Music as background for RPG

Ciliren

Post by Ciliren » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:05 am

And Trik is handicapped in this respect somehow - I can't play to music.
It distracts me terribly and instead of listening to the teddy bear, I listen to a note and automatically combine on something of my own.

But to create a hero - absolutely. especially when I'm going to write something longer about him, finding the perfect note for a character is almost like ... okay, I don't know how what. As if he had come and introduced himself, he told about himself.
Although sometimes the melodic track is very-very surprising.
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it

Kaikki

Post by Kaikki » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:23 am

Of course I am :) it puts you in the mood only has to go quietly
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Takwir

Post by Takwir » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:23 am

Why quiet? Well, I understand that it can be too loud to disturb, but sometimes it is good if he roars louder, for example during a fight or if the MG has prepared a special piece. As for me, it is only important to be able to hear what other people say or thoughts. I admit that when I'm an MG, I don't let it turn down, even when I'm sitting at the xD speakers.
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:33 am

in our sessions, music was always played quietly so that you could hear the MG and players, your thoughts and imagination, and to keep the atmosphere of fantasy.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Sylfil

Post by Sylfil » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:49 am

It depends on the approach. It is music that helps me feel the atmosphere. The quieter the imagination somehow works worse for me and the emotions a little weaker. Weird somehow xD.
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Murin

Post by Murin » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:39 pm

You know, if we happen to play together, I will remember to pick up the sound by 2 pins
Would you like me to put you out of your misery, before I put you out of your misery?

Veldrin

Post by Veldrin » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:14 pm

It is best to manipulate the music during the session, as long as it does not disturb our attention too much - the operator should know the music he is structuring, know what should fit - as players often do not know what is going to happen well when MG is doing it - and at the right moments, change songs and manipulate their volume, such as, for example, the music on the market square was louder (sounds from some game) than on its edge, aftertost we had to move from among the stalls to talk freely, which was fun and quite atmospheric: D
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...

Irakhash

Post by Irakhash » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:17 pm

I remember a great session where MG played selected Apocalyptica songs for us and adapted them to the right situation, says Zeben. The experience was amazing and it was another stimulus to our imagination. In silence a fool plays ^^ "
Mortals cannot perceive me with the physical eye whilst in my pure form unless it is of my choosing, for it would result in fatality, which begs the question of why you are an exception.

Dangerous

Post by Dangerous » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:58 pm

And I have never played without music;) Always with and with good thistles from games and movies. We have a great sound engineer in the group who knows how to adjust music to a given situation in a session :)
No matter what a woman looks like, if she's confident, she's sexy.

fabulousfreesia

Post by fabulousfreesia » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:04 pm

I wonder who voted for them ...

I played a lot without, in my forest where nothing can be seen, a grove cut off from the world, or in the darkroom by candlelight, I don't know where the guy got the red shining ones ... the red ones that we gave when we played Chaos in Warm�otek . XD in total- nice climate.
But those few with music gave an even better atmosphere, I gave a little bit different, in general I'm for but not crap.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.