Might and Magic

Takwir

Might and Magic

Post by Takwir » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:44 pm

I have always found the seven better. Shorter, better mechanics, arcomage, better plot, same atmosphere. For me, it's almost the best role-playing game ever.
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Leriel

Might and Magic

Post by Leriel » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:08 pm

Six. Longer, fewer classes (and less restrictions), the whole world available at once, more atmospheric locations and dungeons. The only drawback is the lack of a card game.
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Ciliren

Might and Magic

Post by Ciliren » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:12 pm

How did you build the team in "Might & Magic 6"? What skills to start with? Who did you hire to help? How do you cope with city orientation? Which Guild is worth joining? Maybe some tips for the beginning of the game?
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it

Sylfil

Might and Magic

Post by Sylfil » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:19 pm

Paladin, Archer, Cleric, Mage.
One thing. It is important to start with body magic, archery, trap disarming, air and water magic.
Someone who gives a bonus to earnings (preferably + 20%), someone who shortens the journey - first on horseback, then by ship. This gives you more time.
The first step - horseshoes from the stable. The second - a scroll of flying from the wall of the bank. Third - horseshoes from the island next to the obelix. Fourth - teleport to Dragonsad, get a bonus and escape to the NWC. There, grab some useful gear, take the day of the gods and come back. Further down the hill.
To all.
1) Get bows from Castle Ironfist.
2) Visit the prophet and get information about the month.
3) Go to the Mist. Save the lady from oppression.
4) After promotion, you pay more for training.
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Matsui

Might and Magic

Post by Matsui » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:55 pm

Instead of the Paladin, I took the Knight (tradition). Magic of Air and Water - I do not have. I took: Archery and Identification.
Disarming Traps and Perception has the Archer.
I hired a doll that gives the entire team at least 20% Luck.
It is a pity that it is impossible to make your own notes on the map, for example which master where he lives.
In the vicinity of New Sorpigal, I placed the Goblins without any problems. They had a few nice boxes of gear to start with. // spell

Is the distribution of bonus points when creating a character more important? If so, what to whom and how many?
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Woland

Might and Magic

Post by Woland » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:44 pm

The knight has 4 life points from each point of athletics. A paladin a little less. Instead, it has 3 magic schools suitable for a priest. Take, don't die.
To do this, train in a sword and spear, and an archer in a sword and ax.

Air is essential for flight and the eye. Water - walking on water (also necessary at the beginning - in BB, where there are cannibals).

Beginning :
Power - for medium / high fighters (one should be 25).
Intelligence - for those using elemental magic high (mage 25), the rest minimum.
Personality - for priesthood magic high (cleric max), the rest minimum.
Endurance - medium / high.
Speed / Accuracy - Don't move.
Happiness - the minimum of everyone.

Onirke

Might and Magic

Post by Onirke » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:33 pm

Ku�wa, I disregarded cobras twice and I died many times, although nothing foreshadowed it ... // spell
The game is great, very extensive ("Morrowind" is not worth licking its "boots") and extremely atmospheric. Before that, I played the seventh (three times) and the eighth (once).
The only minor drawbacks are: cumbersome controls that cannot be changed and the inability to enter your own notes on the city map. It would be best if during the "raid" / click on the map of a location, it would immediately show who lives in a given household, at least the most important people, because I sometimes get lost. :-)
I do not know about other systems, while on Vista the game is unstable and can sometimes "crash".
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Devil Baby

Might and Magic

Post by Devil Baby » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:40 am

On other systems (XP) it runs like gold.
As for the controls - you have a patch that runs continuously.
Sell your soul

Irakhash

Might and Magic

Post by Irakhash » Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:02 am

How did you deal with "crouching" on a regular basis, which individual dealing with teaching a given specialization or commissioning a task in a given city lives ... where does he live? In other words: what "teaching aids" did you use? :-P

Was there a guide in any computer magazine containing a description of the individual locations in "M&M 6"? //thinks

Which patch includes the ability to run continuously and where is it safe to download?
Mortals cannot perceive me with the physical eye whilst in my pure form unless it is of my choosing, for it would result in fatality, which begs the question of why you are an exception.

Veldrin

Might and Magic

Post by Veldrin » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:19 am

I remember that I drew maps of each town and put information on them :)
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...