Fantasy Conventions

Sylfil

Fantasy Conventions

Post by Sylfil » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:08 am

Fantasy Conventions or Science Fiction Conventions are gatherings of fans of the speculative fiction genre, science fiction. Historically, science fiction conventions had focused primarily on literature, but the purview of many extends to such other avenues of expression as films, television, comics, animation, and games. The format can vary but will tend to have a few similar features such as a guest of honour, discussion panels, readings and large special events such as opening/closing ceremonies and some form of party or entertainment. Science fiction conventions started off primarily in the UK and US but have now spread further and several countries have their own individual conventions as well as playing host to rotating international conventions. is an annual convention of professionals, collectors, and others interested in the field of fantasy.

Have you ever been on some? How it is look like?
Is it worth to visit?
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Onirke

Re: Fantasy Conventions

Post by Onirke » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:06 pm

I was on Pyrkon in Poland, Poznan. It was great, like a huge fantasy show
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Perv

Post by Perv » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:17 pm

Onirke wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:06 pm I was on Pyrkon in Poland, Poznan. It was great, like a huge fantasy show
This year I'm going there. Never been.
It's so good being bad

Devil Baby

Post by Devil Baby » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:30 pm

I was at small convent called Falkon. It was in Lublin, Poland. I liked it very much. There was a big hall with board games, another one with numerous fantasy stuff you could buy, booths of printing houses, artists, writers, rooms for lectures, a lot of cosplayers. There were non stop shows, battles, photoshoots. It was like fantasy swarm of bees. I met a lot of great interesting people there and with some of them I'm still in touch :)
Sell your soul

Vanity Fair

Post by Vanity Fair » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:49 pm

Devil Baby wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:30 pm I was at small convent called Falkon. It was in Lublin, Poland. I liked it very much. There was a big hall with board games, another one with numerous fantasy stuff you could buy, booths of printing houses, artists, writers, rooms for lectures, a lot of cosplayers. There were non stop shows, battles, photoshoots. It was like fantasy swarm of bees. I met a lot of great interesting people there and with some of them I'm still in touch :)
wow, sounds cool
All is vanity, nothing is fair

Oneia

Post by Oneia » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:19 am

Fa

Cool, I was there too 2 years ago!!! It was great show! It is a pity that Falkon actually died :(
Dopamine Addicted

Supergirl

Post by Supergirl » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:47 am

Oneia wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:19 am Fa

Cool, I was there too 2 years ago!!! It was great show! It is a pity that Falkon actually died :(
Yep, weak organisations and lack of donations helped :geek:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Poison Ivy

Post by Poison Ivy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:59 am

Supergirl wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:47 am
Oneia wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:19 am Fa

Yep, weak organisations and lack of donations helped :geek:
True... But now the issue is that in that building is a hospital for people with covid :(
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.

Anansi

Post by Anansi » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 am

I'd like to visit one of USA fantasy conventions <3
Everybody going to be dead one day, just give them time

Leriel

Post by Leriel » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:21 am

Anansi wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 am I'd like to visit one of USA fantasy conventions <3
Like in The Big Bang Theory? :D :D :D
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.