The Elder Scrolls

fabulousfreesia

The Elder Scrolls

Post by fabulousfreesia » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:37 am

Man, just like houses or beautiful-looking items are not useful. But you see - some people pay attention to such trifles (me, for example) and enjoy galloping proudly on a horse through Cyrodiil. Anyway, there is full freedom in this matter - you don't want to, you don't use it. The same is true of fast travel, which some also have reservations about. The reluctant ones stay away from it, and it brings joy to a few. The wolf is full and the sheep are whole.
As for level-scaling, it pisses me off for a simple reason. Why are super-powerful creatures suddenly appearing in places where just a peasant could walk safely? And also those "ordinary and average roadside bandits" in a full plate, with a fiery hammer. Well well...
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Irakhash

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Irakhash » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:30 am

In fact, there are less guilds than in Morrowind. But it's not as bad as you say. I play a self-made class that is somewhat between a thief and a warrior, and yet I successfully do assignments for the Mhrochny Brotherhood and the Mages Guild. In general, sentences are structured so that they can be executed independently of the o_O class.
Besides, in Oblivion, instead of the Temple, there are "daedra quests", nice thing all in all, but you have to do some work for Fr.
Mortals cannot perceive me with the physical eye whilst in my pure form unless it is of my choosing, for it would result in fatality, which begs the question of why you are an exception.

Perv

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Perv » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:05 am

I only played Morrowind and I must admit that this is one of the best games. Of course, it is not without flaws, because even if the main plot is monstrously short, and the world itself could be more populated with creatures. Nevertheless, the second disadvantage, as well as all others, can be repaired by the abundant mods. I especially like one introducing dragons and other beasts, one introducing children and a balmora house; D But let's go back to the basic version. Great tasks, fantastic graphics, it made you want to throw everything and explore, which I have done more than once. You could find amazing places that had nothing to do with any quest or story, but were downright divine. at least that was my impression. There might be more guilds, but the ones that used to be provided a lot of entertainment and fun. And the Thieves' Guild was the best, the most difficult and the most interesting; D At least in my opinion :) I wish there were more races, although there weren't enough of them anyway. Everyone could find the perfect one for themselves, and if not, the mods were messing around again. The music was chosen perfectly, the overall setting of the world was great and atmospheric. Overall, I think Morrowind plus a few mods is a world championship that continues to amaze until now. Maybe I will mention what mods, or rather what I added to myself. Unfortunately, I am not able to name their names anymore. Well, I populated the world with new monsters, added a house, added children, a mod that makes the hero have to eat and drink - otherwise he will die, and enriched the merchants. With these mods, the game became perfect for me in every way, far surpassing Gothic, its biggest competitor.
It's so good being bad

Poison Ivy

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Poison Ivy » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:53 am

I played two games in The Elder Scrolls series - Morrowinda and Oblivion.

I only started Morrowind because it was bundled with my graphics card. I launched and since then I have become a cRPG lover: mrgreen: I was shocked by the size of the world, water reflections in Seyda Neen, the number of books to read (I always "appropriated" a house in Balmora and stored xD books there) and the number of guilds. My favorite things were the Thieves Guild, the cult of Tamriel, and the House of Telvania. The main quest itself was not addictive, but that's not what the Elder Scrolls games are about;)
Vvardenfell also makes a good impression - in the south-west we have swampy areas, in the east we have pastures and in the center volcanic areas - there is a lot of variety, and there are plenty of cities, villages and huts scattered everywhere;) My favorite cities are Seyda Neen, Ebonheart and Ald- Ruhn.
A very large number of items, various types of armor (my favorite glass armor: mrgreen:
There were a bit too few models of opponents - but one will always remain in my memory - shrieker: -? It's so annoying - it appears out of nowhere and it's hard to hit: roll:
The music is great, I can still hum the main theme and that's something;)

I waited impatiently for Oblivion - after all, Morrowind is still one of my favorite role-playing games. Has it met my expectations? Not completely.
GRaphically, the game looks very good even now. The same is the musical setting - it keeps the Morrwind level. But this time the main quest is even more trivial, we have fewer guilds to choose from, and some of them, such as the Arena, are just boring.
Only the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild deserve praise.
You can finally ride a horse - it's a big plus for me;) You can also have houses in each city and furnish them. The only drawback is that there are not so many cities and they are ... uninteresting. I guess I preferred the swampiness of Vvardenfell to the imperialism of Cyrodiil;)
Another very big disadvantage for me is level-scalling // writers
It spoils the game a lot, especially since we no longer have the satisfaction that as a high-level hero, we kill rats with one swipe of the sword.
But luckily Oblivion's strength lies in something else - mods - you can find extensive stories, interesting items, fix level-scalling (or rather remove it), change the look of your inventory, and more.
Overall I wasn't charmed by Oblivion - I'd rather play Morrowind or launch Bethesda's newer Fallout 3;)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Gor

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Gor » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:02 am

I played Oblivion for a while - even, but it didn't buy me. But from my first contact with Morrowind, I knew this was it.
Until now, I have a mixture of love and hate for him. Love - because it's one of the best and biggest cRPG games I've played (not even counting mods), and hate ... well, being kicked into the system is standard in this game.
Eh, there are so many nice memories with her that there would not be enough to tell the day.
There was only gold, and power, and the bodies of women, and steel.

Leriel

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Leriel » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:46 am

Morrowind "is not up to the heels of such productions as" Might & Magic 7 "," M & M 8 "," Baldur's Gate "," Fallout 1 "," Fallout 2 "or" Icewind Dale "...

I've been playing "Morrowind" for a long time and I would never want to play it again.
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Sylfil

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Sylfil » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:47 am

The first time I played Morrowind for 5 months without changing the game. Less and less each time, but with great pleasure each time. And as for the titles you mentioned, you can confidently argue.
Mighty - while part 6 rules and 7 only gives it a bit, 8 is already a reheated cutlet that barely tastes good.
BG - let me just say that I played 1 for a while, then I went through 2 with the addition and I am not going to come back because it is ... weak.
F1 / 2 - these are good games, yes. On par with Morrowind. F3 is also good :)
Icewind Dale - I like them but sorry, ASX, but it's just simple chaff. They're fun to play, but it's not the weight. Morro eats all of them here (except Fallout, I think).
BTW why didn't you replace Planescape Torment?
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Kaikki

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Kaikki » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:19 am

..because I knew you would do it for me. ;)

Three dots after "Icewind Dale" were to let you know that this is not the end of the list.
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Alfa

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Alfa » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:02 am

I had a long affair with Oblivion, and somehow I don't know what to make of it. I devoted some time to him, enough time to get to know him, but not to pass (and the islands from the expansion didn't even move), I visited a lot of the world, I visited a few Oblivions (great locations) but after several dozen hours I got bored. Some of the solutions were improved (such as skill levels), some were burned (raising the level of enemies - it's hard to find the right value of the slider, so that it is not too easy, but also that the fight with the best weapon and packed vampire force with a goblin does not last 5 minutes), for some I am ambivalent (limited amount of learning per level, system of awarding points for promotion). I also have mixed feelings about quests - they've built them up - well overall, but they can be annoying and no-go-no-go. But there are also a few gems, such as treasure hunting in a locked house.
Overall it was fun, but there is no new love.
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.

Triss Merigold

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Triss Merigold » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:35 am

and I recently got out of it: mrgreen: cool atmosphere, the creators of Alice in Wonderland must have watched / read in various sweet-horror versions 8)
Overall I got hooked by Oblivion ... I am a master of everything ... I have a lot of quests behind me, so I can finally get down to the main plot of xP
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.