Diablo

Triss Merigold

Diablo

Post by Triss Merigold » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:22 pm

In D3 I have already spent over 300 hours and still not much.
I admit that at the beginning I bounced off her - I had neither patience for serial killing nor luck for drops, and after punching lvl 60 I lacked a goal that I could pursue. Then patch 1.0.4 came out, which weakened the inferno a bit, but by introducing the receipt system and improving the drops made me want to play again. And soaked up. The next patch (with ubers and monster power levels 0-10), which was released in October, is just a joy to play.
I think that Diablo 3 in its current development stage is a very good (albeit mean) game and you want to play it. I am looking forward to the pvp system.
I wonder what doesn't suit you in Diablo 3? Of course, except that it's not Diablo 2? xD
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.

fabulousfreesia

Diablo

Post by fabulousfreesia » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:31 pm

Hmm ... I have the same in WoW, but with a very well-developed pvp? //panda
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Takwir

Diablo

Post by Takwir » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:42 am

- small characters and monsters, which is especially noticeable when playing on smaller screens
- poor equipment appearance (poverty squeaks)
- no dark climate (it's so shitty)
- no possibility to distribute statistics independently
- hardware requirements
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Onirke

Diablo

Post by Onirke » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:54 am

Most of the accusations are nonsense (the characters are not smaller than in the two, the equipment looks better, the climate is awesome ...) - only the last two can be considered justified.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Poison Ivy

Diablo

Post by Poison Ivy » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:03 am

What is your monitor's diagonal?

I like the look of the items in "Diablo 2" much more. Also skill trees.

But ... it is possible that if I played longer, I would see more advantages in the third installment.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Irakhash

Diablo

Post by Irakhash » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:32 am

I admit that I expected various accusations, but I would never have thought of such Oo. Until now, I was convinced that the size of characters, monsters is ... em ... standard. And I don't know how small the monitor must be for it to actually be disturbing.
These are the tastes. Ok, I understand, you may not like it. For me, D2 was "too dark" and D3 is just right. And we can argue like this until morning.
This ability to allocate stats as you please had its charm. Remember, however, that in D2 there were builds that split points, and this had the same effect as the automatic splitting of D3 stats. If you haven't experimented with characters, this freedom of choice was apparent. In D3, you play with skill settings and runes selection. It is true that a lot of different builds have been created, but you can ignore them and create something yourself;).
Okay, that could also be a problem. However, I know from experience that this game runs smoothly even on weaker hardware. My computer is 5 years old, it hasn't had any upgrades. It only crops when you load a location for the first time (which is normal) and sometimes when there are a lot of enemies and a lot of effects generated by me and my teammates at once. In addition, I played with a damaged graphics card for a month. If it wasn't for the short pendants that happened from time to time, I would still be convinced that everything is fine with my card.
Mortals cannot perceive me with the physical eye whilst in my pure form unless it is of my choosing, for it would result in fatality, which begs the question of why you are an exception.

Kaikki

Diablo

Post by Kaikki » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:57 am

The war between Hell and Heaven is in full swing. In addition, there is a rebellion in Hell. Four lesser demons, Duriel, Andariel, Belial and Azmodan, chased Diablo, Mephisto and Baal, the current rulers, to the Sanctuary, the human world. Wherever the exiles appeared, they sowed death and destruction. Eventually, a group of mages, led by the archangel Tyrael, succeeded in imprisoning the Hell Trinity in the mighty Soul Gems. Diablo was trapped deep in the catacombs beneath a monastery in the town of Tristram and was guarded there for centuries. Unfortunately, the monastery began to fall into disrepair, and people forgot about the Evil that was so close to them. Eventually, Diablo took Archbishop Lazarus's mind by force of will and made him his servant. Lazarus brought King Leoric's son to the catacombs, and Diablo took his body and began preparing the army to conquer the surface. This is where the player steps in. More specifically, he comes to Tristram to stop Diablo. This is what the plot of the first Diablo (super shortened version) looks like, for those who don't know it and for those who have forgotten. The player has a choice of three characters: a Warrior from the lands of Khanduras, an Archer (or better: a Rogue - in the second, Diablo is such cool women with bows in the first act that can accompany us) and a Mage (Vizjerei clan). There are only three characters, the choice does not affect the story in any way, but playing each of them requires a completely different approach.
Considering the fact that the game cannot run, a fighter can have a lot of trouble defeating ranged enemies, but he can handle melee enemies without any problems. Of course, he "does" best with swords, axes and other ironwork, but he does not use spells too much, and shoots a bow on average. However, it should be remembered that the best armor and weapons are intended for the Warrior. A warrior can repair damaged equipment.
The archer is my favorite character. It fires a bow faster than Legolas and Robin Hood combined, plus it has unlimited arrows so you can go crazy. Unfortunately, when she uses a bow, she is more vulnerable to blows because she does not have a shield. However, whenever there was a close combat, I quickly changed my weapon to a sword / mace / anything else for melee combat and a shield and I fought this way, because the Archer is doing quite well with all types of one-handed weapons such as swords, clubs, etc. The Archer's special ability is trap detection.
The last character is the Mage. It is not a beginner figure. The guy has a lot of survival problems at first, because of his hopeless fighting skills and a very small amount of health points. However, once more powerful spells are acquired, the Mage wreaks havoc! Really, I would not like my poor Archer to fight a level Mage ... Mages have the ability to regenerate charges in magic staffs.
From the graphics side, the game looks average as for today, but for me (and not only for me), the graphics in the first Diablo are much more readable than in the two. Nicely done Tristram village, characters and monsters. I have a reservation only for some levels of dungeons and the appearance of all things on the characters. Unfortunately, this is not Diablo 2, where each shield or sword looks completely different on our figure. In this game, there are only three types of character appearance depending on the type of armor you are wearing (light, medium, heavy), but you must admit that each of them (especially the last) is pleasing to the eye.
The sound and music setting deserves special attention. The sounds have been prepared really neatly, while the music is a real gem, making the dark atmosphere even more terrible and shivering down your spine. Many newer productions can envy Diablo's climate and the so-called "replayability", i.e. making the player want to play with the same character from the beginning (thus increasing its level and gaining artifacts) or check another class in battle.
Unfortunately, the biggest disadvantage of the game is its length. It takes from several to several hours to finish a game with one character. Diablo is a great game to relax and take a break from complicated story games like Planescape: Torment or Morrowind (although these are, of course, outstanding titles). Diablo is the best representative (despite the passage of time) action-RPG / hash'n'slash, the climate far surpasses the Dungeon Siege series or even its younger (albeit very good) brother.
Pros:
+ climate
+ music
+ draws in as little as any title
+ a large number of items
Minuses:
- short
- few side quests
My rating: 9.5 / 10
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Matsui

