RPG - new session

wonderwoman

RPG - new session

Post by wonderwoman » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:42 am

Janick woke up abruptly. Streaks of sweat on his burning forehead indicated that it was not a peaceful night once again. Which time has he been plagued by the same nightmare? The boy, knowing that he would not fall asleep, sat down on the bed.

“I'm 14 years old - I've had the same nightmare for the last 3 years. Night after night I am in some terrible battle. It does not look like in the stories of my grandfather - there are no knights in fighting armor and disgusting, filled with fear of the impending end of their miserable orcs' lives. There is nothing in it of the overheard atmosphere of a solemn event and the subsequent glory for the winners, which by some strange coincidence in my grandfather's stories were always the forces of good. In my grandfather's stories, the battle seems to be a solemn, cleansing event, after which the bad guys always run away in panic. In my dream, the battle is completely different. On both sides there are representatives of all races - dwarves, elves, humans, but also goblins, orcs, and trolls. The scarlet sky, torn by lightning, emphasizes the unnatural nature of the whole situation. After some time, as if at some silent signal, both armies hit each other. The faces of the warriors express only one feeling - hatred. Kill, destroy, annihilate the enemy at all costs. There is no honor, glory or righteousness. There is only a fight to the death.

The first ranks clashed with each other. A terrible scream rose over the battlefield. This scream foreshadows the terrible harvest that death will reap today. Only now do I notice that the two armies differ in one detail. One of the armies on the armor has a snake's head painted in red, the other one has blue paint. The "blue" squad of dwarves broke into the ranks of human archers. It's hard to see the movement of the short, stocky, ax-wielding dwarven hands - everything happens so fast. The only evidence of the effectiveness of their attack is the body parts falling onto the grass soggy with rain. Suddenly a blinding flash. The dwarven commander looks at his unit in amazement, watching the spark of life fade in the eyes of his companions. He looks reproachfully at the sky and, praying, falls to the ground - the burned bodies of his companions fall to the battlefield to the accompaniment of the mocking laughter of the "red" elven wizard. It does not last long, however - it suddenly breaks off with a loud rattling sound. A blue arrow pierces the wizard's throat.

More fights, more minutes of killing. There are no wounded on the battlefield - they are immediately finished off as if some force did not wish for the triumph of life over death. It was to be a one-sided victory for the grim reaper. The stench hovering above the battlefield is unbearable - a mixture of blood, excrement, sweat, ozone, slowly decomposing corpses. The survivors, however, do not feel it - they have only one goal - to destroy the enemy from the face of the earth.

The last two branches are fighting with each other. Human swords, crisscrossing dwarven axes, elven and goblin arrows wreak havoc on opposing ranks, red and blue wizards casting and disabling their most terrible spells. Every second brings death, the ranks thinner. Two of them remain. A red man wielding two hand-and-a-half swords and a blue elf with a katana and a short sword. They both look at each other, panting heavily. They look around and see piles, a veritable sea of ​​corpses, limbs, abandoned weapons. They know that this is the end - that there is only one opponent in their way, who can be killed for the sake of their own preservation. A flash in the eye and the singing of the blade. Parade. Half-turn. Crockery. Blood drops from a severed arm. Feint. Riposte. Another endless combat cutting and blood mixing in close quarters. A moment of hesitation ... end of the duel. The man falls down with his head bowed to his knees. Raindrops drip from his hair and soak into the studded jacket of the dead elf lying in front of him. A man raises his head, sticking his unseeing eyes into the void. At this point, she feels like she is becoming him. Enormous pain spreading from the base of the skull to all limbs, the smell of ozone, a blinding flash and then darkness.

I wake up in my bed. I play the same battle every day. Every day with the same result. I didn't tell my grandfather about it because he'd think I'm crazy. I have to cool my hot head somehow. I think that if I leave my house for a while, nothing will happen - we live in a remote area. It is true that my grandfather told me to stay at home and wait until his return, but he will not find out - he will be back in 3 days at the earliest. Where would I go? It's too noisy over the waterfall - he needs some quiet, peaceful place to gather his thoughts. Yes - this clearing definitely works. "
Smiling to himself, Janick put on a warm sheepskin caftan and walked towards the clearing where he often heard his grandfather's stories. He wore no weapon - his grandfather scolded him for making himself a wooden sword. He explained to Janick that he did not want any weapons in his house - he assured him that they had nothing to fear. It did not take Janick long to reach the clearing - it was some 800 steps away from the house. To his surprise, he discovered that the usually empty clearing was occupied by several figures. They were dressed like the beggars from the city of Attia - only the sheer number of weapons in a different profession showed. One of the characters - a woman, as it turned out later, was apparently a sorceress, as she played with a little flame crawling on her hand. Janick approached the edge of the clearing cautiously, wanting to listen to the loud dispute.

