Eredin

Re: 7th Sea - flippant system?

Post by Eredin » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:20 am

Exactly . I agree with that.
Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today

Alfa

Post by Alfa » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:24 am

I don't understand why the system's disadvantage is the difficulty of killing BG ... But maybe I don't know myself. After all, the game is played for fun - both for players and GM, not against each other. If the players in the session behave well only when they have a "scarecrow" in the form of the death of their characters, then this is probably not a role playing game ...
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.

Alfa

Post by Alfa » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:25 am

"My son, you have an amazing talent for getting into trouble." You have already dealt with matters that overwhelm you so many times that it is difficult to count them ... - his mother's voice in the receiver was as soft and calm as always, although there was a slight hint of irritation in it - if it were not for the fact that I appreciated your drive to find the light of Truth in the dark tunnel of ignorance, long ago I would have begun to wonder about the sense of my support ...
"Forgive me for interfering with your undoubtedly important research," Devyn stood tinged his voice with humility, "nevertheless, I felt the importance of my discovery justifies it.
There was silence for a moment, broken only by a soft hum in the receiver.
"I don't know much about the Scarlet Moon, Cluracan," Mother replied at last, "and I'm sure there aren't many people who would know anything more ... especially since this sign is now half-forgotten." The only thing I can reveal to you are bits and pieces of information ... I'm sorry.
- I understand that. So what do you know?
"The only thing that can be said for sure is that the mark is very, very old." In an old book written by some nameless Tremere describing old Sumerian cultures, he symbolizes the "enemy". Unfortunately, it is not known whether this term meant a specific person or was used generally in relation to opponents. Nevertheless ...
- Yes? Devyn felt a thrill. He always reacted like this when ancient secrets were opened to him ... sometimes he wondered if his hunger for knowledge was too great ... if it would get him into trouble ...
"Nevertheless," Kiasyd heard the rustle of pages on the phone. He has always wondered how his Mother can find the information she needs so quickly - I have an old engraving of a wooden door. This sign was painted on it ... right next to the knocker. I don't know what that might mean, especially since nothing else has survived ... ah!
- What? - Devyn jumped - what?
- There is one more mark on this door ... as if the artist wanted to put it as his literary signature ... although ... maybe it was placed later, I don't know.
- What is the sign?
- Crown. Crown finished with a small cross.

fuck.

Lasombra.
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.

Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:29 am

Maybe not necessarily, but it changes the approach to the world and who we are in it. And especially it shapes RPG visions for young players. It's not about good behavior, but rather about the paranoia of the world and the mechanics of 7th Sea that players try to force themselves to do spectacular actions to only get drama dice (that's what they called it, right?).
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.