Total War

Matsui

Total War

Post by Matsui » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:52 am

the first very well-founded objection to the game:

characters and magic

in WFB it was so that the characters were very strong and the magic was strong (though a bit random) and well used had a significant impact on the gameplay (e.g. HighMagic - Assault of Stone).
In TW: WH the characters (commanders and champions) are still very strong (maybe even more than in WFB.
example: I am defending wiocha with a garrison / 2x crossbow, 2x sword, 2xhalabarda attacks me with a small field of para-chaos 3xwolves, 4x middle class grassants + 1 lvl champion

I stand on a not too large hill - on the back there is a stepped crossbow / full width of regiments - i.e. 4 shooting rows /, in front of them a halberd next to each other - to take a charge on the chest, on both wings of a swordfish - they stand sideways, because it is known that the wolves will run around to attack from behind. The whole thing is on a hill, so the enemy has it uphill.

as expected - the wolves are running around, the Grassats are going to the lead - a short circuit, the halberdiers take on their chests and do not break - the crossbowmen have shot a bit, but with no visible effect.
on the swordfish wings they enter h-t-h with direwolves - on the wing where the swordfish squad is in command - and they fight the wolfx2 there is my advantage, on the second wing the first swords calmly slay wolves, but then the champion comes with support and it gets sad.
Halberds stick like Westerplatte - but in the long run / without support they have no chance - although the advantage is on their side.
I set some crossbowmen to another target - that is, clinging
the others I push with the support of the halberds.
on the better wing - my commander's unit is slowly breaking through the direwolves
and on the second - the wolves are already spier ^^ (* but the champion is pouring mine, like a rye thresher,
The crossbowmen strike a full volley - but nothing there, he takes it on the chest, the swordfish are crumbling ...

on the second wing - the direwolves are escaping, the swordsmen (there are still 40 peasants left) are charging in a hairline from the side / back at the marauders - the situation on the forehead is getting good. The enemy is losing all along the line.
but on the other wing I send crossbowmen to fight because the swordsmen are over - I know they have no chance, but I hope that they will occupy the champion for a while, and in this time I will break the main forces.

none of this - the crossbowmen burst like a condom from Biedronka ...

the champion loads into the back of the halberdiers, less than three swings of the sword, and my entire "army" is in disarray.
this is how Essen fell.

In summary - my halberdiers have killed 120 enemies
champion 130 mine.
and it wasn't some wild chaos champion - just an ordinary first-level straggler from the bustling north ... pushed for the true heroes of Chaos.

and the magic ... well, it is very weak - such low-level support - it's hard for me to put a price on it - but it seems that it is better to put a good regiment into the army than a mage - in the case of the Empire, if it is a large cannon or a Katyusha, it definitely gives better effect.
A bit more difficult to evaluate, but I think that it is effectively a better choice to put a supporting mage into the army (that is, with spStrong characters / characters do not surprise me - it was similar in WFB.
As for the description of the battle for Essen - well ... I played it three times, because it seemed that it could be won ... but the champion corrected me - 130 killed? this will not jump over it. (maybe he had good throws? :))

a - and one more thing.
Archers / crossbowmen / musketeers - I think they are a bit too weak ... but here I can agree that these units are hard to "balance".
maybe the elven archers will be clearly better?

Asu - do WoodElfy have Waywachers? Wardancers? Dryads? ... At WFB, clogs were a bit better than HighE.
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Triss Merigold

Total War

Post by Triss Merigold » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:52 am

that give bonuses in attributes / lowering the opponent's characteristics) than "damage" mages.

I wonder what it will look like in TW: WH2 where will the elves be, for whom magic is the basis?
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.

Dangerous

Total War

Post by Dangerous » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:38 pm

I am tempted to check for myself what you are doing wrong --_-
No matter what a woman looks like, if she's confident, she's sexy.

Woland

Total War

Post by Woland » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:16 pm

They have it all (instead of dancers), and so are the spars. However, they pay extra for spars and dryads with amber (the faction of spars and amber additionally pays for the recruitment of waywatchers and wardanceers).

As for the offensive spells - you were sure you attacked the right targets and the enhanced version of the spell (LMB 2 times on the spell selection, not 1 LMB - and then LMB on the target)? Death Mage (unfortunately, the Empire does not have this domain) with a stupid, strengthened leech, he is able to take down the enemy champion ... and even the lord.

