The Elder Scrolls

Devil Baby

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Devil Baby » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:07 pm

It does for me. I play with medium details (and every now and then I have two or three seconds of stagnation) but the game looks beautiful. After climbing near the waterfall, I stopped to admire the area. Previously, only Morrowind amazed me with the look of the RPG.
Yes and no. Stomping for the sake of stalking is pointless, boring and frustrating (although fewer creatures attack during this). There are dragons to find and slaughter (which is a step forward for Oblivion - walking through these plans after the third is no longer fun) and cheers to complete, but it's much better to go on a quest. Except that there is their mass, the mass is scattered and long. A chance meeting with the guy may result in penetrating long dungeons, right now.
Deczka irritates me guild in one place and tasks, even simple, scattered around the world (entitled steal one thing, but on the other side of the map). But did I mention that the quests are long and interesting?
What does the spell of vampirism do? Where to find deadry (and deader items?)
For now, I am going to the thief (because the pickpocketing almost all of itself jumped on 100) focused on a bow and a club (I have one nice from one of the bad guys, it was cool), supported by restoration. But recently I've started playing blacksmithing and conjuring - they jump in quickly. What's better - dragon stuff or deader stuff?
And what level are you playing on? I started with the master, but after some time I had to go down to the expert. Then, being quite strong, I was walking calmly through the wilderness, when a bandit killed me with two blows. Declined by one, plays pretty well, but it's starting to get too easy so I'll probably go back to the expert.
Sell your soul

Sylfil

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Sylfil » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:35 pm

You mean the vastness of the world. "TES" has set a record in this discipline and impresses with the machine. But the engine itself is not outstanding by today's standards. Pay attention to details, compare the textures and details with those from "The Witcher 2". For example, look at the faces of the npcs closely.
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Perv

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Perv » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:27 pm

I hear it is like that with every class. The initial difficulties after level 20-30 turn into nonchalant membering of enemies. Unfortunately ... Even "Morrowind" wasn't that far in this regard.

From Nolaiff's diary: I'm playing a Viking Nord with a dual wield, so far two axes, and it looks cool, but ... You can't block what's going to survive, because enemy attacks can be avoided. The worst thing is that you can't do a double hit while jumping, so you have to hit with one paw and then quickly with both. It's still a bit difficult for me, but I want to get to the end this way. I play the master of course, so sometimes it goes like blood from my nose. And the action is good again, the series has returned to "Morrowind" horror. It is true that I preferred that number of skills, but the local perks allow you to turn a blind eye to it. Overall it is bullish.

And the basic question ... Imperial or Thunderer?
It's so good being bad

Poison Ivy

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Poison Ivy » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:14 am

I haven't played the witcher two yet, I haven't even seen her.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Vanity Fair

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Vanity Fair » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:32 am

I fired my second character, got 53 levels in two days and it didn't make sense either.

I made myself a magician, and I really try not to munchkin.
Well, but when I sell a double firebolt with magus, only fire guts fly around. A buddy claims that a double fireball and with the option of unbalancing and you can kill a dragon with a few shots.

Btw. For the Imperials, the plot is as boring as oiled tripe. I assume that for thunderbolts as well. Companions and the Academy have not been done yet. I am going to build the Academy with Magus and traditionally GZ and MB. Because quests are fun.

I avoid blacksmithing and enchanting and alchemy because that's what leveling myself up, hey.

In the game, I am irritated by the residual interaction between the factions. It was a hundred times better in New Vegas. And it was already total when I killed the emperor and then started the plot for the emperors. Before entering the recruiting quarters, some NPC soldier was raving something that I had been seen over and over on the day of the Emperor's death. And what? And they accepted me without any problems: P Total absurdity. In Skyrim, they only react when you fly without clothes. But for imperials it is not a problem that I run in thunderbolt armor or vice versa ...

Ba. Already in Morrowind there was a requirement to be able to do tasks for the legion, you had to have legion armor ...
All is vanity, nothing is fair

Matsui

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Matsui » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:10 am

True, true. In New Vegas, as the faction armor was dressed, the other faction did not like you right away and the armor faction could shoot you for impersonating. In Skyrim, only the guards react to the armor, but also only with comments. As for me, they should arrest the player on the spot for parading in thieves guild armor (Nightingale armor is great!). Or at least to treat somehow worse ...
Overall, I have the impression that the game was released on speedy or they focused too much on dragons to refine the crap. Oblivion was maybe boring, but it was polished, pampered and more transparent (I will omit the Inventory :)).

Currently I did quests for Thieves and Companions, lvl 31. As you can see, I'm not in a hurry :) Now it's time for Dark Brotherhood. I wonder if there will be at least one quest better than Oblivion with the ala Big Brother doc
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Takwir

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Takwir » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:35 am

You have to count that the mods will improve it. The game had great potential, but it was a bit wasted. Nevertheless, I like her anyway.
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Anansi

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Anansi » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:38 am

Bethesda AGAIN showed no inner interaction. The only thing you can count on are npc comments. I can't understand it - to develop such a brilliant game world and not take a few more moments to script the above dependencies. Why? WHY?!

Still, the still blinded genius and wealth of Skyrim, I hardly bother me. Especially since I was fasting all of Oblivion. I can confidently say that this is the most beautiful continent in the series, but it is precisely in this respect that Bethesda is moving forward in every part. You get the impression that the graphics engine has not been developed much, and yet the difference is considerable. You can see it especially in the animation.
The only time I have played the "bad" character in this series, on the side of Morag Tong of Morrowind. I have to admit that I run paladin mode in every RPG. Likewise this time. I already know that Skyrim is too small for Dark Brotherhood and a Texas Ranger like me. And then it's time for the Thieves Guild ...
Everybody going to be dead one day, just give them time

Devil Baby

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Devil Baby » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:10 am

Paladin mode in any cRPG is very default - game developers usually create a story for such characters in the first place, and they focus on other options when they have time (and usually they don't). So with a paladin like that, usually the most sacrifice of the game is to discover what's the most exciting the first time.

I am reading those opinions about Skyrim of yours and in general my enthusiasm has cooled down.
Sell your soul

Hawking

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Hawking » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:24 am

Really? It always seemed to me that the plots for evil characters are somehow more polished.
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen Hawking.