Battlestar Galactica

Devil Baby

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Devil Baby » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:12 am

I say: If it's going to be good, why not?
Sell your soul

Kaikki

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Kaikki » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:53 am

The movie "Quarantine" (remake of the Spanish "REC") was also good, only the question arises about the meaning of its creation, since the original has barely come out, has not aged or anything. Means, in the example given by me, it is easy to explain: the American would not like subtitles in the cinema :-) but in the case of BSG, I do not find such an explanation. A little over two years ago, we "buried" the new BSG and this universe still has great potential.

I understand MrSpell's line of reasoning (Robin Hood, Musketeers etc) but I don't really like BSG in this category. Any attempts to tell a story inspired by these realities, but modified, not embedded in the same universe as the series, but still under the banner of "Battlestar Galactica", I delete in advance.

And so now it occurred to me: then they can use some heroes, as it happened in the case of BSG from 79 -> 04. I will mention it right away. For me, WILLIAM ADAMA is Edward James Olmos. Gaius Baltar is James Callis. Etc., etc. Nothing is known yet, even if there will be (and who would have whom to play) - but I don't like the new Adam anyway. New Baltar. The new Starbuck. Now I understand the people who put "1" on Filmweb before its premiere: mrgreen:

By the way, I can see that "Blood & Chrome" is already in a kind of development hell. Sad to waste an opportunity, especially in view of the current drought on the television sci-fi market.
I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.

Leriel

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Leriel » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:52 am

"occasion" = another series in the BSG'04 universe. Don't reboot. The planned film is only a confirmation of what the drought is at the moment, since such ideas are passing :-P
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Woland

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Woland » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:26 am

I propose a bold modification.
Here is the huge BSG ship with Captain Adama, with his son Apollo and with the crazy pilot Starbuck, looking for the Earth, arrives on a planet controlled by Aliens, those from Ripley. There is a great clash on the planet, in which the Predator hunters join in, and at the decisive moment they save all the Transformers together with Captain America supported by Harry Potter himself.
And then they all lived happily ever after.
The film is titled BSG / Aliens / Predator / Kapitan America / Transformers / Harry Potter.
Why not?
I would like to emphasize that my idea has nothing to do with the previous works bearing these titles. To modernize HP, she will be a black lesbian, Captain USA will have dreadlocks and will be Chinese, and Apolla will play �ebrowski in a hairstyle from the movie The Witcher.

Matsui

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Matsui » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:35 am

And at the very beginning, the image of a slowly gliding spaceship, disturbing background music, and after a while the voice of Piotr Natanek broadcast into the air:
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Vataes

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Vataes » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:36 am

It somehow did not bother me, although I was a bit disappointed that this is not just a high-budget production with characters from the series that I know and like, but well. I agree with Spell - if it's good, you should only be happy, if it's bad, you can pick on it. It's nice for me that there is always something going on around this universe.
Every time you take one path, you must live with the memory of the other: of a life left unchosen.

Hawking

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Hawking » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:42 am

In English, the internet is collapsed, if that were our way. :)
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen Hawking.

Onirke

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Onirke » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:16 am

A big price cut, I would even buy myself, but a few months ago I got the whole series on DVD and I don't see the point. But the promotion is noteworthy.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Eredin

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Eredin » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:25 pm

If it really looks like this:
Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today

Alfa

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Alfa » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:39 pm

For me it was average there, to be honest. Rumor has it that SyF (s) will most likely release the pilot, and that will end all of Chrome's pain relief. ;)
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.