Tides of Numenara

Triss Merigold

Tides of Numenara

Post by Triss Merigold » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:04 am

After a few hours of playing, I already know one thing. This is not a one-pass game, and this is not a jump game.

I wrote that the world is beautiful. The more I explore (and only run around the city), the more honey I find. Lore snaps from his shoes. The mechanics are also interesting.

We create a character by choosing an archetype, each game seems to be radically different.

: arrow: Glevia, this is a typical pestle. He is the only one who can wear heavy armor with impunity and develop his abilities. Among the diplomatic solutions, it only recognizes intimidation. You can develop it into a tank or a super agile Bladesman. From what I have read, it is the least attractive character in terms of plot. Wot, you go like a cutter and get the fuck off.

: arrow: Jack, here's Rogue One. A character that can be used to complete the game without drawing a weapon (during combat you can try to talk your opponents through!). Mega versatile. You can create a diplomat, a cichociemnego, using magic kiziora zakapiora. When I play for the second time, it will be him for sure.

: arrow: Nano, or something like a magician. A character that I play fucking well with. By playing it, you can feel the world very strongly (btw. Magic is something like using ancient technology). She is the only one who has a fucked up skill called mind probing. Yes, you read your mind. Yes, that makes you a fucking diplomat. Additionally, playing nano is not babysitting a fragile egg for 3/4 of the game, to create an extremely powerful glass cannon at the end (I know, I know, the best tank in PoE is the wizard), but at the beginning you can either talk your opponent over or with the help of ciphers (in the PL version of "enigmaty") to let him down. I recommend it for a start, seriously.

Skills are cool because they are passive and you use them to unlock dialogue options. And the quests and interactions are structured in such a way that if you do not have nimble fingers, there is a chance that you will cope with a kick or knowledge of machinery, for example. However, there is a skill that is worth investing in from the beginning, because it is unique, climatic and generally immersive. This skill is anamnesis, or something like reading from your previous "incarnations". Do you meet insectoid creatures that you need to talk to about completing the quest? Successful anamnesis test and you remember that you actually know their // spell language

As for the companions, you can see at first glance that they are well written and there is basically no such thing as a bad choice of a companion. Each is unique in its own way, each has an interesting history. You get to know all six quite quickly, and you can only choose three for your team. And this is another reason to play the game at least two or three times.

My choice fell on:

1) Erratus, Glevia hearing voices telling him to be heroic // spell
2) Matkina, the paranoid killer. Also a rejection (just like the main character)
3) Rhin, baby. Yes, I have a girl on the team. All he can do is talk to the stones and claim that they are Gods. I did not want to spoil myself, but I heard that for 3/4 of the game it is useless, then it's ok, and at the end it becomes an avatar of wpierdolu // spell

With a heavy heart, I rejected the rest.

Only a few hours of playing and I don't know what to write about. The gameplay actually seems to be structured in such a way that it is relatively easy to avoid brute force solutions. The quests have been made in such a way that they can be completed in several unique ways. In fact, the only thing that doesn't suit me is the inability to customize the characters. You won't change your appearance (except your clothes), you won't change your name (logical, because you don't remember it).

People, get together and play. Because PoE leaks at the same time.
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.

Veldrin

Tides of Numenara

Post by Veldrin » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:47 am

I put your recommended game to the publisher;)
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...

Perv

Tides of Numenara

Post by Perv » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:06 pm

ekhm, I mean, I just threw your hand over my friend in the backyard;)
It's so good being bad

Pensmug

Tides of Numenara

Post by Pensmug » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:33 pm

The game breaks me down.

There's a cannibal cult here. Its members believe that by devouring the bodies of the dead, they take over their knowledge, memories and thus preserve the memory of them. They are often invited to city executions to devour the bodies of executed criminals: -o

There is also an ancient broken mining machine, a foreman. She is obsessed with the desire to have children of her own. The rejectionist is commissioned to figure out how to do this ... and how to "give birth". To do this, he has to go to a very specific researcher of procreative behavior // spell

And this is just the beginning
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.

Takwir

Tides of Numenara

Post by Takwir » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:23 pm

I also supported the project on Kickstarter. Yesterday I logged in to the website to receive the key. It turned out that it had already been used ... by a person logging in to Russian Federation: D Support reacted quickly - I got a new key and the game has already been downloaded.

I hope to play a little tomorrow. I'm also going to play this Nano - from what I've read, almost everyone starts with this class. Do you still play it so well, Spellu?
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Dangerous

Tides of Numenara

Post by Dangerous » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:23 pm

Very cool, although I manage to avoid most conflicts or resolve them diplomatically.
No matter what a woman looks like, if she's confident, she's sexy.

Kaikki

Tides of Numenara

Post by Kaikki » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:12 pm

I chose a very similar team, but I hesitate between Erritis and Aligern. If they were both gulls, I wouldn't even think about it, because Erritis has a fucked-up character --_- Meanwhile, I think how much Aligern (who's cool) can come out as a tank.
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Matsui

Tides of Numenara

Post by Matsui » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:00 pm

The dialogue between Erritis and Mother is worth considering this option: P
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Alfa

Tides of Numenara

Post by Alfa » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:54 pm

Another thing that I don't like is the design of the armor and weapons. Seriously, it could be done both strange and nice, and it's just strange: /

On the other hand, the farther into the plot and lore, the better.
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.

Murin

Tides of Numenara

Post by Murin » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:00 pm

Numenera certainly gives screenwriters more freedom than Planescape. The world here is more diverse and ambiguous. And it seems to be deeper and perhaps less sweet-colored than DnD. And with each subsequent task it gets more and more interesting.

As always, the first time I play Mother Teresa, which does not run away from wpierdol, i.e. gold-blue-indigo nugget. 2/3 of conflicts are resolved amicably, 1/3 end by bottlenecks. I turn all the evil in the world to dust.

And I must admit that there are neither unequivocally good nor unequivocally bad companions here. However, I would say that they are shifted towards the positive qualities, at least in depth everyone seems to be. Well, I don't know how to Call, she can be a cold calculating female dog. Matkina is definitely neutral enough to eventually swallow being a son of a bitch. But Rhin is all goodness. Aligern is a bitter stiff with a strong moral backbone. Tybir is a good-natured dodger. Erritis wants fame, only in the Paladinian sense. Therefore, although they can probably be drawn to the dark side, at least at first glance they do not seem to fit it.
Would you like me to put you out of your misery, before I put you out of your misery?