor - even for "literature RPG" - language, reminiscent of a sentence from a review from "NF", in which the author was mentioned in a physiological effort to throw out lumps of subjects and judgments. Added to this is the terrible translation ... I really like the Warhammer universe, but reading Ferring's scribbles was a tough transition. In addition, three volumes did not enrich my knowledge of this world even one iota!
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.

Takwir

Re: The worst fantasy rubbish

Post by Takwir » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:15 pm

I was just trying to read two dragonlance books ...
It was a disaster. 2 volume of heroes, 'Blade of the storm', written as such in a style, but the text gives the impression that the author knows the world by bits, relying on flipping a few other books from this world, and in the village ...
The collection of stories "Dragons of Chaos" - some third part of the stories (top) would not be so bad, but this book completely destroys the translation of Mrs. Ewa Hiero. How the reviewers and the proofreading could let go of such a monster, my idea passes ...
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Kaikki

Re: The worst fantasy rubbish

Post by Kaikki » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:23 pm

In this dusty topic, I will add one cautionary item ...
I found Brother Rekonkwiste, Marcin Wolski, on the shelf. I advise against it, in many moments I felt as if the author was writing a book "by force" ... the combination of Aztecs and aliens requires a lot of perseverance from the reader. However, as in every book, there are also good passages in this one. In this particular example, the very beginning deserves attention (the life stories of 4 characters are described), but unfortunately the author goes further and instead of 4 good stories we have a very poor book
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.