“We've been wandering in this wilderness for over a week. It's been a good month since I left this damn temple. Were it not for our new companions who made their healing potions available to us, we would probably all end up as food for forest animals. In addition, we still don't really know what happened in that temple or what happened to Thorin. Do I alone remember anything? "

“Calm down, Illaifenie - we've already talked about it. Neither of us remembers those events. We don't know what happened, but it won't do us any good by studying those events. We need to reflect on our future. Our bellows are still empty. For something, you will have to buy equipment, potions in the nearest town, dress better, because now we look like beggars. First of all, you have to finally get to some city. "

“I agree with Henn - no need to feel sorry for your fate - you have to act. Tomorrow, at dawn, we set off in the direction given to us by our new companions. We should reach Adria in a few days. "

Suddenly, Janick carelessly stepped onto the branch, which broke with a loud crash. After a few seconds, the boy was surrounded by everyone who had sat by the fire earlier ...
It's Not About What You Deserve; It's About What You Believe

Rincewind1

Re: RPG - new session

Post by Rincewind1 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:13 am

Come on, who do we have here!

I'm smiling :)
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Supergirl

Post by Supergirl » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:16 am

I take the pipe out of my mouth and brush it against the boy.

What are you, who is one? Huh? Talk to me here but live!

After these words, I take a drag on the deeply aromatic, blissfully gnawing tobacco and carefully look around.

Beautiful, some broad pants approached us like a cow peasant. There is no ......
I watch the boy carefully, then shift my gaze to Grog sniffing him.

And go, you damn one. Do you have a runny nose or what? You didn't sense the grub. Why do I need such a dog. I'll make you a glove.
The dog put its ears behind itself and on its bent paws and with its tail tucked up it left its master's eyes (taking its place by the bundles). He looked once at the dwarf, once at the boy.

I put one hand on the ax and the other holds the pipe.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Leriel

Post by Leriel » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:20 am

With a few simple movements of my hand, I surround the boy with a circle of icy green flame. After a short while, when the flame is extinguished, I stare sternly at his protruding eyes.

What are you looking for here?
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Eredin

Post by Eredin » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:05 am

I'm not saying anything. My icy, distrustful gaze pierces the intruder right through, and the dagger I'm playing with makes it clear what the unfortunate person may encounter with the slightest suspicious movement ...
Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today

Alfa

Post by Alfa » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:50 am

Staję za plecami towarzyszy, zakladam ręce i zmarszczywszy czoło przypatruję się chłopcu ciekawie, nic nie mówiąc... Niebezpiecznie zza pleców wystaje moja kusza...
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.

Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:53 am

Suddenly a gusty wind blows up. The boy drops to his knees, head bowed, spreads his arms, and then the shock wave throws you to the ground. Leaves dance around the boy's figure like some kind of protective aura. Those with a gift among you sense that at this moment the boy is a source of enormous magical strength. Suddenly, a voice starts to appear in your head - you do not perceive it as always, but you feel as if someone is burning words straight into your eyelids ...

“I am the seventh of the seventh, Fist of the North, Flower of Wisdom, despising and scorned. Lost by his pride. The time for revenge is coming - I sense it in circles of time. The blade of the ages will sink into the traitor and restore balance. Seek what you do not want to find, surrender to what you do not want to give up. Beware of the white raven. Follow my blood. "

You get a terrible headache and you pass out ...

You all wake up at the same time. You feel that delicious smells spread from the fire where the mysterious boy is sitting, which reminds you that you have not eaten hot food for several days.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Hawking

Post by Hawking » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:00 am

I get up from the ground and hurriedly check my combat gear, especially my "fairy" (professionally called a pistolecikiem). I'm looking for my faithful dog. Having made sure that the delicious smells do not come from his baked flea-stained carcass, I breathe a lot of relief.

I cast a glare at Amroth and grunt through my teeth.

You and those tricks of yours, damn him. He wanted green fires to let go of it now. From magic, use a distance, as a last resort, at most. And not show some fancy tricks around the srututut. Tfuu !. Each action provokes a reaction. Simple rule. But perhaps too simple for some. And the shit's reaction was, heh, overwhelming.

I turned towards the fire, because I had already said what I had to say, and my stomach rumbling I couldn't control.

I think we have a little bit to talk to my brother, huh?
I said to the boy, looking with curiosity, it was him that the source of the smell that irritates empty stomach.
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen Hawking.

fabulousfreesia

Post by fabulousfreesia » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:25 am

I get up a bit dazed by the current situation and irritated by Grisma's chatter. I go to the fire and stand in front of it.

Nothing like an intelligent criticism heard from a dwarf. Watch your words. Maybe the boy got scared of your hairy, ugly face, which would be very likely.

I walked away from the fire because I suddenly remembered that I hadn't checked my things.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Dangerous

Post by Dangerous » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:34 am

I opened my eyes lying face down on the ground. There are grains of sand in his mouth. First thought - try to move my legs to make sure my spine doesn't break. I fear my toes, then my entire leg. With relief, I get up, dust off, spit, pick up the crossbow lying next to me, check if I have everything.

I look at the boy and say to my companions:

Gods, if it goes on like this, we won't live long, I am telling you ...
No matter what a woman looks like, if she's confident, she's sexy.