Worth to read fantasy books

Rincewind1

Re: Worth to read fantasy books

Post by Rincewind1 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:58 am

I recommend the series Snyder Maria V - 1 Mages Fortress 02 - A Touch of Magic :-) All Iksia's mages were executed during a military coup. Meanwhile, in the neighboring Sycja, they are still a privileged caste, more than four of them sit on the ruling council of the state.
Yelena is sentenced to death for using magic. The only salvation is to escape to Sycja, her native land from which she was kidnapped as a child. Here in the Mages Stronghold, she only has a year to perfect her extremely rare magical gift. If he doesn't learn to control him, he will die.
Nothing is going as expected in Sycja. She feels lonely and alien. The local customs irritate or make her laugh, she does not remember her parents, and her brother shows her open hostility.
Unexpectedly, Yelena is drawn into a game with evil forces so primal and strong that they can threaten the existence of Sycja. It all starts with the kidnapping and brutal murders of young adepts of magic. Souls have been stolen from the victims and can be an additional source of enormous power. During a fight to the death, Yelena finds out that her powerful magical abilities are as much a gift as a curse?
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Supergirl

Post by Supergirl » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:05 am

Then I would like to recommend you a good fantasy book Jo.E. Rach. She is a Polish writer who publishes her novels under a pseudonym. The first volume of Lilith is in the bookstore, with more volumes coming soon.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Eredin

Post by Eredin » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:21 am

R.R Martin - I won't discover anything new - but it's a sure thing :)
Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today

Alfa

Post by Alfa » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:26 am

"The Omega Project" by Derek Edwards. I bought it by chance in Empik on the net (ebook). I read from 4am to 1pm. Science fiction, but no aliens. About people. The action takes place in the USA. There is one short thread about Poland. There is also a thread that I cannot reveal, which is subtly blended in - this is the point of this book, even though it is not the main action. The action takes place at the Health Food Research Center in the USA. A bit outside the resort and a bit on ... :-). Pulls like hell. Even inexpensive. On a student scale, I would give 1-6 a 5-. I liked her.
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.

Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:30 am

From my favorite authors, I recommend such an unforgettable fantasy world personality as Robert Jordan and his "Wheel of Time" series. There is magic, there are adventures, all in a dozen or so volumes translated into Polish. It seems the final part is still in preparation.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Hawking

Post by Hawking » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:34 am

A lot of Pratchett's books can be recommended for sure
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen Hawking.

fabulousfreesia

Post by fabulousfreesia » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:24 pm

I highly recommend the magnetic dystopian novel "How to Die Together" by Małgorzata Banaszkiewicz. The book is emotionally engaging and surprising. The main character has deep emotions, and it is written in such a way that, as a reader, I also felt them. This is a book for those who like romances with beautiful, metaphorical eroticism and remarkable realities. Here it is the world of the future in which people implant pieces of animal bodies for decoration and for practical reasons. There is also a detective thread to help you get to know this strange world better. The book motivates to action, amuses and gives food for thought. Really worth!
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.