Best Fantasy

Gor

Best Fantasy

Post by Gor » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:43 am

Hello to all fantasy lovers. I would like to know what your favorite books of this genre are.

I will probably not be original when I say that for me the Tolkien trilogy will remain the best. This is the first book of this genre that I have come across (I read it 10 years ago and it's still the best for me). Besides, The Witcher is oki, Xanth, World of witches etc ......
There was only gold, and power, and the bodies of women, and steel.

Leriel

Re: Best Fantasy

Post by Leriel » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:12 am

I loved the books of Andre Norton (including The Witches' World or The Eagle Empire), Tolkien's Trilogy as much as possible, besides the Dragon's Throne, Harry Harrison - the Steel Rat was nice too and of course Roger Zelazny with his Dilvis :)

I remember these, but there were certainly many others;)
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Iskrena

Post by Iskrena » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:26 am

I don't know why, but when I enter the Book section, I see 0 in the number of answers to this topic.
Every queen wants a king, but don’t get it twisted—I can run the castle by myself.

Triss Merigold

Post by Triss Merigold » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:29 am

The Witcher, obviously :)
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.

Veldrin

Post by Veldrin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:50 am

I recommend the entire edition of Blizzard: Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft... But the Hobbit and LoR are the best books I have read
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...

Sylfil

Post by Sylfil » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:58 am

Tolkien - yes, and for the rest, I won't say anything, there are better experts here than me.
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Perv

Post by Perv » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:14 pm

I recommend the Winter of the World trilogy - Michael Scott Rohan. Outstanding story,
addictive, reads quickly. One of the best books I have read. There was no
the moment she bored me. Action from the first page to the last.

I recommend it, it's really worthy.
It's so good being bad

Devil Baby

Post by Devil Baby » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:39 pm

Tolkien was nice, but for me the best fantasy will be the Dragon Lance saga by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickam.

It is a pity that not everything in this series has been translated into Polish
Sell your soul

Vanity Fair

Post by Vanity Fair » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:50 pm

If I wrote that Tolkien is my favourite author, I would be lying - because it is not. Probably many, but there are better fantasy books: E Tolkien is a classic - a slowly rotten classic, not necessarily tasteful. I like and appreciate "The Lord of the Rings", but it is not my "favourite"

And my favourite authors of Fantasy ...

David Eddings (for many years), George R.R Martin, Guy Gavriel Kay, Stephen Donaldson, Richard Adams.
All is vanity, nothing is fair

Oneia

Post by Oneia » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:35 am

I am currently reading Sapkowski (I have read two volumes of stories about Wiedzmin, the first volume of the saga, and I am starting the second). As for me, "Wiedzmin" is a more interesting item than "Lord of the Rings".

I don't know if I remember well, but Terry Brooks is also a cool author. I read his book called "Stones of the Elves" and I liked it very much. When I finish reading Sapkowski, I will definitely look at his books from the beginning.
Dopamine Addicted