Total War

Woland

Total War

Post by Woland » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:33 pm

I recommend playing Rome: Total War only with the Total Realism mod. The difference between playing with blocks and building buildings. Something like the Gray Wolves mod for Silent Hunter III - once you get to know it, you won't be able to play without it.

Gor

Total War

Post by Gor » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:40 pm

Mod and probably it will be for days ... For now, check what and how ... But Medievala will probably not beat anyway;) I'm waiting for the campaign and I'll be able to kick Roman asses with Carthage or Gauls :)
There was only gold, and power, and the bodies of women, and steel.

Perv

Total War

Post by Perv » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:37 pm

Currently, apart from immortal Lineage2 (now in Freya's chronicle), I also play Total War: Shogun 2 As daimo Shimazu, I strive to become a shogun. The game seems to be the best in the series so far, only its hardware requirements can barely meet my slightly outdated PC.
It's so good being bad

Anansi

Total War

Post by Anansi » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:46 pm

Total War: SHOGUN 2 and so after two days of playing, I must say that although the game is awesome, has a lot of options and factions and is addictive, it is actually unplayable.
1) Difficulty level - I play on the lowest and I must admit that I am successful. I have mastered the whole of Kyushu and started to enter Honshu, but this is the end - despite the high economy and a strong army (because I only invested in administrative arts), the money is declining at an alarming rate, the Buddhists are organizing rebellions, and most of the families are hostile and are about to start the war.
2) Mechanics - development is difficult, not only that you need to have the right pieces, but also all the fun with raw materials and food supplies. As a result, there is no dilemma what to build - military or civil economic buildings (agents), because you can only build what has been developed in art. And the building limit is pretty hard. The second nail is diplomacy and relations with other families. Determined in a purely mechanical way - you grow, you get negative points for the relationship. Even if you have an alliance and marriage with the family confirmed by the exchange of hostages (interestingly, you cannot have a trade-in transaction - someone for someone, only one way). And the best thing - what does a small measure with a weak military position, patting poverty and without allies, do when you are right next to it? Maybe it would connect to a more powerful neighbor, form an alliance with him? No?
Agentura ... One agent per assigned building. Theoretically, expanding them, you should have more, but ... for me, Christianity is spread by three missionaries. Pff.
3) Battle. Or rather the lack of it - it pays me to have a large and strong army that solves everything with a quick battle, because those in real time (they have beautiful introductions) take a few minutes to load. The same applies to their endings, loading the game and (but a little less already) a new turn.

Eh, I'd play old Shogun
Everybody going to be dead one day, just give them time

Brerg

Total War

Post by Brerg » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:21 pm

I know, I played. About five quarters of an hour. For an hour I had fun and set up the squad and their traits and stuff, then it came to the quests and the fights and I was done.

I have Total War: SHOGUN 2 with mods. And this is a different game :)

I'm not exaggerating, the main disadvantages (with damn stiff mechanics) remained, but thanks to a number of small changes, you can play normally.
Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain.

Sylfil

Total War

Post by Sylfil » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:58 pm

I took up Napoleon Total War :-P I have to admit that the Total War series is following the blow. Beautiful graphics, gameplay, historical background (yes, after all, I can play Napoleon;)) I still have to see what these sea battles look like;) Now a question for those who have already had contact with this game ... or after the Napoleonic campaign new factions are coming ??
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Leriel

Total War

Post by Leriel » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:12 pm

No, apart from France, you only have Great Britain, Russia, Prussia and Austria. Spain arrives in the campaign in the Pyrenees Peninsula in the DLC, which is the most fraction-poor part of the series. However, in this part, for the first time, you can play a (each) campaign with someone over the net, not just the battles.
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Onirke

Total War

Post by Onirke » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:53 am

And so I regret the money spent.
I didn't fool around with the Shogun anymore.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Veldrin

Total War

Post by Veldrin » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:18 am

MrSpellu, recently I played in Medievala TW, I missed Napoleon and surroundings and compared to MTW Shogun is much different and more difficult but also more sweet. At least for me.

Tixon, I'm not hardcore. Previously, I played SH III without mods and now SH IV plus an add-on with u-bots which gives version 1.5 (which is a must due to bugs of earlier versions). I haven't installed anything else. There are some tremendous amounts of mods, but I don't like it. I am glad that it is the Pacific because I am a fan of fighting in this area and in the countryside.
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...

Irakhash

Total War

Post by Irakhash » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:34 am

I used the Radious miscellaneous pack - more food, cheaper army, more building experience, faster production, faster research, three points for promotion, bigger garrisons, slightly improved diplomacy. The game is much better, although I do not know if this is a general tendency or just for me, the clashes between large clans were so that both sides gathered three or four armies and only a quick fight could win with moderate losses.
Mortals cannot perceive me with the physical eye whilst in my pure form unless it is of my choosing, for it would result in fatality, which begs the question of why you are an exception.