Loreena McKennitt

Triss Merigold

Loreena McKennitt

Post by Triss Merigold » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:29 am

I got her one CD called The Visit and when I heard this Lady's voice, she enchanted me. Something beautiful, it's hard to describe, a voice both strong and gentle. Music is actually hard to describe. It's neither pop nor classical music. The term song suits me best. Loreena also plays the harp and this instrument appears in the songs. You can feel the influence of early music, but it is presented in such a shape that it is difficult to classify.
Certainly, the recordings are dominated by beautiful singing and the singing is amazing, clear as crystal and technically professional. He sings very differently within one song. It should be emphasized that singing is not operatic.
I bought a second album entitled "To Drive Cold Winter Away" and I was not disappointed. There is less "hit" music on a matter more inspired by old songs. And it has a more contemplative character.
One song is accompanied by a male vocal. But it is an album that I recommend wholeheartedly.

If anyone has not heard it yet, I recommend it, although from what I know, this singer is not very well known in our country. But in her native Canada, she is very famous and I am not surprised. CDs in Warsaw are at least available, although not cheap of course.
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.

Woland

Re: Loreena McKennitt

Post by Woland » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:33 am

I don't need to be encouraged. I know this lady and I admit she has some beautiful songs. I haven't listened to her for a long time and I think I'm going to do something.

Veldrin

Post by Veldrin » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:38 am

Loreenka rules

Between Slayer, Testament and the like, I love to hear this kind of music from time to time ... types of singing are geared to induce this heartbreaking climate).

In addition, Loreena's music is sooooo well suited to the RPG session - so soft, subdued ... flying in the background ... a feeling as if it were in an inn
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...

Sylfil

Post by Sylfil » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:13 am

Right. Everyone here probably knows and appreciates Mrs. LM. I also
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Onirke

Post by Onirke » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:22 am

You don't have to worry about me either, I've known about Loorena for quite a long time, I like to listen to it, although I didn't hear much again.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Perv

Post by Perv » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:26 am

Just today I got a few songs of this lady ... Unfortunately my sister is taking my headphones and I have to wait a bit until I listen to myself ... By the way, yesterday someone recommended it to me and I got the name from somewhere ... ... Well, I already knew where ...

And by the way, it's a greeting and kisses for Anita who should register here soon
It's so good being bad

Devil Baby

Post by Devil Baby » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:31 am

I believe that this music itself has so much beauty, magic and extraordinary atmosphere that it is best to listen to it with your eyes closed. And then the amazing images appear by themselves. The voice of this lady constantly amazes me, with every sound she sings. I can venture to say that Loreena has the most beautiful voice I have heard.
Sell your soul

Vanity Fair

Post by Vanity Fair » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:38 am

I heard her music at a friend's. Just something wonderful, the lady has a really great and original voice and this music with Celtic elements ... Beautiful ..
All is vanity, nothing is fair

Anansi

Post by Anansi » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:45 am

Swego czasu dużo słuchałem muzyki celtyckiej i new age. Wtedy Loreena gościła u mnie bardzo często. Dzisiaj rzadziej, ale nadal mam do niej sentyment.
Everybody going to be dead one day, just give them time

Ciliren

Post by Ciliren » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:47 am

A beautiful voice, what can I say
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it