TORI AMOS

fabulousfreesia

TORI AMOS

Post by fabulousfreesia » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:29 am

Probably most of you know that one of my favourite singers is Tori Amos. I wonder if you know and like Tori? I should admit that in my opinion what she is doing is really great and I am highly fascinated by it
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Dangerous

Re: TORI AMOS

Post by Dangerous » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:31 am

Let me just say that I know only some Tori songs and I like them very much.
No matter what a woman looks like, if she's confident, she's sexy.

Gor

Post by Gor » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:17 am

However, you recognizing ... and this is something :) I think that many of this singer's work could suit you. Although more stylistically not this kind of music but emotions and atmosphere very similar
There was only gold, and power, and the bodies of women, and steel.

Leriel

Post by Leriel » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:59 am

Also know Tori Amos. A few years ago I saw her from 2 music videos .... elsewhere and at another time I heard 2 other songs. Recently, however, I remembered this lady through her cover of Slayer "Raining Blood" .... yes yes !! This lady has covered the Slayer track Twisted Evil For the uninitiated, I will say that Slayer, despite the fact that it has existed for a good 20 years, no Peace ballad has broken yet, so Mrs. Amos covered a really heavy, fast, aggressive song (one of the legendary Slayer songs). I encourage everyone to listen to this piece performed by Slayer and then to listen to the same song performed by Mrs. Amos .... It was a total surprise for me Smile And so the original remained much better for me than the cover, but I cannot accuse Amos of the lack of originality and creativity, because in order to arrange this work in this way, you had to have these 2 features Smile

So I respect what Tori Amos does, but I must admit that I practically do not know her works.
We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

Triss Merigold

Post by Triss Merigold » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:24 am

"Sleeping with the butterflies" (I hope I didn't twist the title: P) is one of the most wonderful songs - I just love
I always try to suit my clothes to my company. It is the only way to be inconspicuous.

Woland

Post by Woland » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:33 am

On Tori's website you can listen to pieces of her songs ...

Veldrin

Post by Veldrin » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:38 am

Tori Amos is a relatively recent discovery for me. I know two of her albums quite well - "Little Earthquakes" and "Scarlet's Walk", because when I listened to all the songs made by this lady for the first time, those albums caught my ear the most. Overall, she has recorded so much so far that it's hard to comprehend it all.
I love singing her songs, although I must admit that I don't really understand the lyrics (and here, once again, my English Wink bows deeply). I admire her talent, I love watching concert recordings of her songs, where it turns out, for example, that Tori can sing, play with one hand and swing in the air with the other Smile (while many people would not be able to play and sing so nicely without even waving their hand) Wink).
I also like the covers she has created (eg Smells like teen spirits or Can't Get You Outta My Head).
I think all because I just like her voice and I like the combination of a nice voice + piano.
In short: I recommend you to read.
...disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business...

Sylfil

Post by Sylfil » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:13 am

Shame that I don't know her achievements ..Sad ...I'll make up for it, I promise.
Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it

Onirke

Post by Onirke » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:23 am

you should, because you'll see it's worth it. I recommend starting with her first album "Little Earthquakes" and then downloading more releases. In my opinion, the big influence of Tori Amos can be seen in the melody line to "Angels" there is something of the atmosphere of tori songs ... but that's just my opinion.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Perv

Post by Perv » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:26 am

Yes, the single from the latest album is nice, but I assure you that it is worth downloading the whole "theBEEKEEPER" because you will find even better songs there :) For example "Power Of Orange Knickers", "Umbrella" or the title track, which in my opinion is great.

BDW: I'm glad some of you maybe get to know Tori and her music through this topic
It's so good being bad