Old characters reused

Murin

Old characters reused

Post by Murin » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:18 am

Each of you probably has some old characters from previous sessions. I don't know about you, but our team usually doesn't play more than 3-4 sessions of one campaign. Then the character change, of course, and a new one. Somehow it's so hard to stick to some of them. And the question is, what do you do with the old characters? Do you put them back in a drawer, erase cards, or maybe you ever play with them again? I used to play a nice session with Orion where I met my own character from years ago who lived a normal life and did what I wanted her to do after the old campaign, and since she was very useful, she helped us with the script, of course, not for free. I liked the idea a lot and would love to meet our old characters sometimes in later sessions, because it's such a fun experience to see someone that MG doesn't need to describe, and we know and imagine this NPC as a natural, living person, not a random one bot.
What do you think about it?
Would you like me to put you out of your misery, before I put you out of your misery?

Alfa

Old characters reused

Post by Alfa » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:32 am

Apart from the fact that it is usually fun for the player to meet such a character, it is also usually a convenience for the MG: P does not have to invent a new BN on the fly, but describe something he already knows. Also profit at a low cost, I try to throw something like this from time to time :)

Another thing is that characters often cross when I lead another Warhammer team, after a few years of playing in one team, I already have a large pool of NPCs that I can successfully use in another team :) Well, you need to make it a little easier: P
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.

Devil Baby

Old characters reused

Post by Devil Baby » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:37 am

I often use old characters. And basically one:

Ric Simane the charmer. My first character, who took part in probably 7 sessions and never got a level higher than 6 (and usually ended at level 2-3). I keep using it over and over again, because I want to finally complete some cool xD campaign with this character.
Sell your soul