Diablo

Post by Matsui » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:11 am

After Diablo was released, players expected an expansion pack. Blizzard, however, did not rush to this task, focusing on other projects. So Sierra, the company responsible for such hits as Gabriel Knight or Betrayal at Krondor, started working on the Diablo expansion. In 1997, Hellfire saw the light of day.
Of course, the plot has not undergone any significant changes. Our main enemy is still Diablo, but we also have to kill another Demon: Na-Krul. To do this, we have to go to two new locations: the Nests and the Crypt. And here, unfortunately, the first and, fortunately, the only "scratch" appeared. Immediately after entering the Nest, you can see that completely different people were making this addition. The graphics are much uglier in these locations. In addition, the Nest itself divided the players. It looks like a colony of aliens from the Alien movie series. And the monsters that inhabit them resemble aliens straight from science fiction movies and do not hide their intentions towards Earthlings, which are by no means friendly. However, it must be admitted that the location, despite the poor graphics, has its own atmosphere, which, however, not everyone has to like. After passing the Nest, we have access to a new location: the Vault. This one is much more similar to what the original Diablo offers us, i.e. a gloomy gothic mood. We also fight monsters straight from fantasy, not sci-fi. Here, too, we will face Na-Krul, whose goal is to gather power and defeat Diablo himself. He must be prevented from doing so!
In addition to two locations, of course, we get new items, as well as new spells (e.g. Apocalypse, which Diablo uses himself, which attacks all the monsters around, regardless of their resistances, or Mana Shield, which regenerates mana). However, these are not so important things to be dealt with any longer, the most important thing is that Hellfire gives us three new characters! The first is the Monk. A very strange character, extremely difficult to drive, many players do not like him. The monk is much better at rag and fighting with his bare fists than with a large sword and plate armor. But that's its nature. I think it's a pretty good cross between a Warrior and a Mage. Monks find hidden items easier - this is their special skill. The second character (hidden by the game developers, at the end of the review I give info on how to reveal it) is Bard. She looks like an Archer, but fights completely different. Her specialty is combat with two weapons! Despite the fact that she is exposed to blows, she deals incredible damage while wielding two weapons. He can also identify magic items. The third figure, also hidden, is a barbarian. He looks like a Warrior, but he is definitely stronger and tougher than him, and in addition, he can raise these stats by falling into a frenzy. The downside of the barbarian is that this character's Energy points are 0. ZERO! They can only be picked up with items! However, it makes up for this by gaining 1% resistance per level.
It is also worth adding that we can play on three difficulty levels: Normal, Nightmare and Hell. And it is from the very beginning! Of course, they differ in the strength and endurance of the monsters, as well as the quality of the items, just like in the other Diablo.
Hellfire is a great addition to Diablo, without which I cannot imagine playing this game. Every Diablo fan must have it in the collection.
Pros:
+ new spells, monsters and items
+ three new character classes
+ two new locations
+ additional tasks
Minuses:
- graphics in new locations
Promised tip:
Open the command.txt file in the game folder. and enter in it:
cowquest - new hidden quest;
theoquest - as above;
multitest - you can play online;
barbariantest - you can play barbarian;
bardtest - you can play bard.
The line must look like this:
cowquest; theoquest; bardtest; barbariantest
My grade: 8.5 / 10
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Vataes

Diablo

Post by Vataes » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:47 am

After three days of playing D3 I have a speedrun demon hunter for something around the 30th master level and 22 lev of a nun, whom I slowly get to know the world and the plot.
So far it looks good, it hurts me a bit that we have a small option to choose features and skills, but in fact it was a character for a specific build. There are also a lot of possibilities. On the one hand, it's cool, I do wow all the time, that's how you can, but on the other hand it's hard to find your way around it, especially when the screen is full of monsters.
In general - so far I do not regret it.
Every time you take one path, you must live with the memory of the other: of a life left unchosen.

Pensmug

Diablo

Post by Pensmug » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:33 am

Well, there is a piece of the most enjoyable (at least for me) part of the game ahead of you, i.e. dressing the characters up to a very good level. In fact, I still play, the most around the start of the season, because then the more fed up I am, the less I want to play xD. I spent just over 100h with my nun this season and I am enormously happy with this character - the build for seven-sided strike and 0 critical chance is damn satisfying - as long as you love explosions.

And just out of curiosity - did you farm the hunter yourself, did someone help you? xD
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.