Xcom

Veldrin

Xcom

Post by Veldrin » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:58 am

Say something more.
For now, I am struggling with the funds. I gave up the bodies with the satellites at the beginning and now I'm catching up.
But I have a nice team - two assault ladies, performing aggressive reconnaissance; when needed, they quickly shorten the distance and load them with shotguns from the attachment. In addition, the support of two snipers (one is poorly made, the other has two shots), although they are the main cleaning force. And the other two are support and heavy, who are doing more for decorations now. And I'm waiting for psi powers.
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...

Onirke

Xcom

Post by Onirke » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:57 am

I rarely use double specializations apart from support; my standard team was asphalt, heavy, sniper, two supports (one for treatment and overwatches, one sprinter for taking objects and catching reports), one MEC for sniper and one for asphalt. Snipers (especially without an overwatch after the move) were just too slow for me, hell, even the heavy ones often couldn't keep up. On the other hand, if you play with the expansion, it is worth making a sniper with pistol ability to send him to covert operations (only pistols and grenades, unfortunately) - it is not as effective as a support sprinter, but has a chance to bite if the team leaves him alone.
Asphalters as a scout quickly lose to support with camouflage and ghost armor that knocks their faces with mobility - shotguns, even with R&G and two shots, rarely give confidence to shoot the opponent at a greater range, asphalt is most effective once it enters the recognized area and there is a chance to set it up well .
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Ciliren

Xcom

Post by Ciliren » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:10 pm

Ha, I'm going for the second time in flight, this time with totally random settings: weapons deal random damage, recruits have random stats and get random bonuses (including random skills) when you level up - and the game has turned a blush to sit down. The very question of having asphalt with Suppression because he didn't get anything more sensible, or getting thin manas for three shots because we were rolling only balls for damage - miodzio. Losses are increasing, I have snipers with Aim 50 and grenades have become the most important equipment because they deal constant damage. It's fun // slina.
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it

Pensmug

Xcom

Post by Pensmug » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:02 pm

Finished my first UFO invasion. It was a walk, although the game in the last mission played a trick on me and raised the bar - 4 commandos could have entered the last game and not one more. It was unfortunate that my volunteer, who was also a super awkward canine-powered sniper, stayed in the corridor outside and no loading of savs helped. So without psi support, at the end of the first round, additional creatures appeared and were taking over 75% of my team. The solution was not to let the turn end. Rocket plus massive fire and we watch the outro.
And then the second round with the bonus on a higher difficulty level.
First mission - 1 corpse, 2 seriously injured (for 30 days), soldiers immediately panic ...
Somehow the urge to repeat it, especially since summoning Sid and the rest of the epic crew disables achievements.
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.

fabulousfreesia

Xcom

Post by fabulousfreesia » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:12 pm

Right now I'm playing number one. Difficulty level - classic, I'm a bad strategist, I wouldn't be able to play in ironman mode in my life. It's fun, but it's getting a little monotonous, but I think I'm closer to the end ... At least I hope so, because I started investing in satellites too late and already 6 countries have left my advice.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Matsui

Xcom

Post by Matsui » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:15 pm

I have returned to the first X-Com and am unflaggingly impressed. This game only makes sense after you turn on the total randomness of the game (kru�wa, I have a sniper with Lightning Reflexes and a hate with Sprinter, there is // orc power). Shooting sectoids three times because we just forged three damage shots also gives the game an unforgettable flavor (and three shots are something that happens to me nine times out of ten). I got hooked.
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Woland

Xcom

Post by Woland » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:30 pm

I have never played

Irakhash

Xcom

Post by Irakhash » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:03 pm

A nice thing, quite simple on the level of a tactical bum, but there is enough depth in this simplicity to make the game a bit of fun. On the other hand, at the level of the budget and panic management, it turns into a CEO's nightmare.
Mortals cannot perceive me with the physical eye whilst in my pure form unless it is of my choosing, for it would result in fatality, which begs the question of why you are an exception.

Vanity Fair

Xcom

Post by Vanity Fair » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:32 pm

Such a Jagged Alliance with a rather primitive strategos
All is vanity, nothing is fair

Murin

Xcom

Post by Murin » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:05 pm

No, it's a tactical turn-based game with a well-done management; in the tactical layer we have a team leadership, at a higher level we have a little balancing of the budget - our anti-trust organization is financed by contributions from member states, and depending on how we care about deufocation in their territory, they may cut our funds or even withdraw from cooperation altogether if they reach conclusion that they throw money down the drain. The whole game is simple enough not to be tinkering with a spreadsheet and complex enough to have something more than just mindless clicking - for me the perfect balance for a Sunday afternoon.
Would you like me to put you out of your misery, before I put you out of your misery?