Total War

Pensmug

Total War

Post by Pensmug » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:00 am

After a hard struggle, I installed Medieval II - if not for my broken disk, I could even give most of the stuff on high;)
I was naively hoping that they had improved a little AI since Rome, but I was completely wrong - the computer starts the Battle of Hastings by lining up half of its troops, losing its historical advantage entirely (shield wall). Then it's even more interesting - he arranges a few units in a cross, and then after a short skirmish it moves down the slope towards my spear wall. And every next battle I won by killing the enemy general who attacked with my cavalry on his back. As I transformed the campaign part into Rome Total War (it was enough for me that AI could not cope with me with 1500 people advantage ...), I will limit myself to online battles with users of this forum
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.

Brerg

Total War

Post by Brerg » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:36 am

Medieval 2 - it is a game or rather a base for modders. What Modders do with this game are simply: Miracle Honey and Peanuts in One.
Not all are error-free, but what fans of the "total War" series have done with the latest installment are still doing it beautifully.
Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain.

Eredin

Total War

Post by Eredin » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:21 am

Hey people. I downloaded medieval II but somehow I can't play POLAND. apparently you need to modify a file but I can't find out anywhere. Does anyone know what to do because playing mdievala in other countries is a sin. POLAND.
Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today

Triss Merigold

Total War

Post by Triss Merigold » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:28 am

to unblock Poland, for example, go to the folder in Medieval II Total War / data / world / maps / campaign / imperial_campaig n

and we are looking for a file named: descr_strat
After opening, we transfer the country from
end
unlockable

down
campaign
playable
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.

fabulousfreesia

Total War

Post by fabulousfreesia » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:33 am

Finally ... Empire: Total war. Today I installed, went through tutorials and play fictionalized campaigns. Controlling the infantry and ships is very simple and the graphics are at a high level, it's just a pity that all the people have identical faces, but somehow they will survive. Overall a great game, but Steam where you need an account is a failure, crap, crap.

Universe at war - I just started but you can see the game is not new. Graphics are average but the game itself is fine
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Dangerous

Total War

Post by Dangerous » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:26 am

After much thought, I was able to unlock the possibility of reinstalling Empire: Total War (I remembered on which email account I created my steam XD account). I finished the prestigious campaign with Poles. In 1799 I had two million gold, prestige in ch ... means a lot, and my empire stretched from Spain to Scandinavia, to Italy, Africa, the Middle East and the northern half of India, to Bangladesh. And the whole technology tree.

Now, when I have a moment, I am starting the Marack Confederation. In fifteen years I have conquered all of India and have already reached Afghanistan. I plan to come to Great Britain;) Overall fun and relaxing game. It's nice to look at the regiment's ranged combat, defensive assaults (mortars hidden behind units usually force the enemy to leave safe walls and carry out a counterattack). In my immediate plans I am sharpening my teeth in addition to DoW II, the opponent is traditionally Chaos. We'll see how it goes.
No matter what a woman looks like, if she's confident, she's sexy.

Takwir

Total War

Post by Takwir » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:48 am

Total War Medieval II disappoints me in terms of cavalry - it is relegated to an even auxiliary role. Nevertheless, I played a bit with England and Poland.
Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine.

Matsui

Total War

Post by Matsui » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:59 pm

It does not bother me, somehow I am more into massive infantry battles;)
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Alfa

Total War

Post by Alfa » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:47 pm

Eh, there is nothing better than tramping your opponent's infantry into the ground. And here the cavalry can't even break through :(

As for the EU, I play in III Poland and after conquering all of Europe (one location of France, the one on B next to it and the Joanites), North America and half of South America, I have nothing to do.
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.

Pensmug

Total War

Post by Pensmug » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:47 pm

Besides Kane and Lynch ... It's Rome Total War.
What can I write about this game? Unless when it comes to graphics, Medieval crushes Rome, after that the game is as nice as in Medieval, even though there are only three Roman families to choose from. I am currently playing Brutus, so far I have occupied two towns, including Milan and I am developing more to the north and in a few days I may visit Rome itself to rule it
One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.