Total War

Vanity Fair

Total War

Post by Vanity Fair » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:51 am

Late antiquity / early middle ages is quite hot for me, though it is more from the Byzantine perspective than all those rough, unwashed jerks pouring in from the east and north // orc. Internets said that the degree of difficulty is higher than in other TW and basically the game is that every now and then the Huns come running in and ax everyone - is it true?
All is vanity, nothing is fair

Hawking

Total War

Post by Hawking » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:19 pm

You can play Hunami too. The degree of difficulty is higher due to the possibility of devastating the region (leaving only ruins in it, the re-colonization of which costs part of the army and money), the progressive cooling of the climate (and therefore lower yields and greater problems with food) and the multitude of nations with hordes (not only Huns, earlier Visigoths and Ostrogoths will definitely pay us a visit). Playing as the horde, it hurts the settlement required to win, when there is not enough food to feed numerous armies.
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen Hawking.

Poison Ivy

Total War

Post by Poison Ivy » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:35 pm

I played a game with the eastern Romans for a while, 76.52% of the provinces showed me a smoking fake, the unkind people started to enter from each side, so I got angry. I got so angry that I launched the Age of Charlemagne campaign and I'm getting used to the climate. Mercia's got fucked up at first, but after I kicked the Welsh, spent a pound of gold to tame Wessex and Northumbria, and, and, and sat on Kent while the motherfuckers tried to stick the khanjar into my spleen, it got looser. I am now holding Britain by the mouth, fending off the Danes, I have just painted all of Ireland red and I gaze greedily across the Canal. It's nice, especially since the battles are won with shieldwall and the maneuver of a few cavalry.

EDIT: By the way, I have not been fooled by anyone for a long time as you like you from Creative Assembly by placing an easy starting position --_- in the faction description. At the outset, we have a war with two Welsh kingdoms at once, our own army that sits in beets and is not able to come to the aid of the region that feeds the whole country, and a vassal who is just waiting to rip our guts out - so the first ~ 20 turns is running with a bucket from corner to corner and putting out new fires. I haven't had so much fun for a long time // orc.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Ciliren

Total War

Post by Ciliren » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:35 pm

It is easy to play with the Emirate of Cordoba, and even with Asturias very easy. As for the game Mercja, I would rather describe it as the average level of difficulty - in fact, each nation in this expansion is the very beginning.
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it

Leriel

Total War

Post by Leriel » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:56 pm

Fact, then it takes off. But the first turns look like a brawl with halberds in a pole. Cordoba smiled at me at the beginning, but I have some kind of fondness for starting in the UK (probably good memories of England from Empire and Napoleon). In any case, the campaign is in question, my shieldwalls are preparing Bretonians in the bean-style (the naive ones declared war on me, they got their invasion from a leaf and I decided that I would come back with a return visit). I definitely like this version of TW.
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Devil Baby

Total War

Post by Devil Baby » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:26 pm

Total War: Troy on Epic available for free download only today;)
Sell your soul

Anansi

Total War

Post by Anansi » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:37 pm

after a quick reconnaissance by fight - greater chaos of the battle + a lot of campaign bizarre hakatumba, gods, heroes
Everybody going to be dead one day, just give them time

Eredin

Total War

Post by Eredin » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:27 pm

I'm sure the deputy minister of justice knows his stuff.
Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today

Brerg

Total War

Post by Brerg » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:21 pm

in fact, however, it is not.
what matters most is the brute force in the field :)

you have to take care of raw materials - it's easy to run into a deficit
a very big difference between "starting" units and advanced ones.

I am already plowing these Greeks.

I would play Trojans (for now, Akilles, Odys, Menel and Agamemnon)
Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain.

Gor

Total War

Post by Gor » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:05 pm

49th round, on normal
I have 3 armies of an incomplete number (yes, 15 j each)
middle class units (i.e. from "2" class buildings)
and I'm already sweeping
the largest Greek army (Troy is said to have bigger)
I don't even play battles anymore ...
There was only gold, and power, and the bodies of women, and steel.