Perv

Total War

Post by Perv » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:28 pm

yesterday around 22:00 I started the clash with the second invasion of Chaos.
3 powerful armies (3x20) with awesome Champions (lvl 2x20 +) emerged from behind the mountains from the lands of Kislev.
as I just fought the Beastmen there (there are two armies still there),
Karol Franciszek is stationed there with his army (20) along with auxiliary units under the command of Maciarewicz - a total of about 30 regiments (including 3 guns and 7 crossbowmen and 12 heavy cavalry) + several heroes.
Baltazar G�bka's second large army had just chased the Vikings and had 3 rounds of march

As the army of Chaos slowly dragged the Empire through the scorched lands of Ostermark, I had a lot of time for diversions (two turns of free action) - which brought unexpectedly good results - i.e. I killed two Champions (those 20+) and one very successful sabotage on units (I managed one army weaken to about 80% of its initial state).
All the time the 3 armies were going in the insured formation - which at some point I decided to use - it's better to hit once and for all, when all Chaos is in a pile and cannot fully develop (well - system limitations;))

I attacked everything I have this weakened army - so that the other two went in reinforcements and in pieces.

what to talk about the battle - it happened ...
despite some own mistakes - e.g. I unnecessarily sent KF to the back of the main army to take out "one" cannon, which took him a lot of time (so much that he did not finish the service to the end, because I had to get him to finish Chaos Champion (lvl 7) which gave me a hard time), I could better position the artillery (gun, mortar and organ) and put some bodies (no attention) on the left wing where something went wrong and my cavalry was rather losing.

Chaos reinforcements went from the upper left flank (2nd Ch army) and the lower left (3rd Ch army)
my meals were coming from noon - I put them relatively quickly to the LD blockade - lest they had come from behind me.

The battle was going more or less as planned - despite the fact that the left wing was slightly retracting - the center was holding well, and the right wing was successful - a successful flank and an advantage - which allowed, when the rear was passed (by Chaos), to support the center (and to get there advantage) and on the left wing I threw all the heroes that did not break before the middle / right one will come to the rescue - especially since reinforcements from the LG army have already started arriving - in the form of e.g. a giant or trolls.

I managed - if I hadn't, I wouldn't have written it,
the left wing held - the center broke, and I was winning on the basic line of battle,
in the clash with the army of LD, I also started to win - and here was the second breakthrough moment - that is when my army is a bit "splitting" in the chases and is stretched practically across the entire width of the battlefield - and from the east, fresh reinforcements in the form of 8 guns are just coming (LG ) or 3 giants and 2 trolls (LD)
luckily, two cavalry royals were prowling near the arriving guns - which allowed me to engage quickly
the rest of the army was gathered and rushed to help fight the LD.

I finished at 1:30 - of which this battle took me quietly 2-2.5 hours = 15 minutes of real battle time;)

today I will deliver the broken Chaos pack

----
there is no need to hide that if there was a different schedule of the order of reinforcements, or if whole armies were exposing themselves "at once"
or if at least two armies of Chaos were deployed at once - that is, the front one and which one from the left wing, I would rather have no chance (an "ordinary" soldier from the Chaos-Chaos army is better than a human soldier in stats) and the third one came in "pieces"
or if giants, trolls, and chariots had been displayed at once ...

I took advantage of the Matrix's weakness
It's so good being bad

Sylfil

Total War

Post by Sylfil » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:57 pm

Chaos forces in total defeated, sometimes some remnants of Vargow, Norsca or other Vikings burn ... but all in all a problem with nima.
There is a signal that the Orcs in the south have grown in strength, but I checked and the Dwarves and the Southmen are pouring them equally.
I took a few cities of an ally of Bretonnia but from vampires. And now the question - should you continue playing? Are you bored already? Because I can finish off one more pack, but there's really nothing to look for.
Unless I run into a conflict with the tapas, which have a ragged land already, and more dwarven clans are taking over.
The second force in the sandbox.
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Leriel

Total War

Post by Leriel » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:50 pm

Check what you are missing in the victory conditions, complete the campaign that ends and start the game with a new faction.
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Veldrin

Total War

Post by Veldrin » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:30 pm

From today I am taking Tyrion Ulthuan from the claws of cults and at the same time I am trying to unite the other principalities peacefully (officially on behalf of the crown). Later I will definitely consider whether to make a research expedition to Lustria or a punitive expedition to Naggaroth.
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...

fabulousfreesia

Total War

Post by fabulousfreesia » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:24 pm

Shadow W does not have any known lords so far only twins. Dragonprints and dragons lack money and a city of the right size xD Magic, even the best of the sea guards from archers (because they are also spearmen). There are two kinds of chariots, but somehow I prefer to buy eagle's claws.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Hawking

Total War

Post by Hawking » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:34 pm

and I play this Bretonnia and I'm bored - I'm supposed to be set to a high level, but everything is going smoothly - 56th round and I already have a piece of Bretonni (without Lyone and Bordo) and I got a piece of imperial cloth (Tabec, Sirland, Marienburg, Av, e.t.c)
boredom, I think I'll let go and play with some orcs or vampires.
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen Hawking.